Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.K Gupta
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I'm 30 yrs. I have 1.6 months old baby, from last few months I have heavy body aches and tiredness also every now and then I get itching and rashes on my face and some times pain in my abdomen, specially when I control my urine after my sleep in the morning or If I sleep at one side straight, lift or right .all my reports were normal (thyroid, stools and scanning) last month I had done my vitD test and as per d report the internist said I have very less vitD (13.9)and prescribed me vitaD 50000 and calcium tab, I feel little better these days but not completely, I still have pain in my baby. Is this normal or do I have to consult the doctor again if yes then which specialists should I consult please suggest me. Also prescribe the medication.
Dear sir/madam I have been experiencing a wide fluctuation in my weight in a very less time (i.e 2-3 days. At present my weight is 59.5 but my weight 2 days before is 51.5.this weight fluctuation is experienced 2-3 times in last 1 month. There is no intake of drugs of any kind and there is no symptoms of any kind of edema. No other symptoms are seen. What would be the cause of this.
I am getting pimples on my chins and I am getting rashes on my back and after applying lemon, they got reduced but those scar's didn't go away and they seem black. How do we get rid of those scars and black spot on the pimples and reduce the black spots along with scars and the skin to be fair? What to do to have clear skin? Without pimples and scars?
If you have taken the big decision to go ahead with bariatric surgery, one thing you need to prepare for well in advance is the additional effort that is required after the surgery to ensure it is a success. The results will be evident only after a few months post the surgery. This period requires your constant attention.
Listed below are some after-care measures that are essential for the success of a bariatric surgery.
- Hospital stay: Most patients are advised hospital stay for four days, during which the hospital staff will ensure the sleeve is working fine. No food is allowed for 48 hours. Diet is gradually advanced from water to clear liquids, about 50 ml to 100 ml and then to 150 ml.
- Wound care: Depending on whether a laparoscopic or open surgery was done, the number and location of incisions will vary. However, the wound should be maintained clean and it should be ensured that there is no infection of the site. Wound care should be done by the nursing staff if required. Suture removal, if required, should be done as per doctor’s advice.
- Pain management: Finish the course of antibiotics and pain killers to ensure infection is completely gone. Pain would continue, if the infection is not completely controlled.
- Diet: The first two weeks would be a completely liquid diet. The next two weeks will consist of a pureed diet. After these four weeks, solid foods will be introduced.
Foods to avoid after a bariatric surgery include anything with a higher protein content and anything that has too much oil as the stomach’s ability to digest these is reduced. Refrain from:
- Carbonated beverages
- Hard meat
- Nuts and seeds
- Fried foods
Food items to include post bariatric surgery include those which are easy on the stomach, including:
- Liquids such as soups, broth, juice and milk
- Pureed cooked vegetables and eggs
- Soft mashed food including meat and vegetables
Adherence to this will reduce complications. While eating, the patient should also remember to chew nicely, eat and drink slowly, increase water intake throughout the day, and avoid fats and sugar. It is advisable to eat three proper meals a day and avoid snacking during the day.
Remember that the need for bariatric surgery arose in the first place due to uncontrolled eating of oily food. After undergoing a bariatric surgery, diet pattern is definitely going to move to a healthier side with reduced fat and sugars. It is not an easy shift, but definitely required, if the surgery is to be a success. Imagine the new you and you will be able to do it! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!