Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita NakshtramaliniYour feedback matters!
I am 5 month pregnant. Yesterday we had sex it will not harm my baby. And from which month should we stop sex.
Unexplained prolonged menses bleeding, its 5 days now, normally 3 days, pls advise stoppage medication and exercise.
I had sex with my girlfriend before 7 days. And I have doubt that she has become pregnant because her period is not coming which comes every month near the date 10 day of the every month. So what I have to do because I don't want that she become pregnant.
My wife had two cysts in ovary both the sides. Last year in october we went to forte shalimar bagh and she was operated and both the cysts were removed. But last month when we again checked through ultrasound, two cysts on both ovary sides have come again. Now she is unable to conceive as we are trying for the same from the last one year. We have eight years baby boy but wanted to have one more but unable to go for it. What should we do now?
Masturbation is normal habit for all healthy adolescent males. It is neither harmful nor has any side effects. However the aim of masturbation is to attain a climax through ejaculation which can occur in a couple of minutes.
While having sex with a partner your aim is not only ejaculation. Your aim is to give pleasure to your partner and satisfy her by all means including oral sex. Actual sexual intercourse should be the last. So the two situations are different. What happens during masturbation does not necessarily happen during heterosexual sex.
We had an intercourse on 13th Feb followed by regular periods from 8th March. Now I am 7days late for my period. Can I be pregnant by any chance?
Reasons for late periods without pregnancy?how to find pregnancy is confirm? One time sex will cause pregnancy?
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 of the many distinct benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: when thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: if thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively to lower the heart rate.
3. Stops a cough: thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for a cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin a, c, manganese, copper, iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Controls pests: thyme is added is a primary ingredient to many pesticides for controlling pests, viruses and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and they will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: the diuretic properties of thyme oil help in removal of toxins that consequently betters the circulation and cures rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart of its stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Eliminates gases: thyme is an effective carminative agent and pushes gases downward towards their elimination.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I m 33 weeks pregnant now and I don't feel any pressure on pelvic and not feel heavy at all. I had sonography in 29weeks and aal was ok. Sometimes I feel lot of movements but they are not strong at all.
Sir I have sex with my gf a day before her menstrual period i.e on 13 march but her menstrual period falls on 14 march. We failed to use condom and I ejaculate inside but not deeply. Till date her menstrual period didn't come. This is the first time she miss her menstrual period and also not feeling any pain in stomach as she usually meet before mensuration occur. Both of us feel very anxiety and having stress. Why this skip happens and is she may get pregnant and any good measure to prevent unwanted pregnant if it happen.
I suspect my girlfriend is pregnant. Only 2 weeks. We need your help. We notice in internet about" Abortion pills" But we can't take decision to take Abortion pill. I want to know Abortion pill is safe? Any problems will be coming for future pregnancy after taking Abortion pill this time? How to take it? Which Abortion pill is best? Please help us. Thank you.
The onset of winter lowers temperatures and also initiates the loss of moisture from your body due to dryness. In this season, your body requires more fluids to eliminate possibilities of chapped lips, acne, flaky skin and dry cough. So, to cope with the reduced moisture level of your body, the right amount of water intake is necessary.
How does your body lose water even when you sweat less?
Winter, unlike the other seasons of the year, is devoid of hot, sunny days, but that doesn’t mean that your body is free from water loss. Generally, heat generated by furnaces, heaters and fires are the reasons behind sweating in winter. Also, water leaves your body during winters through the steamy breath you exhale when exposed to lower temperatures.
What are the risks of drinking less water in winters?
Dehydration in winters can negatively affect your body, ranging from causing common cold or flu to serious issues like stroke. Moreover, when your body lacks hydration, you may experience bizarre appetite patterns. This is caused due to the fact that less fluid consumption results in lack of energy in the body. This leads your body towards utilising the available fat for energy, making you thirsty, which is often misunderstood as hunger.
So how much water should you drink on cold winter days?
The amount of water intake required in winter varies from person to person due to the difference in gender and physical activities performed by a person throughout the day. However, amount of water intake in winters may be approximated as follows:
1. For Men: 8 to 10 glasses of water consumption per day is ideal for men with normal activity levels
2. For Women: Commonly, women should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day to keep themselves healthy
3. For Men Who Workout: Men with a regular exercise regime should have a raised water consumption amount of 10 to 14 glasses every day
4. For Women Who Workout: Women who exercise daily should increase their water intake to 8 to 12 glasses each day
5. For Lactating Mothers: In case of lactating/breast feeding mothers, 7 to 10 glasses of water intake per day is considered to be ideal
Sticking to these many glasses a day during winters can prove to be difficult for people facing extreme climates; but there are certain things you can do to increase your water consumption.
How can you increase your water consumption?
There are numerous ways, which let you increase your water consumption during winters without directly drinking water. These are-
1. Include more water based fruits (watermelons, pineapples, grapes etc) and vegetables (radish, spinach, cauliflower etc) in your daily diet to hydrate your body
2. Train yourself to drink water all through your workout session by timing your water intake at regular intervals
3. Have a bowl of hot soup before your meals to increase your intake of water
4. Use a humidifier to inhale moist air instead of the dry air prevalent during winter
Water intake plays a vital role in the proper functioning of the human body and is as important in winter as in other seasons.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm 30 year old female. I weigh 48 kgs and my height is 5.5' kindly suggest me a good multivitamin for healthy appearance.
My nani is suffering from breast cancer her blood is flowing from last five days she is taking homeopathic treatment. Could pls tell me any medicine ?
It's my 9th of pregnancy but I have a itchiness all over the body I don't know what to do next please help me.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.