Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Omkar Singh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Omkar SinghYour feedback matters!
Hallo sir I'm 27. Have 1 2 year old baba. 4 year I have marriage. Main issue I have very low sex desire.
Sir mai sex krte samay jaldi hi viryapat ho jata hai. Mai mental problem ho rhi hai. Kya koi ayurvedic remedies hai. Mujhe penis erectile bhi hai please suggest me better sollution.
Is it swallowing a semen of HIV infected person is of high risk or low risk Do juices in stomach can inactive HIV when we swallow it please give me some advice about swallowing? What happens by swallowing.
My digestive system is not working well. I have to go 2 times toilet in a day. Sometimes constipation problem. What should I do?
Sleep Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms. There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Persons with such disorder experience sleeping or napping more than usual during the day, have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night and wake up often during the night.
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24 hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- Hypnotherapy is the most important managing tool/therapy.
- Stress and its management through psychotherapy is one of the most important management tools.
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
- Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
- The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day.
- Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to see your doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.