Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nupur Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nupur GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 week pregnant. Foetal weight 2340gms. Scan report shows cord seen once around the neck. Is it risk? Is there any problem for my baby. How to prevent it?
Are you experiencing excessive uterine bleeding? Excessive uterine bleeding may occur between a woman’s periods or before the periods, after having sex, or due to the development of spotting or bleeding after attaining menopause. Any menstrual cycle, which lasts longer than 21–35 days is called excessive, and this is an abnormal form of uterine bleeding.
Causes of Excessive Uterine Bleeding:
The various causes of excessive uterine bleeding are as follows:
One of the main causes is hormonal imbalance, as the balance between estrogen and progesterone gets disrupted. This balance is required for the regulation and development of the lining of endometrium or uterus lining. Because of the hormonal imbalance, the endometrium develops excessively causing heavy bleeding.
Uterine fibroids, which are non cancerous tumours, may lead to prolonged and excessive uterine bleeding.
Polyps are small benign developments on the uterus lining which cause heavy bleeding. They occur because of high levels of hormones.
Adenomyosis is a condition which develops when the endometrium glands get embedded in the uterine muscle, leading to excessive uterine bleeding.
Using intrauterine devices or IUDs may cause side effects as well.
Several pregnancy complications may also lead to excess bleeding. Ectopic pregnancy is a common cause.
Several uterine cancers, ovarian cancers and cervical conditions may be responsible as well. Inherited bleeding disorders such as von Willebrand’s disease is another likely cause.
Several medicines and drugs, including NSAIDs and anticoagulants are a common cause.
Medical conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, liver and kidney disease or thyroid problems can also cause excessive uterine bleeding.
There are different ways of treating excessive uterine bleeding, depending upon the cause of bleeding and the patient’s age.
Medications: Several medicines are used for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding. Hormonal medicines and birth control pills are used to improve the regularity of periods. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to manage excessive uterine bleeding. Several antibiotics are also used.
Surgery: In many cases, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of polyps and fibroids, which cause excessive bleeding. Certain fibroids are removed via hysteroscopy and other techniques for treatment are used as well. Endometrial ablation can be carried out to manage the bleeding. This treatment aims at permanent reduction of the excess bleeding. Hysterectomy has to be carried out when other treatments are unsuccessful. This is a serious surgery and after it, a woman will no longer have periods, and she will not be able to conceive a child.
In case of excessive uterine bleeding, you must consult a doctor as soon as possible. This will enable early treatment and prevent the development of further complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex last month on 16 I took a unwanted 72 within 48 hours and than I had 2 days periods within 7 days. It was not normal in colour particularly brown in color. My usual days are 19 20,21,22on every month now I am two days late . I had done home pregnancy test 3 to 4 times it came negative . I feel perfectly fine no sign of vomiting or frequent urination or anything for that matter . My question is 1 can unwanted 72 mess up 2 and 3rd periods ? 2 can I be pregnant ? 3 what can I do next to prevent pregnancy ?
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.
Respected sir or ma'am, Period date is passed 12 day ago.And I took urine pregnancy test today at 3 pm.Before this test I doesn't went for urine since last 6 hours.The test result is nagative.What should I do for conforms about it? I cant take this test in morning. please give me advise for getting period.I will test soon what should I do for perfect result.Is my method is ok or not?
Myself Nisha and I was trying for conceiving last 2 years and take medicine but I am not satisfied because it's not working. My left side fallopian tube is clipped and doctors consulting me that I was going for ivf but I don't know what can I do.
I am 28 years old and married for 1.5 years. This year beginning, I had a chemical pregnancy. Then we waited for a couple of months and then became pregnant again by May. But the scan showed that there's no growth for the baby and aborted using tablet in July. Now we are planning to get pregnant next year beginning. We did some blood tests and scans. But the results were all fine. I do not have pcod and my periods is almost regular. Now my doctor gave me siphene 100 mg to take on the 4th day of my periods and continue taking it for 5 days. Is there any problem in taking this tablet for 5 months continuously? What could be the possible reason for my repeated miscarriages? Please help.
I am suffering from little bit breast pain. And in periods time it pain more. Please suggest me what it is.
Caffeine is said to be good for the body, if it is consumed in limited quantity. It is also to be kept in mind that the form in which it is consumed is also important, and green tea is said to be very good. But what about having green tea very soon after a meal is finished?
Green tea as a drink, has a reputation for being a wonder drink, and quite rightly so, it is to be kept in mind that having green tea along with or just after meals is not the best idea a person can have. But why does this happen? Well, there are chemicals, which exist in green tea which are known as phenols. What happens with these phenols if the green tea is taken not long after a meal, is that they can interfere with the absorption of the iron present in the food.
In addition to not drinking green tea at mealtime, or post meal time, it is perhaps also a good idea to stay away from drinking it when milk and items which are made from milk such as cheese are being consumed. There is a reason why this is the case is due to the fact that the proteins which exist in milk do not let green tea have its normal effect on the metabolism of the person i.e. raising the metabolism and making the challenge of losing weight a bit easier.
If it is still the case that drinking green tea with or after a meal is a habit, which has no chance at all of being shaken off, then what can be done is that the meals should be changed to an extent so as to contain a greater amount of iron rich food. This will go some way in counteracting the effect the phenols have. Apart from just iron rich food, food that is rich in vitamin C is also to be consumed.
However, that being said, people who are anyway deficient in iron are better off steering clear of green tea consumed after a meal. Instead, what they can do if have it between meals and also at the start of a day. What this will accomplish is that all the benefits of the green tea can be imbibed by the body and none of the nutrition value of the food is lost either. Furthermore, green tea drunk between meals can also reduce the appetite and help weight loss. What could be better? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello dear Mam I am twenty years old and my height is 5 feet 3 inch and weight is 44. My breast size is small too its near 32 size I do not use any bra and aslo feel pain in both breast .please suggest me some tips. I have left breast fibroadenoma . I feel pain in my breast most of the time in a day but not in plac where fibroadenoma has . What should I do for this. ? How I do treatment for my fibroadenoma ?when its will be best to do surgery? Is there any process to illuminate this fibroadenoma without surgery please suggest me.
I am 5 week pregnant confirmed through Urine test at home. So, please suggest is it safe to use Abortion kit at home to prevent pregnancy. If yes, please suggest name of best Kit available in market.
Due to white discharge and heavy flow I am having back pain and weakness pls give line of treatment.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
Diet for weight loss:
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"
When an ipill should be taken after an unprotected sex and what are the side effects of taking an ipill.
Its not on external measurements.
It depends on your urine out put colour it should be pale yellow normal
If turns dark--- drank less
If turns watery--- drank more
Its for healthy person.
If any has medical conditions.It has to communicated with Dr.
1) Water before food makes u lean
2) During food by sips makes u healthy
3) After food makes u fatty
4) After completion of Digestion boosts energy.
5) If u feel indigestion have it warm it'll enhance digestion
6) If had before bed may give u common cold.
7) 3-5 sips in early morning advisable for health.
Over all who wants to be fit n fine needs to built his physiology at lower water need(like military training).
During Oct-heat n May-heat u can use abundantly by adding Gulab/khas/jai/jui/Ushir/mustak/nagarmotha.