Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Palak AgarwalYour feedback matters!
She is 7 years old healthy child. Some time her upper lip get swallow. (thick) .i don't no the reason but it will automatically fit after some hours. I want to know the reason which thing react her because after eating egg, outside food. Please suggest test if any. And one thing more her injection till 4 years is complete after that we are not taking.
My Teeth have unbearably more sensitive now. The gums too are receding. As advised, I use the softest bristled toothbrush available. I even do not do hard brushing. For my age, at 32, its too early for these problems. Please advice what should I do.
I have bad habits for chewing tobacco products. For this reason my teeth are seen red. I am trying to not taken tobacco products, but I do not. Can you tell me what should I do. Every day I am washing my teeth 2 times.
I have a pain and a clicking sound when open my mouth. The sound is coming from ma jaws like when I open my mouth and close it there is a sound nd sometimes it pains too what should I do.
Dear sir, Front" Three Teeth's are taken" so we can go one Implant teeth and another one natural 4th teeth in bridge method. Is it better option or not.
Hi. I have problem with my teeth. I mean there are lot of gaps between my teeth. I want to shape them. Can anyone tell what might the cost of such treatments.
Hello, I am terribly suffering from severe bad breath. When I wake up in morning, my mouth stinks so much that I myself can feel the bad breath. After brushing, immediately within an hour my mouth starts stinking. I brush twice a day, in morning and before going to bed along with applying manjan at evening. I do scaling twice a year and dentist confirmed that oral hygiene is good. I have a runny nose while having my meals, my tongue gets white throughout the day despite of cleaning it daily in morning and while brushing my teeth in morning also I feel that bad breath is coming from my throat. I am not a doctor but I doubt it's a nasal issue or may be tonsil stones issue. By reading the above information, can some doctor please advise, which type of specialist I should see I'm Pune. I mean ENT, gastroenterologist etc? I really wish to eliminate this bad breath issue permanently so please please advise genuinely. Thanks in advance.
Sir, i am suffering with teeth pain. Due to which I cant open mouth full. It is left side last teeth. And at the joint chin it is pain. So it is better to remove teeth both.
My father wants to change all his teeth and then wants new artificial teeth for replacing them.Is it possible whats the cost estimation for this?
Suddenly I got pain on my right side teeth upper skin, I asked a dentist and he told me that there is a infection and this is the reason for pain and swelling, he prescribed some antibiotics for me to take which are -: 1. Amoxyclav 625 for 3 days (2 per day) 2. Hifenac P for 3 days (2 per day) Just want to know, is there any side effect of this medicine or not? And can I take these and complete the course. Please suggest.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.