Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P KalraYour feedback matters!
Period nhi aa rhe hai Female, 23 Good morning madam have sex with our fiancee with precautions. His period date is 5.5.2017. I have check 3 times pregnancy test with pregnancy stick the result are same three times negative. So please help me what can I do? Our marriage in Feb 2018.
Am recently married girl. We r not trying to conceive now. I have never experienced any irregular period before marriage. But now my period was irregular in a month after marriage. It came in 15 days. And one month it is there for 3 days and the next 6 days with less flow. Now my problem is I got brown discharge at early morning alone for 3 days on my 18th days after period. What is this due to?
My wife had a baby boy after a caesarean surgery. The cause was not opening the uterus and low amniotic fluid. Would again it will be Operation.PLease tell.
I had intercourse with my husband on 5 day of my periods that is on 12 january and it was without any protection so I had taken a I pill as we are not planning for a baby and on 17 january a little bleeding occurred. I am feeling dizzy and a little weak and had headache also. Please tell me are there any chance of pregnancy.
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
7pregnancy tst but after 2months late my period came and it last 3days, very light flow. After I got my period 12days ago I cramped and got brown discharge. Am I pregnant or not?
My vagina smells but doesn't itch me, please what's the cause of this and I'm always experiencing pain during sex with my fiancée, Definitely not my first time. First time was 6 months ago, pls what's happening? Is this Normal?
I am a 27 year old lady. I have hypothyroid and pcos since 2010. I am taking a 50mg tablet for thyriod along ith a 5 mg folic acid tablet daily since 2010 and my thyroid remains in the range of 3.5 to 4.5 in the tsh test. Now I have been married since the past 2.5 years and I wish to get preagnant. What precautions or treatment should I do to ensure a safe preagnancy? will pcos hinder my getting preagnant? is there any teratment for pcos?
Is bleeding necessary after taking ipill? I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex on 2nd day of my period end. Took ipill within 24 hrs. And again had sex on8th day of my period end. Again had ipill immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy. I am very tensed.
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving.
Iam female, 26 yrs. I have a issue about menses, ie since 3 months I am getting 1week advance period and bleeding also only one or two days flowing. This happens when I got medicine to avoid period. Is it effect to my period. Or any other. Pls give suggestion.
My wife is carrying now just 7 weeks over. She is getting white discharges. For that what we need to do? Then for me feeling sexy mood with my wife. Now we can get in contact is right or wrong. In which position we can do?
Hello, I am a 21 years old. My menstruation cycle is not regular and severe problem acidity what should I do?
During sex for the first time I got lot of pain when the hymen break it bleed too. So how I should handle this pain coz again I am gonna have sex with my boyfriend.
I am 29 year old and I am due by 4 days for my periods. I got beta hcg done which is <1.20. I wanted to know wht shid I do.
I am 32years old married male my wife had medical abortion using pills unwanted kit. Now its 1 year can we try to have kid now. Will this medical abortion cause any problems. Its already year last april we had medical abortion. Please help me is it ok to try for baby now. Will there be any problems. Once we tried this month when we had sex the sperm came out is this a problem. Or its natural some sperm to come out please let me know we are worried about it. As we want a baby now.
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.