Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Kalra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P KalraYour feedback matters!
Saffron is widely used not only for its taste and aroma but for its health benefits as follows:
1. Active components in saffron acts as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. Is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
3. Is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
4. Is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
5. Is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer?s disease, pain, heartburn & dry skin.
6. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps & premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) & infertility.
7. Is also used to increase interest in sex & to induce sweating.
8. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
9. Is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
10. It can be mixed with licorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.
I’m 25 weeks pregnant, I have low lying placenta Previa. Is there any way for a normal delivery or any way to move the placenta up.
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The color, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Color, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the color of your urine:
- Straw color to transparent yellow color: This urine color signifies that your body is healthy and perfectly hydrated. This should be the normal color of urine, which shows you are in good health.
- Transparent or clear: Transparent and extra clear urine indicates that you have drunk too much water, which leads to the transparent appearance. It happens due to overhydration.
- Dark yellow color: This shade of urine is considered normal, but it may indicate some amount of dehydration. You need to drink more water to eliminate the darker yellowish tinge from your urine.
- Honey color: Urine of honey color signifies dehydration and you must consume increased amounts of water.
- Pink or red color: Your urine may have a pinkish red shade when you consume foods like carrots, beets, blackberries and rhubarb. This may also happen due to the effect of some antibiotics or a drug which treats urinary tract infections. The presence of blood in your urine is indicated by these colors too, and it can lead to kidney diseases, UTI, prostate problems or tumors.
- Orange color: Your urine may have an orange color which resembles the color of orange soft drinks. This occurs as a result of high dose of vitamins and several antibiotics. This color may also indicate dehydration or problems related to the kidney or bile duct.
- Blue or green color: Such shades may be present in your urine because of dyes present in food items and medications. Your urine may turn blue or green, signifying several other medical conditions which require immediate medical attention.
- Foamy: If your urine has a foamy appearance, irrespective of the color and shade, you need to consult a doctor. Consistent foamy or frothy appearance of your urine may indicate the presence of protein in your urine, which further signifies problems in the kidneys.
- Maple syrup color: Urine of this shade indicates a severe case of dehydration or liver diseases
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its color, odor and density. The color is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
PCOS is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of appearance. It can also affect long term health.
1. Irregular periods or no periods at all
2. Difficulty becoming pregnant (reduced fertility)
3. Having more facial or body hair than is usual for you (hirsutism)
4. Being overweight, rapid increase in weight, difficulty losing weight
5. Oily skin, acne
6. Depression and mood swings
The cause of PCOS is not yet known. PCOS sometimes runs in families. If any of your relatives (mother, sister or aunts) are affected with PCOS, your own risk of developing PCOS is increased. The symptoms of PCOS are related to abnormal hormone levels. Hormones are chemical messengers which control body functions. Insulin is a hormone which regulates the level of glucose (a type of sugar) in the blood.
If you have PCOS, your body may not respond to the hormone insulin (known as insulin resistance, so the level of glucose is higher). To prevent the glucose levels becoming higher, your body produces more insulin. High levels of insulin can lead to weight gain, irregular periods, infertility and higher levels of testosterone.
This disorder affects the function of the ovaries, which produce eggs and the hormones oestrogen and progesterone. As the ovaries aren't working properly, eggs may not be released in a regular monthly cycle.
Taking care of a newborn is indeed difficult; you need to be alert all the time. In the first few months, the baby needs more care than anything else. You have to sacrifice your sleep over your child to just make sure that the cotton ball like an infant is all right. Though the first few weeks and the months seem chaotic for the first-time parents, the happiness and the joy of being a parent overrides the pain.
As a first-time parent, you need to understand a few things which are crucial for you as well as your baby and here are seven tips for the first-time parents.
#1. Your Health Is Baby’s Wealth
As your baby will feed on you for the first few months, you need to hone your health first. Maybe this tip seems little off track. However, the fact that if you don’t eat properly or you have nutrients deficit in your body you can’t provide the required nutrition to the little one justifies the point. Keep your blood sugar under control, maintain a proper diet with a maximum quantity of vitamins, proteins and minimum amount of salt in it.
#2. Consult Your Doctor And Prepare For Breastfeeding
The primary way to deliver the nutrients and food to your baby is breastfeeding. The doctor recommends breastfeeding till the baby is six months old and in those six months, you shouldn’t use artificial baby food. Consult with your gynecologist and child specialist when you should start breastfeeding and how many times a day you can feed your baby. Doctors will also guide you in producing the maximum amount of milk for your baby.
#3. Wiping It Out
No, you don’t need to buy the costly wipes when your baby in just feeding on your milk. Rather it is better to wipe the little creature with damp cotton or soft cloth. It is more suitable for the newborn as the chances of having rashes are quite low.
#4. Sterilize It All
Yes, you need to keep the germs and the bacteria away from your child, and the best way to do that is to clean all the products that you use on your baby. It might be just a spoon or the feeding bottle or the items with which your child plays.
#5. Diaper For Long Sleep
Choose the diaper wisely for the baby. For long sleep like in the night, you need to use the maxi diapers so that neither your child nor you have to wake up in between your sleep and change it.
#6. Don’t Panic
Babies need to cry, don’t panic every time! This is the way they connect and communicate so stop bothering yourself thinking what you are doing wrong.
#7. Love and Care
The last but the most important tip is that you need to care for your baby which you would obviously do. But don’t become an overprotective parent, let the child grow according to the nature rules. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 32 years 5 month pregnant n often stomach pain y Dr. All say for heat n my blood is less what food to have for both dr.
I am a 29 years lady and I have white discharge problem and backache problem from past 8 months what should I do?
Humne 10 din pahle unprotected sex kiya tha. Uska period aane ka time aa gaya hai aur 2-3 jyada ho gaya hai But period nhi start hua. please help urgent.
While taking ayurvedic medicine for pcod can I eat lemon doctor said to avoid intercourse ,ginger garlic and onion why.
I have irregular periods m breastfeeding a 2 years old baby I have a kidney stone m having some bumps inside my vagina which is painless but when I insert my finger in there it burns .I also have white milky vaginal discharge but no periods .what should I do I suffer with allot of pelvic and back pain and it's very severe I had done a sonography 3 months back for the same problem my uterus should normal ovaries showed normal it just showed the kidney stone m worried about those bumps in vagina pls help me with some medication to regulate my periods and to stop the pelvic pain my delivery was done by C-section and the pain is near the section area and my entire back pains pls help me I hope I don't have cancer.
My wife's right ovary 3.6x3.5x2 cm= 13. 6 cc Left ovary 4.7x3.7x2. 2 cm=20. 2 cc is this both ovary are normal and if not then what have to do and my wife is having pain in vagina became more sometimes. So please give some tips for it.
Am in 39 weeks of pregnancy. My baby scan report says, placenta is anterior upper segment with grade 2 maturity with spine at eight side and heart beat 132 bpm during 32 weeks. I just want to know that what is the gender of my baby. Pls tell.
5 Amazing health benefits of a hot shower
A shower’s called a hot shower when it has the temperature of 35◦- 40◦ Celsius. Staying under hot water for about 5-10 minutes is all you need to do to reap these benefits of a hot water shower.
1. Hot shower makes your pores clean and fresh
A hot shower can open up your skin pores and release the impurities that clog them. Clogged pores can give rise to a number of skin problems like blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads, and acne. So, bathe in hot water to help prevent these skin conditions.
2. It produces Heat Shock Proteins
Having hot showers everyday causes your body to produce more heat shock proteins (HSP). These are a group of proteins produced by cells in your body in response to any stressful condition (such as exposure to heat or cold, UV light and so on). They have the power to repair damaged proteins (the building blocks of body cells), which are harmed on exposure to UV rays and oxygen, and are responsible for keeping you healthy.
3. It provides respite from muscular ache
The warmth from the hot water works by stimulating the healing process of your body, while reducing inflammation. Furthermore, heat is important for any kind of metabolic reaction to take place. By applying heat to your muscles, you end up accelerating the recovery process of your muscles and release the tension that gets build up in these parts of the body. Usually, spending 5 minutes under a hot shower is enough to get respite from muscular aches and pains.
4. It reduces stress and insomnia
Bathing in hot water can also bring about a decrease in insomnia and stress. Spending 10 minutes under a hot shower can soothe your body, mind as well as nerves.
5. It prepares your body for a workout session at the gym
Taking a hot shower is a simple and easy way to warm up before starting your morning workout session. When you wake up in the morning after a long night’s sleep, your muscles are usually stiff. A hot water bath can loosen stiff muscles, and increase your blood flow, warming you up perfectly before you start exercising.
I had sex with my lover on 4th of last month. She miss her period on 15th. She show all pregnancy symptoms ,expect vomiting. So v did a urine pregnancy test. It show negative. 17 days passed no sign of period but she is saying he got pregnant, she can feels that change in her body.In this jan 1st. (After 17th day of period miss) she got bleeding. Actually she got pregnant or. Due to yeast infection in vagina nd the medicine she taken makes the period delay. Can any doctor can clarify my doubt?
Liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery that removes excess fat from some parts of the body to improve your overall body contour. Essentially, this cosmetic procedure involves insertion of small, thin but blunt-shaped needles under the skin in those areas that have excess fat. Fat is then suctioned out through these needles by moving them from one place to another under the skin. Also called as “lipo”, this type of cosmetic surgery addresses the following body parts;
- Hips and buttocks
- Fat located on abdomen and waist
- Fat on the upper arms
- Fat on neck, chin and cheek area
- Fat deposited on the back, inner knee, chest, calves and ankles
Liposuction can be performed along with other cosmetic surgeries such as facelift, breast reduction, tummy tuck etc. Please note that liposuction cannot be used to reduce obesity, diabetes and other weight-related disorders.
Types of Liposuction
In recent years, this surgical procedure has been made less painful by developing newer techniques. These are:
- Tumescent Liposuction- This involves applying a local anesthetic on the area where the procedure has to be done. A combination of chemicals e.g. lidocaine and epinephrine is then inserted under the skin. This numbs the precise area where liposuction will be done.
- Ultrasound liposuction: This procedure involves melting of the undesired fat by ultrasound. This form of liposuction is suited for fat deposited on the neck, upper abdomen, sides and the back area.
- Laser liposuction: Low-energy waves are sent under the skin to liquefy the fat that is later removed through the cannulas.
Liposuction is not an elaborate procedure and does not require overnight hospitalization most cases. The patient is administered a local anesthetic so that she does not experience any pain. Overnight hospitalisation may be required if the volume of fat to be removed is large.
Post this surgery, expect your body to swell. The parts of your body where liposuction has been carried out will display swellings, bruises etc. You may even experience pain in those areas. To alleviate discomfort, patients are wrapped up in bandages, support hoses, girdles etc. Some patients may report fluids oozing from the areas affected by liposuction. To prevent infection, doctors prescribe antibiotics to such patients.
Swelling and bruises may continue for the next 7- 10 days post this surgery. Patients may have to wear the bandages, girdles, wraps etc. for the next 3-4 days.
Liposuction results in a better shape if the volume of fat removed is small. If the patient regains weight after liposuction, fat reappears in those areas which have not been treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!