Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. K SinghalYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter is 85 days old and she doing vomit after giving any medicine. How I can give her drops like folicin or drops for cough.
My daughter 5 year old having stomach pain in every morning can you suggest please what can be a cause for the same and remedy.
My 7months daughter is not at all taking my breastmilk whenever m giving her she is cryng n kicking my breast. I tried to express milk in bowl and feed her but I really want some trick so that she can suck back n take my breast by her mouth so please somebody help me giving a trick how to make her take my breast in her mouth and suck my milk happily without cryng.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it daily. Is there any way to get rid of that. I am loosing my weight. How to overcome this problem.
Hello, Mera baby ko vomit hua two times. Uske baad still usko vomit jesa hota rehta hai. Jese hi use vomit sa hota hai main usko shoulder se laga deti hu. N tap krti hu uski back ko toh thodi der mai normal ho jata hai. I don't know ki kya hua hai use. Jab use bottle feed karati hu toh bht pblm se feed karta hai. Like bottle muh se nikal deta hai. Or breast feeding mai b ye hi pblm hai. please help.
Sir, my son is 13 months old, he weighs only 6.40 kg. Am so worried about his health. At birth he was only 1.75 kg. Now he got chest infection and wbc count is so high. We are giving antibiotic to him. He didn't eat much food. Beast feeding is there,. Please tell me how to make him more healthy. Thank you.
My 2 year baby is very thin. She is just 9. 2 kgs (her birth weight is 2. 75) she will not like to have any food but very active - please suggest me I am very much worried to see her thin legs:(
How many days mother feeding continue, for the child age now 6 month plus, drinking water should we introduced in this age?
My nephew 1 month 12 days old. He is suffering from rubella syndrome. Heart eye and ear effected. Your advice in this regard is highly applicable.
My sister in law hair fall happens very frequently. She gave birth to a baby 3 months back. Pls suggest how she should stop her hair fall. Thank you in advance.
Sir my daughter was 3 months old. Due to some infection in the lungs. She was not take breathing properly. She is in hospital from born. And on the oxygen. doctor said from bhopal that there was no solution for this. Only oxygen is the solution. Pls help me sir. I am very for you.
My son is 5 year old and after every 10 days he has cold. But its not running. I can hear/ feel the chest congestion and phelgum cause of that he sleeps with open mouth. Also 1 more issue I saw grey hair in his head which is quite surprising for me and worrisome too. Please suggest.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.