Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. O P Chadda
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. O P ChaddaYour feedback matters!
I am 71 yr old male. Developed sudden fungus/ringworm type rash in groin ares. Look very red. Was itchy, now no itch as have been using ointment zole. But area yet looks angry.Blood and urine reports ok.
Sir, madam Meri umr 26 he Mera penis tight nhi hota jisse me apni wife se sex nahi kr paata or urine bar bar ata he please help me sir.
I am sahil chandel my grandmother was also has the problem of polycystik kidney disease so as my father. I want to know that I am a gymer I gym and exercise everyday is it good if I take whey protein?
I sometimes get pain in my heart and I have been struggling with this from a long time I want to know why and how it happens and what I will do when it starts again.
My penis size is 19 cm in length and 7 cm in width during erect stage. It is 13 cm in length and 5 cm in width during flaccid stage. I am really happy in my sexual life. My use to ejaculate within 7 to 8 minutes. During sex, I use to stretch my partner legs and I will insert my penis. Is that correct or, she should sit on me and jump on me? Which is medically correct. I have asked in many of my queries that I need to how to self exam my penis. I requested to say that elaborately step by step. But no one is saying me and I don't know why they are hesitated to say that. I am sexually healthy. But for my self satisfaction I wanted to know whether my penis is fit in all. Pls say me step by step.
I want to know about the dengue disease, how can generate dengue mosquito, I know this type of mosquito adis mosquito?
Sir. By birth I have only one kidney. Pls suggest me some tips for my kidney care. Can I do walking. Yoga. Can I drink green tea. Trifala churns. Sprouts.
I have an erection dysfunction and the erection is completely absent. I don't smoke and I don't drink. Im having food on time but still I cannot have an erection, completely absent what kind of injection medication can I take.
My fasting blood sugar level is 100 (glucose meter). If I take 1 date, 3/4 almonds, few raisins as dietary fiber regularly - should it increase my sugar level?
I have low blood pressure problem. Feeling weakness. What diet or medicine I should take to feel good?
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.