Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. C.PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have an black face and I want to make my skin white so what should I have to do to get the white face.
I am married since 9months and was suffering from PCOS, and had allopathy medicines. Now I am having facial hair growth. I have sensitive skin also. Pls advise what to do for facial hair. Jow to ride it off for ever.
Anyone on here have chronic prostatitis. Iv'e dealt with mine for 6 years now. It's debilitating! Not sure if it came from infected bladder stones or unprotected sex.
I am a student and whenever my body temperature increases for various reasons (like going into sun, eating hot food, bathing with hot water) I get itchy sensation. After few minutes it becomes very high that I can't even tolerate and my skin becomes red. All this happens in only winters. In summer i am normal. Asked many doctors took some medi action but result is not satisfactory. Kindly help thank you.
In this week I noticed on my forehead have white pached skin and it is right cheek also and its grow to my face fast . It is round and dry .so I would ask to what is that thing and how to prevent it.
Sir good afternoon my name is bhagya 47 years I am having black patches on my nose and cheek from many years please give me any solution and which soap I have to use and which creams are good for this black patches.
I am 24 years female I was using lookbrite cream for my pigmentation around my lips and nose area but it was OK when I stop after 10-15 days it horribly reverse and my lip and nose area are all dark please help to get rid of my pigmentation than after I use vitamin e oil capsule on skin but I am allergic to that as well because it give me a face full of acne and red skin.
I am a 24 yr old male and I drink plenty of water daily, but still I frequently develop acne's and pimples (2-3 at once) on my face, especially on both the cheeks. Since last 5-6 years the acne's come and go. And I also have a lot of marks (like dents) on my face. Please suggest some remedy to overcome this problem.
Causes For Skin Damage:
1. Lack of hydration
3. Sun damage
4. Lack of exercise
5. Bad eating habits
Feed your skin the right food and it will respond with that lovely look you want :)
How to get healthy skin:
1. Minimal makeup: Ladies, can you please minimize makeup usage? It is really not necessary to always use a blush, concealer, foundation, mousse or whatever it is. It may add a fine coating to your skin making it glowing skin, but what about your real skin? Is it really glowing? No matter how expensive the brand is, it damages your skin to a large extent. We are not asking you to throw them off your shelf; keep those away for special days. The rest of the days, tone and moisturize your skin, use sunscreen. Let your skin breathe.
2. Face cleansing: This has been told by all beauty experts umpteen times when asked how to maintain healthy skin. Even if you are too tired after a long party, cleanse all dirt and makeup from your skin. Your face needs to be cleared of all the chemicals in makeup. The makeup acts as a tight mask on your face keeping your facial pores clogged. If you go to bed with all these makeup on, you’ll wake up the next morning with a huge embarrassing pimple.
3. Slather on sunscreen: Sunscreen is a must for your skin. The rays of the sun are harmful beyond thoughts. Skin cancer, premature aging, skin rashes all of these are caused when your skin gets too much exposure to the sun without any protection.
4. Exfoliating face: All the healthy skin tips for women say that you should exfoliate your face at least twice a week. Scrubbing your face will rid your facial skin of all the dead cells that might have clogged your pored leading to acne breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads. Scrubbing your face will also improve your complexion, adds a glow to your skin and also clears your skin of all toxins. Don’t keep your skin scrubbing daily, it will make your skin look even drier.
5. Moisturize: Yes, other than keeping yourself internally hydrated, also use a good moisturizer to feed your skin. Moisturizers do not add a great deal of moisture by themselves but they lock in the present moisture and are hence essential to keep your skin hydrated. After a bath, make it a routine to moisturize your face daily to keep it hydrated.
6. Water: Water forms the major portion of our body. It is recommended to drink 10 - 15 glasses of water everyday to keep you healthy and free from aliments. Drink enough water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated. Do not allow your skin to feel thirsty. For a soft, supple and dewy look, water is a must. Follow this diet regime for a healthy skin and cut down on all fried and unhealthy fatty foods. Following are the benefits of water therapy : a) permanent glow b) removes toxic material and c) keeps your skin and body hydrated.
7. Eat proper food to get healthy skin: Food provides life to your skin. Everything you eat in your everyday life contributes to a healthy skin. Only that you have to cut out on some and add some more:
a. Vitamin C rich foods: Have fruits and veggies rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C manufactures collagen that is responsible for the firmness of your skin. So you quite well understand that lack of vitamin C in your diet will lead to the formation of wrinkles at an early age. Vitamin C is also an anti-oxidant that prevents collagen damage. High vitamin C foods include bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas, and papayas.
b. Vitamin A: Who doesn’t want a smooth complexion? We all do, but for that we don’t need to spend thousands of bucks when we have the solution in our refrigerator. All red, orange and green leafy veggies are rich sources of beta-carotene (a form of Vitamin A). It is necessary for cell formation and therefore your skin surface stays smooth and touchable. Carotenoids also protect skin from sun. Turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, squash all of these are rich sources of Vit A.
c. Healthy fats: Nuts are fatty and are not good for health; that is a misconception. Of course nuts are fatty, but they are filled with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This falls under that healthy category of fats that is essential for us. Have a handful of almonds and walnuts daily for a supple looking clear skin. Flax seeds are another good option to consume omega-3 fats. If you are a non-vegetarian, have salmon atleast twice a week. This fish is also rich in omega-3 fats.The oil you cook your food in should also be taken care of. Switch over to olive oil which is a rich source of mono-unsaturated fats.
d. Tomatoes: Tomatoes doesn’t need a very special mention when it comes to healthy facial skin. They contain a magical ingredient called lypocene which is an anti-oxidant that helps fight old age. It can keep your skin at bay from all old age signs like wrinkles, dark spots and patches or saggy skin.
e. Zinc and iron: Eggs, lean meat, oysters and cereals supply a good mount of zinc and iron to your body that imparts that much wanted celeb like glow. Zinc helps in cell production and natural weariness of dead cells giving your face a fresh look. Iron is needed to carry oxygen through the body that gives a blushy glow to your face.
f. Fibers: If you are the one suffering from acne often, its time you think of including fiber-rich foods in your diet. One of the reasons for acne breakouts is indigestion. And the best solution discovered so far to improve your digestive system is having foods rich in fiber. Having whole-grain breads, brown rice, apples, bananas, oatmeal are proved solution to minimize acne.
Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don't. Sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time:
Do: Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors - For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Don't: DON'T buy sunscreens with ridiculously high SPFs - SPF means the number of times the skin will be protected against the minimal damage to skin by UV rays. SPF of 30 and above is good for Indian skin. Sunscreen should have broad spectrum coverage to protect against UVA UVB and visible spectrum. Sunscreens with an SPF of 100 can cost about twice as much as the same brand with an SPF of 30, but it doesn't provide three times the protection. SPF 30 blocks about 97% of harmful UV rays, while SPF 100 blocks 99%. While it is a difference, it might not be enough to warrant the extra cost.
Do: Use sunscreen every day of the year - The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Do: Test a small amount of the product on yourself before application - Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand.
In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Don't: Forget to reapply - Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Don't: Apply sunscreen only on the face - Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.