Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Shrivastav
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P. ShrivastavYour feedback matters!
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy-
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- Inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- Indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- Problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage-
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I have been facing a problem in my penis because It's very small and thin and. When I have do sex with my partner. I am very tired early and my sperm falling quick please. Help. Me on this.
Sir I am from hyderabad I am suffering this IBS syndrome not getting motion free and some time bleeding from colon I am several times endoscopy done by gastroenterologist now I am using this medicine from 4 years sompraz D is it any side effects from this medicine. Please suggest me sir best medicine for free motion and I have take alcohol monthly 3/4 time just 90 ml per week is there any cause for this habit. I am not getting free sleep and free motion now also getting burn in penis passing urine. Please suggest me sir.
Good mrng. Madam I have question regarding my concentration on my work & job. I am not able to decide what to do or not always confused. The big problem is sex interested. Always thinking of that. Yes I am also addict of porn videos. Kindly give your precious suggestion. Thanks.
I have Dust allergy. And weakness vomiting I can not feel well.Please suggest me something for that.
Daily morning me kacha holud khane se kya hota hain or khali pet lehsun khane se kya hota? Mein erection strong karne ke liye kya kare please suggest.
Is really masturbation effects the human health like the height growth and hair fall n all please tell me.
No matter how much information there is available about AIDS and HIV, the thought of it makes a person shudder. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV is the virus responsible for AIDS or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. This virus attacks the immune system and over time leaves the body defenseless against other infections and types of cancer. Till date, there is no cure for HIV or AIDS. However, what we do know is how the disease can be transmitted from one person to another. Knowing this enables us to control the transmission of the disease.
Unlike other viruses, HIV cannot be transmitted through air, water etc. This virus can only be transmitted through:
- Blood: Receiving blood transfusions from an HIV positive person is sure to put you at risk of suffering from the disease as well. For this reason, it is essential to only take blood from registered blood banks that run HIV screening tests. This holds true for organ and tissue transplants as well. Being stuck with an HIV infected needle can also put you at risk of coming in contact the virus. In some cases, direct contact between broken skin, wounds and mucous membranes can also lead to the transferring of HIV cells from one person to another. HIV does not spread through saliva, however, if while kissing, both partners suffer from bleeding gums and one partner is HIV positive, there is a risk of the transference of HIV from one person to the other.
- Bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal fluids: The only way to prevent the transmission of the HIV virus from one partner to another while having intercourse is by using a condom. This creates a barrier between the bodily fluids of both partners and keeps them safe. A condom is needed even if the couple is engaging in anal sex. In fact when comparing anal and vaginal intercourse; anal sex puts HIV negative partners at a higher risk of getting in contact the virus than vaginal sex. Theoretically, this virus can be transmitted even through oral sex is a HIV positive man ejaculates into the woman's mouth. However, this is a rare occurrence.
- From a mother to an unborn child: A HIV positive mother can transmit the virus to her child when pregnant, at birth or while breastfeeding. However, if the mother follows HIV treatment, the chances of her passing on this virus to her child are significantly lowered.
The above are the only three ways HIV can be transferred from one person to another. HIV cannot be transmitted by sharing utensils, drinking the same water, through mosquito bites or by shaking hands etc. Thus, there is no reason to ostracize an HIV infected person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
A man's drive for intimacy is essential in his mind. Two zones of the cerebrum, the cerebral cortex and limbic system, are imperative to a man's sex drive and execution. They're so critical, truth be told, that a man can have a climax basically by contemplating a sexual ordeal.
The cerebral cortex is basically the grey matter that makes up the external layer of the brain. It's the piece of your cerebrum that is in charge of higher capacities, for example, sensation, movement, and consideration. This incorporates thinking about sex. When you get to be distinctly stimulated, signals that originate in the cerebral cortex, accelerate your heart rate and blood stream to your private parts. They also cause an erection.
Testosterone is the hormone most nearly connected with male sex drive. Created for the most part in the testes, testosterone has a critical part in various body capacities, including:
- Enlargement of male sex organs
- Development of body hair
- Bone mass and muscle advancement
- Deepening of the voice in adolescence
- Sperm generation
- Generation of red platelets
Testosterone levels have a tendency to be higher in the morning and lower during the evening. In a man's lifetime, his testosterone levels are at their most astounding in his late teenage years, after which they gradually start to decrease.
The phase of increasing hormones begins at some point around the age 12 and keeps going to ages 16 or 17. This is when young men encounter a tumultuous couple of years of physical and enthusiastic change, commenced by the hypothalamus. Among these progressions are:
- The scrotum and penis develop
- Sperm creation starts
- Erections and ejaculations happen
- Facial and body hair develop
- The larynx, likewise called the voice box, develops and causes the voice to lower
- The sex drive heightens
In spite of the fact that it no longer causes development of the sex organs, testosterone has a part in keeping up sex drive. Albeit unnoticeable, testosterone levels decay gradually after age 18 or somewhere around that age.
There's a ton of talk about sexual pinnacle, yet it's not measured in any reliable way. As far as testosterone levels are concerned, men crest in their late adolescents. It's additionally genuine that as testosterone levels decrease, it takes more time to get an erection. Furthermore, it takes longer after ejaculation before a man can accomplish an erection once more. In any case, the diminishment in testosterone isn't by and large quantifiable until age 30.