Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Chattree
Submit a review for Dr. P. ChattreeYour feedback matters!
My son who is now 6 and half years since more than two years once or twice a year he has 100 per cent blood in urine. When we give him water within an hour it will come to normal .We experienced when he has taken less water it happens. We have done all the related test and even genetic test. But all the reports are normal. Even yesterday he started having blood in urine but stop within 1 hour by drinking water. Please advise us what may be the causes and its prevention. Till now nothing can be diagnosed.
I am having kidney stones in my both kidneys. In right kidney there is only one stone of 3-4 mm in size whereas in left side stone is between kidney and bladder of 6.5 mm, doctor recommended me to go for surgery but I want to know is there is a possibility of removing stones by medicines not by operation.
I am having 5 stones in my kidney 3, 4.7, 8.7, 5.4mm. What precaution can I take? Can I send it out without pain?
I am 62 year old and have urine infection since last two days, One week before I got Viral Fever, taken Mox 500 Mg for 5 days (3 x1) and Taken Haldi two times a day half tea spoon for Cough and I am ok except Urine. Kindly advice what is to be taken now,
Good afternoon Doctor! I'm 16 years old. I have insignificant renal stones with cystitis. Can I play football with this?
The kidneys filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It causes the urine to get highly saturated. The solid depositions then turn into stone like formations, also termed as renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination and discomfort during urination, presence of blood in the urine, are some major signs of kidney stones.
Kidney stones can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet with sufficient nutrients:
- Calcium and oxalate-rich food should be consumed together. This leads to the binding of calcium and oxalate together in the stomach intestines, before they can be processed in the kidneys. This helps to control the formation of calcium and oxalate depositions in the kidneys.
- Do not cut down on calcium. Since most of the kidney stones are found to be calcium depositions, many people tend to cut down on their calcium intake. It is important to continue with food that is rich in calcium such as milk. However, it is necessary to reduce intake of other calcium supplements. Decrease in calcium can lead to degeneration and deformation in bones and muscles.
- Too much of red meat consumption and high fat dairy products can lead to the formation of stones in the kidneys. Animal protein is rich in purine that increases uric acid, saturating the urine and creating stones. It is important to balance your diet by including lots of green vegetables, whole grains, fibres, fruits and low-fat dairy products. Opt for non-animal protein such as lentils or legumes.
- Cut down on sugary and aerated drinks. They contribute to the formation of depositions due to their high and unhealthy levels of fructose and preservatives.
- Reduce or abstain from alcohol. Alcohol is known for its multiple disadvantages to the human body. It has also been found to increase the levels of uric acid in blood.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink adequate quantity of water throughout the day, preferably 3 litres or more depending on your physical activities. It prevents the solidification of the depositions and helps to eliminate wastes smoothly.
- Increase the intake of anti-oxidants in the form of green tea, dark chocolates and fruits.
- Lower the intake of salt.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!