Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nupur SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old female with recently discovered pcod and have no symptoms other than missed period for 2 months. Apart from this I have severe pain in my leg or both legs at night which makes it very hard for me to sleep. Thr pain is painful and it is like headache. Ive suffered from no injury whatsoever in my life and indulge in no sports or any hard vigorous exercise which can leave an impact. My mother who is 45 also suffers from leg ache apart from me. Please help me. WhT could be the reason for this.
I am 22 years old girl. I am suffering from pcos, thyroid, hair loss in scalp like hair thinning. My weight is 85kg. I used to follow diet.
My wife is 31 weeks pregnant. Last few days she is having cough and cold. How to treat this. Will it affect the baby?
My wife have some time problem of white water flow at the urinal place will you please tell me what is its causes as well as it will be effect in future when she will be pregnant?
Health benefits of fresh bael juice prepared at home in summers
1. Heart diseases:
Mix the juice of ripe bael fruit with some ghee. Include this mixture in your daily diet to prevent heart-related diseases like heart strokes and attacks. This can reduce blood glucose levels by nearly 54%.
2. Gastroprotection properties:
This magical juice can cure gastric ulcers that are caused due to the imbalance of mucosa levels or oxidative stress in gastric tract. The phenolic compounds present in this juice are filled with antioxidants to reduce gastric ulcers.
3. Cholesterol control:
Bael juice helps in cholesterol control and also reduces blood cholesterol levels. Bael juice controls triglycerides, serum and tissue lipid profiles.
4. Antimicrobial properties:
Bael juice has antimicrobial properties. The extracted juice is used to control fungal and viral infections. They have antimicrobial properties since the juice contains cumin aldehyde and eugenol in it.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties:
Bael juice contains anti-inflammatory properties that are used to reduce histamine-induced contractions. This also gives positive results to relax and sooth inflamed organs.
Bael fruit juice is best-consumed remedy to reduce constipation and stomach pain. This contains laxative properties to clean and tone the intestines. Drinking this regularly for 2-3 months will reduce sub-chronic constipation. You can mix this with sugar and drink twice a day to ease stomach pain for kids. Add some black pepper and salt to the juice to remove toxins from the intestines.
7. Dysentery and diarrhoea:
In Ayurveda, this is said to cure diarrhoea and dysentery without fever. You can also mix it with jaggery or sugar.
Drink bael fruit juice with honey to cure acidity. You can also apply this on your tongue to cure mouth ulcers. Drink bael juice before lunch or dinner to reduce heat and thirst from the body. This can be the best drink during the scorching
9 Respiratory problems:
The juice of bael fruit can cure respiratory problems such as asthma or cold. This also gives resistance to cold.
10 Control diabetes:
Bael juice contains laxatives that are helpful to control the blood sugar levels. It stimulates the pancreas and helps them in enough production of insulin that controls sugar level in the blood.
Nothing can be more gratifying than welcoming your bundle of joy into this world. Care needs to be taken during pregnancy to ensure that the developing foetus is healthy. Many pregnant women suffer from Thyroid problems. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) is an important hormone produced by the Pituitary gland. TSH regulates the production and action of the Thyroid Hormones (T3 and T4). Estrogen and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin also affects the production of the thyroid hormones. Abnormal level of thyroid hormones in the body can result in Hyperthyroidism (increased production of thyroid hormones) or Hypothyroidism (decreased production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland). These conditions, if left untreated, can prove to be fatal for the mother and the baby.
Hyperthyroidism is greatly affected by an autoimmune disease, the Graves disease. The Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI), produced during Graves disease, interferes with the production of the thyroid hormones. The TSI mimics the TSH to a great extent. This triggers the thyroid gland to produce the thyroid hormones in excess. A woman with hyperthyroidism may complain of increased heart rate, fatigue and increased blood pressure. There may be heat intolerance, tremor, sudden weight loss and Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Untreated Hyperthyroidism can result in heart ailments, premature child birth, foetal Tachycardia, Preeclampsia (a pregnancy complication characterised by an abnormal rise in blood pressure) and miscarriage. In case of foetal and neonatal Hyperthyroidism, there is low birth weight, heart ailments, irritability and poor brain development.
Blood tests, whereby the levels of T3, T4, TSH and TSI are examined, can help in the diagnosis of Hyperthyroidism. Women with Graves disease should be extra careful. Antithyroid drugs can provide great relief. Most antithyroid drugs successfully cross the placenta and effectively regulate the production of the foetal thyroid hormone. Propylthiouracil (PTU) and Methimazole are effective anti-thyroid drugs.
Most doctors recommend Methimazole during the first trimester and PTU during the last two trimesters.
In case of Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto disease is the main wrecker in chief. This autoimmune disease results in considerable decrease in the production of thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism can also be aggravated by Thyroidectomy (surgical removal of thyroid gland). Like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism during pregnancy can result in serious health complications. There may be stillbirths, congestive heart failure, miscarriage, anaemia, poor brain development of the newborn and Preeclampsia. Symptoms like cold intolerance, muscle cramps, concentration problems, fatigue or constipation should not be taken lightly.
Blood tests (T4 and TSH) go a long way to detect Hypothyroidism. A synthetic Thyroid hormone, Thyroxine, is effectively used to treat hypothyroidism. Including iodine supplements in your diet prove to be helpful in hyperthyroidism treatment.
Thyroid problems, though serious, can be successfully treated. A little alertness during pregnancy can shield both the mother and the newborn from the harmful consequences.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.