Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmaYour feedback matters!
Me and my girl friend engaged in sex and I am not used condom. But not a vaginal intercourse but anal. Is that will be a problem or it cause any diseases in feature?
As per doc prescription I took 1 tablet of mife pristine orally. After 24 hrs 800 mcg that is 4 tablets of misoprostol under my tongue for 30 min my question I bled only on that very night but next day onwards no bleeding so doc done my ultrasound and seen a small dot in uterus. And gave me sysron n if bleeding does not start in 5 days he will go for surgical procedure.
I had protected sexual intercourse after 1.5 years and the day after I started experiencing watery vaginal discharge and burning sensation in the vagina specially while urinating. The burning sensation stopped after 3 days however the watery discharge still persists for 3-4 times a day. Is this normal? Does it requires treatment?
Can we get little spotting during pregnancy that's too on 3rd month. If so how many days it's last for.
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
I had sex with my grlfrnd used condom on 9th day after her period nw its one month over still she not getting periods what it seems? How to ger period now please its urgent.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in gallbladder. Gallbladder is a pear shaped, sac-like structure that is located in the upper right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- being overweight or obese
- eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- eating diet that’s low in fiber
- having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol . But this can take months or years to remove stones from bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual mealtimes each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise.