Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Om Prakash Singh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Om Prakash SinghYour feedback matters!
I am feeling little pain in chest at left side. While breathing in, it feels more from last 7-8 days. I also felt this kind of pain once or twice last year.
Sir, my age is 23. I am suffering with piles. Its hurting day by day. Please suggest me a safe method to get rid of it.
Can sugar free gold (artificial sweetener) be used instead of sugar to prevent diabetes. I'm now in pre diabetic condition. Thanks in advance.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have cough congestion and chest pain since last 3 days. Kindly suggest me home remedy and tablets.
Please guide effects of eating apple with milk and Effects of eating banana with milk Is it fat to eat both.?
I'm 24 years old, I hav masturbate with my penis 2 years ago bt nightfall sperm problem is happening to me in sleeping time. How is it happen? How it will be stop? Suggest me.
I am 24 years of age I am not able to remove sperm while masturbating for sperm analysiswhat to do for sperm analysis then.
In spite of adequate sunshine throughout the year, deficiency of Vitamin D has become common in India. And, a deficiency in Vitamin D is believed to be a risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin which performs various vital functions such as keeping up the health of bones and joints and assisting the immune system of the body. It plays a critical role in the metabolism of calcium, and the lack of this vitamin can lead to a series of diseases such as cancer, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular complications.
How is Vitamin D related to diabetes?
Vitamin D aids in improving the body's sensitivity to insulin, which is a hormone meant for regulating blood sugar levels. Thus, this vitamin can reduce the risk of insulin resistance which is often considered a warning sign of type 2 diabetes.
Some experts believe that Vitamin D can regulate the production of insulin in the pancreas. Moreover, it has other health benefits too that can have an impact on the regulation of blood sugar levels. Some of the benefits include:
- Assisting weight loss- One of the major risk factors for diabetes is obesity. Many studies indicate that having adequate levels of Vitamin D can help in reducing the parathyroid hormone levels, which can promote weight loss and reduce the risk of obesity.
- Regulating appetite- Vitamin D can raise the level of hormone Leptin, which is responsible for controlling the fat storage in the body. It helps in triggering the sensation of satiety which would make you eat less thereby lowering hunger levels.
- Reducing fat around the visceral organs- When there are adequate levels of Vitamin D, it can help in lowering the levels of cortisol which is a stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands. This hormone is responsible for performing many important functions including regulating blood pressure. When the cortisol level is under control, it helps in reducing the abdominal or visceral fat which is detrimental to health and has an adverse effect on type 2 diabetes.
Where can you get vitamin D from?
Vitamin D is found in some food items such as healthy fats and sea fish. It is also produced by the body when our skin comes in contact with the UV-B rays of the sun as the cholesterol derivative is converted into Vitamin D. You will be surprised to know that every cell and tissue present in the body acts as a Vitamin D protein receptor.
There are two forms of Vitamin D- Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3. D3 is synthesized by the human body when the sun rays fall on the skin. This form is 300% more potent than D2, which is the plant-synthesized form that is available as supplements.
If you are at risk of vitamin D deficiency, better bask in the sun for 10 - 15 minutes every day, or start taking supplements as advised by your doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!