Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. P N SethYour feedback matters!
My throat is paining from last 2 days. And it pains whenever I eat something or drink cold. Water flows from the eyes. What should I do?
I am a male aged 21 and I am suffering from itchy scrotum for more than a week. I have tried several ointments like Boroline, neosporin, zole-f but still I didn't get any relief. Could you please help me.
Asthma is something which affects quite a large number of people. As a matter of fact, up to 20 percent of the population is affected by it. Isn’t it surprising that the ways to treat it are not so well known, taking into account how many people it affects? So, wouldn’t it be a great idea to learn more about it and learn to treat it in a pretty unique way?
When a person has asthma, the airways of the respiratory system become narrower than they usually are and this, in turn, leads to a shortage of breath. While many people would normally go to a conventional doctor in order to treat asthma, it may come as a rude shock to know that asthma is often triggered by reactions to conventional medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which are also known as NSAIDs. Things are not that straightforward, are they?
Ayurveda is a body of medicine which looks not at just patching up and fixing medical problems, but rather to maintain a high level of overall health. Considering this, it should not be much of a surprise to come to know that when it comes to the treatment of asthma, Ayurveda is not superficial like a lot of other methods of treatment. As a matter of fact, it not only looks at the respiratory system but also at the gastrointestinal system in order to provide a comprehensive solution for a patient who is affected by asthma.
According to Ayurveda, the body is divided into three doshas and in the case of asthma, it is the kappa dosha which is culpable. If the asthma is detected before too long, a fully effective treatment can be undertaken and the patient can be restored to his or her pre-asthma level. However, if there is a significant delay between the time that asthma sets in and its detection, only management is possible.
Foods which trigger asthma are to be avoided like the plague! Examples of these foods happen to be animal products and dairy products such as curd. In addition to this, bananas and sugary foods or sweets, including sugar, in itself, are to be avoided.
A paste of rock salt, mustard oil or clarified butter can help if it is rubbed on the chest. Medicines such as Sitopalaadi choorna are to be taken, with this specific medicine ingested with honey. Kapha kartari addresses the issues with the Kapha and with it, asthma should be on its way to becoming a minor problem pretty soon! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir, kuch samay se mujhe acidity ho Rahi he ab lagta hai acidity ke Karan mujhe Kafi khansi BHI hai yeh khansi sote samay jayada hoti hai Kya Karu which treatment is best for me.
I am a patient of ulcerative colitis for 3 years. In the middle it relapses. Now I am ok. What supplement tablet or food can be taken to delay relapse?
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I AM HAVING LOW HEAMAGLOBIN LEVEL 9.2 WHAT IS NATURAL FOOD WHICH INCREASE HB VERY FAST I GET MOTION LOOSE WITH IRON PREPARTION
I am 39 years old man suffering from type 2 diabetes last 4 years. I regularly take Metformin 500 mg twice daily and glimepiride 1mg once. Now my PP is 139. Please advice about my diet chart.
Hi Sir, I am having total bilirubin 2.8 mg for last 1.5 year. I have also reduced weight 10 kgs and sometimes feel tired. But there is no symptoms like yellow skin, eyes. Is it something to worry and what are are reason of this high bilirubin and how can I make it normal. Thanks!
Stiffness on right side. Stiff Jaw, right leg n hand. Numbness on right feet after getting up. Pain in left hand. Stiffness in neck too. Have tinnitus too in right ear.
I have constipation problem since 3-4 months. I have taken some ayurvedic medicines. But they are not much effective. What other medicines can I take? What should I take in diet? Is there any yoga or something?
I think i'm suffering from phimosis type one as my skin stretches properly but I am unable to get it back to the gland. Its also not painful but I think I have faced it recently.
Hello. I am having pain in my stomach. It starts from the centre and ends to the left side of my stomach. Sometimes I had vomit also. Is it stone pain or appendix pain?
As always I felt sleepy every time when I sit or do some work like study but when I am free I don't felt sleepy. What's the problem?
I am 18 years old and having a problem of migraine, sometime it goes worst and worst. What should I do.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain