Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmaYour feedback matters!
Dermabrasion is a skin related treatment used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists to cure a number of ailments that may leave your skin looking less than healthy. This method basically employs a technique that removes the upper layers of your skin with the help of a rough edged diamond wheel or a wire brush. These edges are called a burr or a fraise.
Here is everything you need to know about the procedure as well as the results that it can yield:
- Areas and Conditions: The most common areas where this procedure is conducted include the face as well as the neck. It is mostly used to treat people who want to remove fine lines that form around the eyes and the mouth, as well as patients who are suffering from acne scars and other inflammation causing skin ailments as well as abrasions due to injuries.
- Preparation: The procedure includes cleaning and marking the area that is being treated. This is the first step that helps in seeing exactly what needs to fixed, the extent of the damage and the intensity of the treatment to be employed. Following this process, the doctor will administer a local anaesthesia such as, Lidocaine that will numb the area before the actual treatment begins so that the patient does not undergo any discomfort. Also, with this purpose in mind, the dermatologist may also apply ice packs on the face and neck of the patient so as to make the skin even more numb and remain like that for a longer period of time. Additionally, the skin may be sprayed with a freezing cryogenic spray in order to retain the numbness and keep the skin firm enough for effective treatment. If the doctor is going to treat deeper abrasions or the entire face, then pain killers and general anaesthesia may be used.
- Procedure: To begin with, a small area is exposed to the treatment at a time, rather than the entire area or face at one time. After the freezing spray is administered, the doctor may run the rotating brush or burr to remove the top layers of the skin. Gauze will be kept handy so as to stem any bleeding that may take place during the process. Finally, the area will be covered with the help of ointment and dressing.
- Results: The recovery time is said to take anywhere between five to eight days. But this also depends on the severity of condition that was treated, as well as the area that was covered. Little or no pain may follow and regular cleaning will be required. To prevent re-occurrence or re-growth of the problem, follow up visits to the dermatologist will be required.
My friend is married anfgot delayed period for more than one month n still shez not pregnant .n dis happens to her since she got married what could be d reason behind it?
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!