Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P S Gudwani
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. P S GudwaniYour feedback matters!
I have ear problem and some sound like peeeeee is coming continuously and I do not have pain in it but that sound is so irritating.
Dear sir, I am 28 year's old. In full of my nose acne pimples having, these look like deeply hole and reddish color. I using derive cms gel, sepmax, isotroin 20mg. It's look ugly in my face. I really disappointed to this, so I need permanent solutions and how can I changed normal skin. Possible are not?
I always have a chest burning sensation. How to get relief from it? I also have pain in my left ear while it happen. Whether it is acidity or any other problem?
She had pain in throat since 3 DAYS not able to sleep well. Eat things. Difficulty in eating while swallowing. Plz.
Hi, I am 22 years old. Mostly I suffered in throat infections. It leads to cold and fever. What to do to prevent this throat pain? I have no problem in ear. But the sinusitis problem in nose slightly. Nasal bone slightly dislocated in right nose.
I am 26 years female and I have earlier about an year ago Sinus and tonsils problem. Had treatment and Yoga pranayamas at home and is cured for the time being. Consulted doctor repeatedly but haven't find any improvement. Recent about 2 weeks ago changed to another ENT Specialist and had CT Scan. The results said by Dr. are there is no sinus but as the bone which joins with nose iss crossed thus the pressure is applied to side nerves causing pain as migraine and on cheeks. Dr. informed as to go with medicines first if not for surgery for long last relief. Also I have Thyroid for the past 8 years and is now about 1.97 IU/ml and using 100mg from 3 months. Had second opinion too and said same thing to wait for few days. Problem here is when climate changes, I cannot breathe freely, have nose blocks at nights. And the problem will be solved till I use medicine or exercise, again it repeats same. Doest I really need to go for surgery or else I can be cured with medicine? And if the bone is crossed the pain has to appear at one side, but I have pain at cheeks, nose, above eyes and forehead. Please help me out. Thank you.
My left ear seems to be blocked. When I crunch my jaws it feels as it sounds like hollow. No itching, but it is serious when I sit or stand or lay straight but normal when I lay with head upwards on pillow. Please help.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly affected. Most of these infections are caused transmission through the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
- Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. The collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
- Redness and swelling of the eardrum: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
- Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear by a perforation that develops ear drum, which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
- The patient might also experience increased irritability.
- Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
- Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
- After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However, in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
- In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done. Treating nasal infections plays a very important part in preventing ear infections
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.