Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors I have undergone cervix stitch bcoz of internal Os opening and lil funneling please help me I underwent this stitch 1 week back I'm in complete bed rest I'm 23+3 week pregnant I don't want to lose this baby very slight pain in left belly tht is near pelvic bone I don't know what is happening to me please help me out and some sharp pain in vagina I'm fed up of this bed rest but also I vl continue is everything thing ok or what can funneling can be closed thru bed rest please help me.
Breast cancer is on the rise in india. Surveys show that every 4 out of 5 indian women suffer from an advanced stage of breast cancer by the time they get themselves examined at the hospital. Urban women are at two times more risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer than rural women. Being overweight, eating unhealthy food, and consuming excessive alcohol or tobacco are some of causes that can make you susceptible to this disease.
How you can avoid breast cancer by being aware.
- dimpling of the skin around the breast or a lump in the breast is the first sign that you should keep an eye out for.
- apart from self-examining your breasts every month for a lump, going for a mammography (an x-ray of the breast) is vital for early detection of the problem.
- consult a gynaecologist before going for the test as its frequency depends on your age and risk factor. About 80-90% of tumours can be traced through this screening.
Breast cancer may run in family. If there is no family history of breast cancer, you start doing mammogram at 40 yrs of age but if there is a family history you start even earlier as advised by your gynaecologist.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hi Dr. I m 30 yrs. My first child is 8 years n wen he born after 4 months I conceive so that I abort the child its tooo early. After dat last year I abort the child n nw in dec also I abort the child bt nw I feel guilt n Want to conceive as soon as so after how much time can I plan for baby. After 3 months can I try n can I conceive early please helpnw its too late. For me.
Respected all, I was of 5 weeks 4 days so to abort it I had took abortion pills mifepristone on 14 th march and later 48 hours I took mifepristone 4 pills on 16 th march and till the day 21 st march I was bleeding and stomach pain today mrng I.e on 21 st march I have checked prgency test once again and it show 2 lines I was confused I was not aborted still I am pregnant please help me present I don't need baby due to personal problems what should I do now and my normal date period Accra 7 days evru month so please help me how to complete abort of my baby.
I am 29 year old female, feeling weak and have lost my appetite. Having white discharge instead of period for last 2 weeks.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Mam I am 41 years old. Just got married and planning for a baby. Since 2-3 months I am having blimses on my cheek and nose. Please suggest some medicine for blimses and to conceive easily.
Hi Doctor. I'm going through a very stressful time and the last thing I need is my period. I'm on yaz and my withdrawal bleed started today. I was wondering, can I still skip my withdrawal bleed by going on with the active tablets without doing major harm to my body?
Yesterday night I had sex with my partner, and I didn't use any safety precautions and I saw some bleeding from my vagina. I am 100% sure it's not my periods. Also, as I said we didn't use any safety precautions, I have doubt about my pregnancy. Can you suggest me what steps should I take to abort this situation. I don't want to be pregnant right now. Also currently I am having Medicine for PCOD from last 1 month.
Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and we are trying for second children, so we consulting maternity doctor in my nearest area. They gave some test, check and prescribed some tablets, now we are taking regularly. Last we went for normal check-up and doctor prescribed the Duphaston tablet for my wife. Please tell me the Duphaston role and any side effect and its compulsory to take. Please advise.
Its personal actually I do not have much feelings while there I was in a relationship with my husband what is d reasons what should ido I am not able to share wid anyone. Pls guide nd anxious to conceive e.
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight:
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hello. I am pregnant from 8 weeks and I had very little vaginal bleeding 2 times since last 2 days but I have no backache or stomach pain. And I want to terminate the child so I am planning to take medicine. But is it safe to take medicine right now. What should I do?
I am pregnant since 5 month with twin babies. My gynecologist suggested me to take a stitches to avoid premature delivery. So I want to know that is it safe, should I care for anything before or after? Also guide me how much cost it takes. Please answer me, I am little worried about it.
I'm married for six months. Before ten days of getting my periods I will always have symptoms like stomach pain, pimple white discharge. After marriage if I get such symptoms I become worried that I can't get pregnant this month. Please tell me if I have such symptoms before periods. Is there any chance to get pregnant or chance to miss my periods. Please tell me.
Hi all, Thank you for your valuable time, everttime. One more question. The pill was taken on 29th of march (within 24 hours) and her periods are due for 10th of april she already had some white discharge and abdominal pain initially. So when can we expect the periods and how l9ng is it fine if delayed.
Cycling efficiently exercises the hips and legs the largest muscle group of the body helping reduce weight in those areas. Additionally aerobic activities are said to be great mood enhancers. It is ideal for both solitary and group interactions and people of all ages and fitness levels can ride a cycle. Even those too young to pedal can reap the benefits of fresh air and unfold scenery from a bike seat or a trailer