Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P. ChhatreeYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have one little sister. She is 22 yrs old. Bt still she having bed wetting problem. She is not ready to go to clinic or hospital for check or talking with doctors. Her bed wetting problem is nt normal, she does it like baby. Is this serious problem? please give me suggestions or any solution?
My frd is having kidney pain but we had a commitment now I want to give a urine test but if I give a urine test will any one come to know whether I have used condoms in urine test please answer me soon.
My ovulation day was 26august and we had an intercourse till now im facing often urination continuous headache and feeling tired sleepy and lil bloating have not done any test yet. Very confused.
Hi, my mom is suffering from kidney problem from about 7 years and now her consulting doctor recommended dialysis, but we don't want to go for that yet as it have to be continue for lifetime once started. Her current Urea level is 125 and Creatinine is 7.5, please suggest if there could any alternate option available, even if Ayurvedic can do something.
Hy. My urine passes white like something I don't know what's tht in all time pls tll me something for rid get this.
I am 75 years old. At times when I feel like passing Urine, my urethra becomes like a small balloon.
I am getting toilet 4 to 5 times a day. After ate food, I have to go for toilet after 1 hour (approx. M getting week day by day and wait lose .my hb is 10 gm .please give me best solution.
I have stone in my both kidneys. Before 7 years. I got operation 5 years ago. But knw is same problem. I have stone in my both kidneys again. So what can I do. Please give me suggetion.
I have frequent urination problem, I went for lab test for kidney stone , there is no problem in it still I have to go at least every 40 minutes in day and 2-3 times sometime 5 times at night which some times cause premature ejaculation also.
I have urinary tract infections recurrently. I did a test which showed e.coli growth'about a year ago. Now again I have same type of infection. Pain during urination. Frequent urination. Smelly urine. What should I do now?
I have stones in both kidney size of 11mm max and 6 mm min totally 4.2 in both kidney please suggest shall I go for operation or medicines.
I don't know why I need to washroom for toilet 3-4times in an hour? But even I don't drink much water. And main think is my urine doesn't come at ones I need to go again and again.
The urine was stored for 3-4hours then it was checked by prega news first one line appear after 10mins 2line appear what does it means?
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.