Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.S. AggrawalYour feedback matters!
How much fruits intake should be done per day Which fruits should be taken to complete deficiency of iron and calcium and vitamin D.
I am 24 year old, I got injured in my head 3 month before. now I have sometimes pain in my left side ear, what should I do? please reply my questions.
Hello sir/madam I am 21 years old boy. I burn my leg few days ago and I consult with doctor. He give me some medicine but I not recover let what I suppose to do? my leg is paining and my burnt was becoming dark. I want quick response from you please send me quick message for the solution for my burnt. I am thankful to you. I am waiting for you answer.
I get one sided neck pain and headache and get eye pain on the same side, each time I get pain on each side, for example, if I get pain on right side, right neck, right eye and right side of my head pains.
I'm not able to sleep since 4 days just because of server headache and I tried many tablets for that but no response for that tablets. How could I solve this problem? Will you help me please?
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Fecal Bad Breath, started in highschool. Now, 22 in last years of College. Been suffering for about 7 yrs. Took a lot of antibiotics during preteen and teen yrs. I Was treated for Hpylori and Acid Reflux in late teens but didn’t help with Fecal Bad Breath. My Fecal BB can fill up a room. The who farted comments, the it smells like shit, people opening windows, covering noses etc. I however never had Nasal BB or Body odor, it was only Fecal BB when I talked. I have pretty much spent the last years of my life not talking to people other than family. School has been very tough but I’m proud of myself for hanging in there. Nothing helped- I have tried it all- three, Therabreath, Tri oral, chlorophyll, etc You name it – I have tried it. My room is like a mini pharmacy. I have been treated for acid reflux, hpylori, and nothing helped. Other symptoms – Constant bloating and cramps, IBS – Heartburn, bad skin, burning sensation in stomach, white tongue and always a sore throat.
We have shifted from melbourne australia, to India permanently. We have 3 kids aged 8years daughter 6 years son and 4 years son. All vaccinations as per Australian strandads are done. What about here in India, do we have vaccinate for like TB and typhoid.
1. Obesity can triple the risk of heart disease.
2. 31% of indians are either overweight or obese.
3. Hypertension and stress, esp. From work, account for more than 50% of heart ailments.
4. 100 million people in india have high blood pressure.
5. Over 40% of urban indians have high lipid levels which are major risk factors for heart disease.
Please practice healthy lifestyle habits.
1. A strict no to smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs, hypertension, stress.
2. Eat low fat, low salt, high fiber diet.
3. Do physical activity.
Most people can not resist cocktail parties, obsession with shipping, sedentary living etc. Man needs to control his senses, freshen up his common sense and make life healthily convenient.