Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Om Arya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Om AryaYour feedback matters!
Sir. Bone and joints ko strong krne ke liye kaun si tablet jyada achi hogi? Jisse ki bone and svi joints majbut ho jaye. Meri age 23 h.
Hi i am Suffering from diabetes it increase please help how to low the diabetes level Doctor Give me reply. Thnkyou.
Hi I got so much blood n pus pimple on my cheek now it is spreading to another cheek bcoz of that may both cheeks swallowed n painful. I took ithia 500 tablets. please help me.
Sir, I'm severely suffering from headache from one week, and also suffering from motions, please help me.
She took an I pill after a sexual intercourse. And its been over a week her periods hasn't been started! And she is having severe stomach pain. From last three days. She is just 20 years old!
I have a very important presentation to give in office on this Wednesday. From all my previous experiences I am pretty sure I will have an anxiety attack for sure. This presentation is very important for my career and I cannot afford to mess this one up. I read on net about beta blockers that help suppress anxiety in such stressful situations. There's this medicine by the name of Atenolol available in india. You think it can be of help? What dosage of it should I take? Please reply soon. As this is urgent.
Hey Dr. In last few years there are small small mass of skin coming on my shoulders and neck region. This in hinder are call mass. There are about 5-6 on the neck area and a few on shoulder. Why is this happening and what's the treatment?
A lot of people suggest taking folic acid supplements to expecting mothers for a healthy pregnancy. But why? Why is folic acid that important? What is so ideal about folic acid supplements? Yeah, a lot of questions are bound to pop up. This article will explain the entire deal about this particular acid and why it is that important.
Folic acid is the synthetic form of vitamin B called Folate and it plays an essential role in the production of red blood cells, the formation of the neural tube of the baby, development of the spinal cord. Here is a list of benefits of Folic acid
- Folic acid, as discussed, helps in preventing neural tube defects.
- Serious birth defects like Spina bifida and anencephaly can be prevented if you take folic acid regularly.
- Other defects like cleft palate or cleft lip have also seen to be prevented when mothers have taken proper doses of folic acid.
- Certain types of heart defects can also be avoided.
- A serious blood pressure disorder called preeclampsia affects a lot of pregnant women but folic acid intake can help in the prevention of such a condition.
- Folic acid helps in prevention of anaemia
- The production, function and repair of a normal DNA also require intake of folic acid.
- Folic acid also enables rapid cell growth, therefore, rapid growth of the developing baby.
Now, these neural defects can occur at a very young stage, even before the proper development of the foetus. Hence, it is suggested that to be mothers start taking folic acid right from the beginning. Experts usually recommend about 400 micrograms of folic acid every day in the beginning, when one is trying to get pregnant. However, even during pregnancy crossing the level of 1000 micrograms per day is to be avoided.
Where can you get folic acid from?
Fortified cereals are usually the best food sources of folic acid. Natural folic acid can also be found in naturally dark green vegetables and in various kinds of citrus fruits. Folic acid supplements are also available. Other food sources of folic acid include-
There are certain situations in which one might require extra folic acid, the reasons might be
- If the mother is overweight.
- If the mother has been pregnant previously
- If the mother is carrying twins.
- Women with a genetic variation of MTHFR in which the body has difficulty in processing folic acid. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.