Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.M.Singh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. P.M.SinghYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from shoulder (right) pain exactly in joint position only from a month. Could you please help me?
I have cervical pain problem in my shoulders. How to cure it and manage easy life and gain healthy lifestyle with activeness??
What is the treatment of cervical disc collapse (c5 c6 PIVD) Ayurveda. Can it place disc back to its original position or strengthen it to avoid future recurrence. What are the treatments available is it only restricted to oil massage treatments or we have beyond that. How long or sessions it takes for full recovery. Q2 Foods to be taken / avoided. Northern ayurveda people say avoid rice. Kerala ayurveda people say consume rice no issue. Kindly put some flash on this subject.
Rheumatoid arthritis an overview: Rheumatoid arthritis usually stiffens the smaller joints of a person's body. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very common phenomenon affecting millions across the world. It is characterized by severe symptoms like swelling of joints, stinging or throbbing pain, heat and burning sensation around the joints, excessive weakness and inflexibility after sitting for a long span of time. A problem such as this if left unattended can lead to inflammation of the salivary glands, tear glands and of the lining of your lungs. Homeopathy comes to your rescue without requiring you to deal with an array of side effects.
Homeopathic medications to deal with rheumatoid arthritis:
- Arnica is a sought after medication in every household: The Arnica plant has been used for its medicinal purposes for so many centuries now. Arnica is known for its efficacy in treating rheumatoid arthritis. A patient of arthritis could be suffering from inflammation of joints in his or her hands and legs; Arnica can be relied on for relief in such cases. This medicine helps to reduce pain that prevents you from getting a full night's sleep. That apart, it can also counter the effect of muscle cramps and muscle stiffening.
- Pulsatilla can be helpful for patients of arthritis: Pulsatilla can successfully control inflamed pain in several joints of your body. The kind of pain it defends your body from keeps shifting. A sudden stabbing ache might be felt in your wrist but the very next moment it could be in your elbow.
- Bryonia is effective in treating arthritis: An experienced homeopathic practitioner will advocate the use of this medicine if the patient shows signs of intolerance to warmth or hot weather. Bryonia comes to the aid of people with rheumatoid arthritis who experience alternate pangs of tearing and stitching pain. Patients say they feel slightly better when the painful side is in pressure or is being reclined on. Bryonia can fight swelling even in the serous membranes of your joints.
- Causticum can cure muscle weakness: It often happens that a patient of arthritis complains about frail muscle support. Standing upright after sitting at a stretch can make them feel wobbly in their joints. Muscle tendons may contract giving rise to deformities. Causticum successfully deals with all of these issues. A person diagnosed with fidgety nature, especially at night and known to feel burning in his or her ankles is mostly asked to take causticum.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.