Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P KumarYour feedback matters!
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
On my 3rd day of periods I was having a heavy flow n with blood some skinny thing came out skin n blood type thing so what was that please help me out.
How The 7 Chakras Influence Our Endocrinal System.
No matter how life started in our universe, ancient knowledge and modern quantum biology agree on this essential principle: matter does not generate mind or consciousness but quite the other way around. Consciousness manifests the physical form or matter. Life is a very personal experience to each one of us. Yet we all share its fundamental building blocks: our core energy centers, called chakras in Sanskrit. The word chakra means wheel or vortex. They are the junction points between matter and the mind, between our body and our consciousness.
They are seven main chakras, intersections of vital forces, swirling, expanding and contracting, as a column of 3D spheres of energy extending, in the middle of our body, from the base of our spine to the crown of our head. Chakras are the master programs running our emotional and physical lives, each one of them expressing different characteristics essentials to our growth and well being. Unsurprisingly the seven chakras interact with our body through the endocrine system (a seven gland system) which is one of the body’s main control mechanisms
. The following description provides more detail about the chakras, their location, the related glands and the characteristics they govern.
Crown chakra (Sahasrara, color violet): top of the head, pineal gland, spirituality and divine awareness.
Third eye chakra (Ajna, color indigo): between eyebrows, pituitary gland, intuition.
Throat chakra (Vishuddhi, color blue): throat area, thyroid, communication and self-expression.
Heart chakra (Anahata, color green): heart area, thymus, compassion, love, and healing.
Solar plexus chakra (Manipura, color yellow): navel area, pancreas, self will, self esteem, courage, and personal power.
Sacral chakra (Swadhisthana, color orange): genital area, ovaries, creativity, emotion and sensuality.
Root chakra (Muladhara, color red): base of the spine, gonads, safety and survival, sense of belonging.
When the flow of the subtle energy in one or more of the chakras becomes blocked, it affects our endocrine system, which produces the hormones that stimulate or inhibit physiological processes. And we may develop physical and mental illnesses. So when we look at it this way, we realize that a change in our consciousness does affect our physical body.
Biostress Imagery can attune, unblock and balance your chakras, providing emotional, physical and spiritual healing which ultimately leads to a stress-free total health.
My daughter of 10 years old has a cyst in the right ovary size. 3. 89cm x3. 01cm. It was before gall stone operation on 19/3/15. Usg done on dated 08/03/15. Is it curable in med or not. Give your opinion please.
I am 26 years old house wife I have a daughter of 20 months, I do breast feeding to her, My weight is 52 kg I want to gain my weight at least 8 kg to look healthy, kindly suggest me.
I am 22 years old female. I have missed my period. What can I do? Am I pregnant? If yes I want an abortion.
Depression is definitely something to do with the mind. However, it is important to realize that the brain does not work independently on its own. It still requires the energy that is supplied from the food that is consumed. It is also well known that most reactions in the brain are chemical reactions, be it happiness or sadness. The food that is consumed definitely has chemicals identified which can make the brain act in different ways. So, if the brain is feeling depressed, there are definitely some foods which can change that.
If you are someone who is feeling the blues and do not want to take a pill, try these happy foods which can definitely produce a change.
- Tomatoes: Bright red tomatoes look so good, they make you feel happy. However, they also contain lycopene, which is a phytonutrient that fights inflammation. Stress leads to constant inflammation in the body, and lycopene fights that. The smaller the tomato, the more benefit you have. The maximum benefit is from the skin, and so smaller ones are more useful with their better skin-to-fruit ratio.
- Bananas: Serotonin is one of the happy chemicals (neurotransmitter) that enhances mood. Bananas contain tryptophan which gets converted to serotonin in the body. No wonder that eating a banana makes one feel happy and carefree. If you have not observed, do so next time you eat a banana!
- Nuts: Some nuts can make you go nuts with laughter as they are rich in protein, a perfect snack, and refrain you from snacking on fried foods. What is lesser known is that they contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are proven to beat depression clinically. Vitamin E in them helps fight stress and inflammation, making it more beneficial.
- Oregano: This herb is full of health benefits. It contains caffeic acid and quercitin and rosmarinic acid, which are all proven to fight anxiety, fatigue, and sadness. What makes it more attractive is that is easy to grow, even in a pot on the kitchen window. Add it to your veggies and see your mood brighten up!!
- Chocolates: While biting into a chocolate leaves you grinning, there is a scientific reason for it. The bitter ones, especially, cause release of serotonin and anadamine, which make you feel happy and light. The darker the chocolate, more the happiness.
- Sweet potatoes: They are laden with carbohydrate and tryptophan, which as noted earlier helps fight depression. It also contains vitamin B6, a proven natural anti-depressant. Their rich content of magnesium and potassium also reduces stress.
Before reaching out for a pill to beat the blue, try these colorful food substances and see yourself feeling better and happy!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!