Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P S ThamanYour feedback matters!
What type of burn should be treated at home and when to hospitalise. We may not understand percentage but narrate the symptoms to know the status.
Im 23 years old male. Im suffering from right eye lower lid twitching from many days. It goes and comes. I also have pain on my temple and back of my head and the pain also spreads to the other eye and the whole face and also to the upper teeth. I have no vision problem. It feels like there is a tight band put around my head. I also feel dizzy due to this. But the headache is not continuous, it comes when I get this eye twitching, I also have a stiff neck. Im suffering from sinusitis. I was wondering if these symptoms are because of sinusitis. Please help.
I have heating problem since last 3-4 years I consulted it from many doctors but it never goes. I have sweating in normal condition.
I am diabetic patient, age 47 years, last month fasting 172, this month 142, I am using Ayurveda medicine, how to cure normal. V. SURYAPRAKASH. VISAKHAPATNAM.
I am a 20 years boy. I am suffering from severe headache for the last two weeks. But specialist said that nothing to worry. Can you please help me.
I think am having hemorrhoids because I sometimes lose blood with stool. I would like to know what kind of doctor I should consult and what I should eat n what to avoid.
I have problem with my ears. When I was taking bath I can't hear anything from outside. This problem will continue after the bath for 4 hours. This problem comes frequently. What I will do.
Sir I have premature ejaculation problem. My age 35 I am unmarried. please tell me allopathic medicine. I have masturbation in a week. And no other bad habits. Pl help me. Thank.
I am 27 M. When I do intercourse after a long gap (3—5) months, I got ejaculations very soon for 2-3 time sex. It it normal or any sexual problem. Please reply briefly.
My son who is 3 years old suffering from seizures, I wanted to know any first aid given to him immediately to stop the seizure. First aid taken at home.
I am suffering from itching in head, in hair roots of my head for last 2 years. I have shown this to allopathic, ayurvedic and homeopathic. But the itching is not going off. What should I do.
I am 20 years old female, I hv stomach ache problem since from 5 yrs, I have tried many home remedies bt it was better for that time, please suggest me a good medicine.
Sir I am 13 year old kid and at this age I am suffering from regular constipation. What should I do know sir please suggest some tips.
I have very less immunity in bed. What should I do for having longer pleasures. Should I start taking any medicine for that. If yes, please specify without side effects.
Constipation by itself is not a disease but it a condition in which your bowel movement is infrequent and the stools are hard and difficult to pass.
Constipation happens to most of us at one time or the other and then it goes away naturally. Chronic constipation is constipation which is long-term and it usually signals a deep-rooted medical problem which requires intervention.
Symptom of constipation
While fewer bowel movements is a foremost symptom of constipation, other common symptoms are-
- Trouble passing stools
- Pellet-like hard or small stools
- A sense of being full even after a bowel movement
- Flatulence, swollen belly
- Belly pain
- Throwing up
Medicines like antacids that contain calcium or aluminium
- Changes in your lifestyle and usual diet like travelling
- Having too much of dairy
- Colon cancer
- Eating disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS
- Neurological conditions like Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Inactive lifestyle
- Less water and fibre in diet
- Overusing laxatives
- Problems with the muscles and nerves in the digestive system
- Drugs like pain medications and narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills
What should you do?
Constipation can be handled by taking simple steps like:
- Drinking four extra glasses of water a day over your normal intake.
- Drinking warm water in the morning.
- Adding more fibre to your diet by eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Eating more bran cereal and brown rice.
- You can use a very mild over-the-counter stool softener and laxatives like magnesium hydroxide. But take care to not use them for more than two weeks at a time. If you don’t get any relief, it’s time to call your doctor.
- Constipation happens out of the blue and is not a new problem for you.
- You see blood in your stool.
- You are losing weight.
- You are experiencing severe pain during bowel movements.
- Your constipation is more than two weeks old.
- You are getting pencil-thin stools.
The following tests are recommended to unearth the reasons behind chronic constipation:
- Blood tests to check hormone levels
- Barium studies a kind of test which looks for blockages in your colon
- Colonoscopy which again looks for blockages in your colon
A type of constipation which is due to pelvic floor /outlet dysfunction. This may need biofeedback therapy. At times some kind of minor surgery
Constipation really is very amenable to diet and lifestyle changes. Eat a well-balanced diet and go for light, regular exercise to prevent chronic constipation. Also, drink two quarts of water every day to keep yourself regular.