Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. P.K DaveYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old, I drive bike a lot, getting back and neck ache extremely. What can be done? I can't stop driving?
Hi Sir, Mera question ye h ki mera hath bachapan me hi tut gya tha or aaj mai 15 saal ho gye or mera hath acha se hadi nahi set ki us me durd nahi hota h kuch problem nahi h sir main difference me jana chahta hu kra mera oppration kar k hath ko sidha kiya ja sak ta h or kitna karch lagega.
Hi, I am from Chennai working as a software professional I had a problem from my back since last 2 month I had done checkup but nothing get any result please let me know what would be the problem ?
I am 28 years old. I am having a shop in my city of household appliances. I am having very severe pain in my left thigh due to the cooker fallen on it. I am not able to wake also. Now what can I do to make it proper?
When I wake up in the morning I am unable to stand properly because of pain on my legs, and while running fast same problem arises?
I am a having back pain. I fallen apart last night from my staircase. I realised pain in the morning. I know whats goin on with my back. But I just want to know is there is something wrong with my back. Let me know soon.
Hello dr! meri mother ko ghutno me dard bana reheta hai, pure leg me blood ki badi badi gathan ban jati h, unki age 52 hai, koi thandi chiz chawal ya kuch nhi khati hai. Please tell me homeopathy solution.
I had high viral fever with acute joint pain I was hospitalised for 6 days n now I have pain in my feet and legs. I am not able to walk properly It is already 15 days.
I have leg pain for many days and consult with many doctors but no medicine work please give advice what to do?
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.