Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. C.Prasad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. C.PrasadYour feedback matters!
Skin problem-means the face becoming black. Total face is becoming like that and also becoming black near eyes also. Pls can you get any medicine to improve face glow and remove blackness.
Suggest me any oil clear face wash or cream name .form few days I am use nivea oil control face use .and also suggest me one gel to reduce dark spot .or I am continue with Mederma.
Hi Doctor, my age is 25 and my doubt is I have a marks and spots on my face, so please can you suggest any kind of ointments or soap, so that it can be unseen from my face.?
My skin is very much oily and after few minutes when I wash my face it get very much oily what should I do to get rid of oil and back of oily face I look quit bark skin but when I eat elevo tablet thn I looked fair now I am not eating it how can I look fair please suggest t solution for oily and fair skin and also I don't want to eat to much of tablets.
Similar to blackheads are whiteheads, which develop on our skin. Both blackheads and whiteheads are caused due to clogged pores. However, as opposed to blackheads, whiteheads cannot be extracted by squeezing. Whiteheads are a form of acne that is referred to as closed comedo. They appear on the skin as small round white or light-coloured bumps. When excess oil is secreted in the skin, dead skin cells clog the pore area and block the pore opening, whiteheads are formed. Unlike blackheads that keep the pore open, whiteheads, on the other hand, block the pores.
Causes of whiteheads
Clogged pores are the prime reason that causes whiteheads, and they can occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Excessive oil secretion or sebum
- Hormonal changes occurring due to puberty, pregnancy, and menstruation
- Birth control pills
- Sweating and humidity
- Use of certain cosmetics or products that are harmful
- Eating excessive oily or greasy foods
- Genetic predisposition
Treatment of whiteheads
Over-the-counter (OTC) creams or prescribed medications by a dermatologist are the ideal treatments for whiteheads. Self-care and some preventive measures will also keep them at bay. OTC creams that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol or sulphur may be helpful. With extreme conditions, oral medications like isotretinoin, or Accutane may be prescribed, but these come with potential side effects.
Practising some of the following preventive self-care measures will prevent formation of whiteheads:
Wash your skin twice daily with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Don’t squeeze pimples.
- Practice caution while shaving.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Use oil-free skin products.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Opt for non-comedogenic or non-pore-clogging products.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing made of non-synthetic fabrics to let your skin breathe.
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Use fragrance-free water-based emollient for dry skin.
- Continue your skincare regimen.
Here are some remedies you can try to get rid of whiteheads:
- Baking soda scrub: Make a homemade scrub mixing one tsp. of baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Scrub it into the problem area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and astringent that eradicates all impurities, which clog the pores. It also balances the oil production in the skin.
- Tea tree oil: Dab a cotton swab with tea tree oil and apply it on the whiteheads to prevent bacterial infection.
The above are just some measures to avoid whiteheads. If the problem persists, then it's time to seek medical assistance and schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to eradicate these pesky whiteheads.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!