Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. O.P. Chadha
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. O.P. ChadhaYour feedback matters!
I am pratik. I am 25 years old. I am facing problem of inner thigh infection from 2 years. Also I developed a patch near my nose from 4 months. I tried all but its not working. I tried allopathy, homeopathy and ayurved .but nothing worked. I took heavy medicines of allopathy. But nothing worked. Can you give me a permanent solution for it.
I have few pimples and its black spots on my face and few pimples on my back so how can I remove them.
I am fully tired of trying open pores on my nose, tried lot of home remedies, not working please help me.
I have some skin problems. Is that some kind of infection? I feel itchy all over my body. When there is some temperature difference in weather. Help me.
How to get the recovering from the effect of the black marks that is caused due to sting of the some ants. And which cream to be applied to get recover from the black marks Please help me.
I am a 67 year old woman and for the last two years have had dark patches of pigmentation on my temples, chin and part of the forehead. I have consulted several dermatologists. Some have treated me for melisma, some have treated me with fractional laser and some have treated me for LPP. All of these have had only temporary and minimal results. I lead a more or less public life and this makes me very self conscious.
My age is 18 after some months I am bride. I want to look fair please suggest me. And for dark circles 2. I hope it will work on my face by suggest yur tips. please suggest me as early as possible.
I have weak rectum due to this I can not sit. Even on laying the intestine is strained. doctors advised first to pelvic exercises. I am doing exercise from last two months but there is no improvement. I want to know if the operation of rectum is successful or I should exercise for few more months. please give me advice.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation-
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.