Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pakhee Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pakhee AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Is artificial hymen available and if yes when should we have to go for it just before marriage or sometime before?
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
Respected sir/ mam, my aunt has been diagnosed with a condition of endometrial hyperplasia & small uterine fibroid. She is prescribed by a doctor to take some medicines among which is Dear 21 tablet (levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol). She took the tab for a period of 21 days and then stopped taking after which her menstruation cycle began. As she rechecked up with the doctor she was asked to restart the medications for 2 more months. From which day of periods after 3rd day shell she start the first tablet of the pack. And also if you have any better guidance regarding her problem, please suggest.
A natural fertility diet is a way of eating that is supporting your body in its reproductive efforts. It includes foods which are dense in specific nutrients needed for hormonal function, balance and production, fetal development, egg health, blood health, sperm health and much more.
Benefits of eating a natural fertility diet
- provide antioxidant, minerals and vitamins which helps to protect egg and sperm health from the damage caused by free radicals, help to body maintain hormonal balance by providing the fats needed for hormonal function and production.
- provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients for optimal health, decrease the chances of miscarriage due to insulin resistance and damage from free radicals to egg sperm and dna.
- help to build important nutrients store for pregnancy, supports a healthy reproductive system.
- eat organic, grass fed, whole fat raw dairy. Eat high fibre food with each meal.
- no soy and soya products (soy foods have estrogens properties it's best to avoid soy milk, butter, chips, meat soy powder.
- avoid refined sugar and pasteurised fruits drink (apple, orange other bottled fruits juice contain consentration sugar which can throw off your blood sugar levels and negatively effect your immune system.
- drink lots of clean water.
- eat fresh green leafy vegetables, fruits, cheese eggs, beans, red meat, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, citrus fruits, almond, sea food which is rich of vit d, vit c, vit e, b-12, folic acid and zinc.