Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P. ChhatreeYour feedback matters!
My baby's genital area turned red and paediatrician said it was diaper rash. He prescribed Mintonia syrup 2.5 ml daily and Candiderma + cream to be applied after each urine. He is 7 months old. Is it safe to take these medicines?
I got recently married. I am suffering urinal infection after the sex. please give me suggestions. Tanq.
I am 23 years old women. Due to abdominal pain I consult a doctor. After urine test doctor said that you have urine infection. The result contain ep cell 30-40 pus cell 8-10 rbc 1-2.what is the condition? doctor gave tablet for infection. Now I feel a pain on left and right side upper abdomen when I stand from bent. And also my menses is not occurred. What is the reason?
Why one should not stop his breath while urinating? Like start breathing or hold? What happens in both the cases?
I have pain in stomach and urinal areas. Stone smaller size in urinal areas. Give me solutions to not occur stone in urinal area and kidney.
Does consumption of isotretinoin (Accutane) increase temporary diabetes? I have give up taking isotretinoin from past one month but I need to go to toilet for urination? What to do?
When we talk about health, the kidneys are rarely spoken of. These unsung heroes are responsible for filtering waste out of our bodies and ensuring that only clean blood flows through our system. The kidneys are a pair of small, bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. Along with removing waste from the blood, the kidneys also balance electrolytes and control the fluid balance in the body. Thus, keeping the kidneys healthy is as important as keeping the heart and lungs healthy.
Kidney stones are the most common condition that can affect these organs. Other conditions that can affect the kidneys include inflammation of the kidneys, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome and cysts. Thankfully, keeping the kidneys healthy is easy. Here are a few things you can do to improve the health of your kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to kidney health. Ideally, a person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps control the production of aldosterone- a hormone that regulates blood pressure- by the adrenal glands and helps the kidneys retain enough water and sodium to balance blood volume levels. If the kidneys do not get enough water, the adrenal glands are stressed into increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit consumption of caffeine: We drink caffeine in many ways- sodas, coffee, tea etc. While caffeine may act as a stimulant and keep you focused on what you are doing in the short run, in the long run, it dehydrates the body. Dehydration can also lead to the formation of kidney stones. Hence reduce your caffeine intake and instead drink more water and fresh juices.
- Quit smoking: Smoking not only affects the lungs but also damages blood vessels thus decreasing blood flow to the kidneys thus preventing the optimal functioning of the kidneys. Smoking can also increase one’s risk of suffering from renal cancer.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise benefits all parts of your body including the kidneys. Regular exercise reduces blood pressure and helps keep the blood moving. This can help prevent kidney diseases and a number of other conditions. Ideally, aim for half an hours exercise a day at the least.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits like grapes, apples and blueberries and vegetables like spinach, beets, garlic and red bell peppers help improve kidney functioning. Women should also include oestrogen boosting foods like chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes, cherries and carrots in their diet to protect themselves against kidney damage and fibrosis. Foods that are low in gluten, sugar and soy also help reduce the risk of kidney inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Meri age 25 year ki hai mujhe bathroom karne me jalan si hoti hai pani pine se thoda kam ho jata hai but thodi der baad fir se jalan hone lagati hai kya karu please aur ye problem kyo ho jati hai please advise.
For the last 2 months I have suffering from urine problem day time its fine however at night before bed I go 10 20 times for urination. After I always urge to go again like I have few drops left. Kindly give me the solution. All test done no discrepancy as of now. I take chandraprabhavati every day.
I am 36 years male. I am getting pain while urinating and getting pain on pelvic area. And getting back pain. After I did complete urine analysis and urine culture. Renal profile test normal. Complete urine analysis all normal even leukocytes and nitrate all normal. Urine culture is positive. What should I do. Pls advise me.
Sir at age of 15 I had a operation on urinary bladder. Now I am 20 years .i am going to gym past 15 days. So some pain will coming on top of urinary bladder. So I continue gym. Or stop the gym.
I am having frequent urination during night especially within 1 or 2 hour after drinking water. Am I having any problem in body?
I am aged 50. I am a vegetarian. Recently, I checked normal yearly routine check up. My creatinine level is 1.4 and urea is 20. Dr. Says that it is a border line. Hence, need not worry much. U can control it naturally by avoiding salt and taking coriander, green tea, fresh fruits and veggies. Is that ok? Or will I have take serious and go for further tests.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are home remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.