Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NydhehiYour feedback matters!
By seeing itc branding their ashirwad atta, I suggested my mother to make daily breads(roti) from multi grain flour. Is there any disadvantages/side effects of this and waht should be proportion of each grains?
Is there any change of pregnancy post withdrawal bleeding (bleed just 1 day) after having contraceptive pill.
Hello doctor My sister got married last year and she is not able to conceive yet all the test are normal. But before marriage she has gone through hsg. Now what is the cause of late pregnancy. Please reply.
My gf is having scanty bleeding and her periods are late but she is having scanty bleeding. We have done prega pregnancy test and it showed negative. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
I am 21 year old girl. Till now I had my regular periods but this month I am getting it twice. I just wanna make sure that is this normal or a big issue.
I had lump on 6th of Aug Upto negative on 16 Sept Usg reveals left ovarian hypoechoic cyst measuring about 5 cm with increased endometrial thickness Dr. prescribed duphaston for three days And advice to repeat upto after few days Is it a pregnancy or a delayed period because of ovarian cyst.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.