Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nupur Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nupur SharmaYour feedback matters!
I had mc on 8 june and its bleeding alot. Its clotted type bleeding. Am I having any disease? How can it be cure.
During pregnancy, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism become very common. The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland that is situated in the anterior portion of the neck. Its function is to produce hormones that regulate the body’s metabolism, weight, temperature of the body and the nervous system.
If you experience thyroid complications during pregnancy, you will require medical attention. In some cases, pregnancy may cause you to experience symptoms that are similar to hypothyroidism (low production of the thyroid hormone). Thus, if you exhibit symptoms such as weight loss, vomiting and frequent palpitations, do not let them go untreated.
If the thyroid problems are left untreated, they may lead to premature birth; carry risks of miscarriage, low birth weight and high blood pressure problems.
In case of hyperthyroidism (excessive secretion of the thyroid hormone), the symptoms are unexplained nervousness, irregular heartbeat, slight tremors and nausea. For hypothyroidism (low secretion of the hormone), the symptoms are weight gain, constipation, muscle cramps and an inability to focus on anything.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the body produces an antibody that stimulates the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones. Hypothyroidism occurs when the immune system of the body starts to attack the thyroid gland, thus causing it to scale down on its hormone production.
If you are suffering from hyperthyroidism, then an anti- thyroid medication is prescribed that helps to limit the production of excess hormones. If this does not work, then surgery may be required to remove the thyroid gland.
In case of hypothyroidism, a synthetic hormone is administered that helps in boosting hormone production. The dosage of the hormone is fixed according to the needs of the body so that it does not interfere with other functions of the body. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Every woman has a unique system, especially when it comes to matters like menstrual cycles and pregnancy. There are some women who go through normal bleeding while for others, it may be less than ideal. Also, there are women who may experience a condition known as Menorrhagia which is characterised by excessively heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. Cramping and bleeding for longer than a week are the most common symptoms of this condition. Here are ways to treat this condition.
- Basis of Treatment: The main cause will dictate the basis of treatment for this condition. Your overall medical history and state of health will be taken into account along with the future of your childbearing plans. The gynaecologist will also study the effect of this condition on your lifestyle and examine your tolerance towards certain supplements and medicines.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe iron supplements in case of anaemia due to the condition. Further, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be prescribed too. Oral contraceptives and progesterone are also helpful in such cases while Tranexamic acid can reduce the excessive blood loss. The doctor may also insert an intrauterine device to release levonorgestrel to make the uterine lining thin.
- Dilation and Curettage: The doctor will dilate or open up your cervix in this procedure to suction away tissue from the uterine lining. One may need additional sessions if the condition recurs.
- Focused Ultrasound Ablation: This procedure aims at treating the excessive bleeding by shrinking the fibroids that may be causing the same. This is also similar to a procedure known as uterine artery embolisation which blocks the uterine arteries in order to shrink these fibroids.
- Myomectomy: In this procedure, the doctor will surgically extract those fibroids which are causing the excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure is conducted either through laparoscopy or incisions in the vagina and cervix, depending on the size, location and number of fibroids.
- Endometrial Ablation: Using this procedure, the doctor will permanently do away with the lining of the uterus, which is also known as the endometrium. This will be done by inserting an electrosurgical wire loop to remove the lining. Pregnancy is usually not recommended after this surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that is recommended for very severe cases. In this procedure, the doctor will surgically remove the uterus as well as the cervix. This is a permanent procedure that will put an end to the menstrual periods altogether. The procedure will be conducted by administering anaesthesia first, and will require hospitalisation as well. The doctor may also remove the ovaries of the patient with this procedure for premature menopause. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 34 years old have a daughter of 6 years .my lmp was on 18 Th June. M trying to conceive. I had spotting from 11 Th to 14 Th July. My pregnancy test is negative. Was that spotting a period. I occasionally have a pure like discharge from vagina. What should I do?
I have done my widal test, result is to 1: 320 and th 1: 160, ah and bh are --tive. I m pregnant (5th week) what should I do ?
Hi I m a guy(age 21) i mansturbate 2-3 times a day is it dangerous for me. IF yes then in what way is it harmful? mansturbating how many times in a day is fine? how to control myself
Mam maine meri wife ke sath 7.6.17 ko un safe sex kiya tha ji or unke periods 18 ko suru hote h hmne pregnancy test bhi kiya 4 bar result hmesa negative aaya h ji or 28.6.17 ko unko periods suru ho gye ji or kya vo pregnant h ya nhi mam please help me.
I am having my period on last night, but there is no bleeding this time, when I goes to the wash room today morning then only some bleeding is there, I want to is there any prob?
My periods was on 22 feb, on 12th day of my periods I found white thick (wet powdered type) discharge from my private part without odor, even I found the same on 14 today. I am trying for pregnancy please help me is this normal?
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.