Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmaYour feedback matters!
I am 41 continuously having periods from last 10 days never had a problem very healthy otherwise ..please suggest thankyou
Recently I have taken a ultrasound (normal, as not getting periods from 2 months) ,all beta hcg n hpt are negative ,they told me to not to pee and withhold till you can manage, but I drink around 600 ml water, my bladder was almost full that if I drink furthermore I could vomit, want to go for urine but not that much i.e not in very hurry to pee, but yes I wanted to pee, does ultrasound be accurate.
Hi. I am a female aged 27 years and married. I am having pain on the sides of my breasts. Please suggest what needs to be done and why its happening.
I am 34 years old I have three kids all r normal delivery I hv pcod problem since before marriage. Even I hv thyroid tkn med 50 mg daily. I got done biopsy the result is minor cervical infection B z. Of tht Dr. gv me three months course of sevista. I got period last month but not this month. Reason pz Dr? I know about the tab it is estrogen n used for urinary bleeding. My question is why I didn't get my period? 13 years complete of my marriage. Pz give in depth ans Dr?
- Lose weight if overweight or obese.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly for atleast 30mins.
- Increase the intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Choose low fat dairy products over the high fat dairy products.
- Have small frequent meals.
- Include proteins like fish, lean chicken but in baked, boiled or grilled.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Reduce the intake of salt and can use herbs, lemon.
- Avoid sugary and processed foods.
- Avoid fast food and fried food.
- Avoid saturated fats.
- Don’t take stress.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
1. Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
2. Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
3. Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
1. Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
2. Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
3. Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
4. Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!