Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Archana Rao
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P Archana RaoYour feedback matters!
Excellent Doctor, Recommended for all prospective parents looking for family planning and extension.
Is syphilis curable? If a person is suffering from syphilis what precautions or habit need to be done? Please help.
I am 33 years I have 2 sons age is 5 an 3. Know we are planing 4r 3rd, frm last 2 months am not conceivng my husband know went to gulf country know he vill come in July only for 3 days. So what should I do for my pregnancy?
I indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration, my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4 days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative and on 3rd March also which is negative. Sometimes white thick discharge is there .when will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test? What should I do? Any medicine or treatment for regulating period? Suggest some home remedies for period.
Hi I am 19 weeks pregnant, I got 101. 2 degree fever 2 days back my doctor suggested me to take dolo650 and other to tabs now m feeling quite better. But want to know will my baby will get effected or will my baby will get any health defects.
Hello doc, I am going for a7 days trip of leh ladakh with my husband on Saturday. Doc pls suggest some medicines which I should keep with us.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I m married but separated from last 8 yrs, doesnt have any physical relation with any one, now a day i feel very tired my age is 38 can it affect on my health
I am 27 years old and female. I have 2 years baby. I have done abortions for 2 times. I become so weak. What shall I have to do? I have stomach pain and urine infection.
Hi my breast milk is not increasing from the last 2 months due to which I am unable to feed property though doctor prescribed Nestle milk for her to feed her daily. So kindly advise how to increase breast milk naturally as I don't want to feed Nestle milk.
Hello doctor! I am 27 years old female. I got married on 6th dec 2014. I am suffering from pcos. I have always experienced delay in my periods before marriage. Bt after my marriage my periods were normal for 2 months,that time me and my husband were not staying together. But after i came to stay with him,my periods got delayed again. The date was 7th but still my periods did'nt come. I did a pregnancy test twice which was negative. We are not planning for a baby now,may be after 2 years. Will i face any difficulty in conceiving? Please tell me if i am suffering from some serious problem? Is Pcos curable? My husband is not aware about my pcos and i am worried if he will come to know then he may think that why i did not tell him about this disease before marriage! Help!
I am 28 years old married. Me and wife are trying for a baby. Whenever we do the intercourse, y sperms are coming out of the vagina? And no pregnancy signs even after that. However it is normal that sperms are coming out. Then why my wife getting pregnant? What needs to be done? please suggest.
Sir/mam I am a patient of hepatitis b and m newly married sir/ mam I use condom during sex but now I want a child so can you please suggest me how can I get child without infected my wife and child from hepatitis b virus.
I am 29 recently married about 7 months we both mingle daily, but then still no such results, weather we have to consult any doctor for this.
1. Open all windows in the house and allow fresh air and sunshine to enter the house. Free flowing air and sun are negative energy removers.
2. Dispose of all the old unwanted things lying in the house. Clutter is a negativity magnet. It attracts and accumulates negative energy in the house.
3. Walking barefoot in the house helps all your negative energy to be absorbed by the earth. Grounding is important to keep the energy balance in our body.
4. In the olden days, foot wear were kept out of the house. People used to enter the house only after washing feet with water. This action ensures that all the negativity remains outside or are grounded by earth and does not enter the house. Now it has become difficult to keep the footwear outside. So preferably remove them near the entrance door.
5. Go out in the open air. Take walks in the garden or open ground. Being amongst nature re-energizes or charges you fully.
6. Sweeping the floor also ensures that the negative energies are shaken and moved out with the dirt.
7. Rock salt is another negativity remover. Wash or mop your floor with a fistful rock salt in a bucket of water. This ensures that every nook and corner of the house is rid of negative energy.
8. Rotted plants or trees around your house or society also ensures more positive energy in the house and area.
9. Bathing or soaking your legs and hands in rock salt water once in a while removes the negativity attached to your body and cleanse your aura.
10. Repetition of prayers, increases the positive vibrations in the house. 100%
11. Keep your thoughts, action and speech positive. Negative thoughts will bring in negative vibes. So avoid all negative thoughts, speech and actions.
12. Keep your house well lit and illuminated. Light removes negativity.
13. Keep faith in god and in yourself.
You are the creator of your own destiny by the choices you make.
I had sex on 12 day after my period nd hen took unwanted 72 within 24 hrs bt I started regestrone also nd thn leave it after 4 days bt nw its 4th day I am nt getting my periods. Am I pregnant?
How do you suppose to sit?
Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don't reach the floor.
Don't cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How you should stand properly?
Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
Keep your knees slightly bent.
Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
Tuck your stomach in.
Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side.
Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time.
What is the proper lying position?
Find the mattress that is right for you. While a firm mattress is generally recommended, some people find that softer mattresses reduce their back pain. Your comfort is important.
Sleep with a pillow. Special pillows are available to help with postural problems resulting from a poor sleeping position.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping on your side or back is more often helpful for back pain. If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, keep a pillow under your knees.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.