Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nivedita Kaul
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita KaulYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am 22 year old. I have not come in contact with my partner's sperm but attempted to have sex. (6th april) I usually get regular periods and my date for this month is 24th but so far I have not got it. Im worried because usually my periods come 3-4 days earlier. I dont wish to get pregnant. Kindly help me. Thanks
I am 37 diabetic unmarried. Now i'm afraid to get marry coz I heard if your diabetic you r not able to conceive and not able to satisfy your partner. Is this correct? And one more thing I went cardiac surgery 20 years back and taking medicine.
Does using condom only is enough to prevent pregnancy. Can a girl can become pregnant by fingering if sperm present on that finger. If so how to prevent pregnancy from this activity. Why because it is very much difficult to ensure whether sperm was spent on that finger or not.Please tell.
When is the safe time to have sex I don't want babies, my wife nd I are not ready for all this we ll be using protection her periods cycle is 27 days when we ll be right time before or after period.
Everyone has a different idea of what a mother and baby needs in the first few days after childbirth, but some essentials cannot be skipped out on. With that in mind, here are 10 childcare essential you may need right after the delivery.
- Nursing pillows: A baby may be small and seem light, but carrying them can put a strain on your arms. Since babies need to be fed very often in their first few weeks, a nursing pillow is a handy thing to have around. This allows you to comfortably support your baby while feeding them.
- Breast pump: Though only a mother can produce breast milk, other people can feed this milk to the baby. A breast pump will allow you to express milk at a time convenient to you and store it in bottles to be fed to the baby as needed.
- Bottles and nipples: A set of bottles and nipples are must haves for every baby. In their first few weeks, these bottles may be used to store mother’s milk, but as the baby grows, these bottles can also be used to give the baby water.
- Pacifiers: A baby who wants to constantly suck on the mother’s nipples may be soothed with a pacifier. This can give the mother some time to rest.
- Diapers: For over a year, diapers are a must for every baby. Most mothers choose disposable diapers for their convenience though others may choose cotton wash clothes as well. For the first few weeks, a baby tends to go through 10-12 diapers a day so stock up well.
- Bedding: Whether you choose to share your bed with the infant or have him or her sleep in a crib, you will need at least two sets of crib sheets.
- Baby bath tub: In their first few days, a baby needs to only be sponged down, but as they grow, regular baths become a necessity. A baby sized bathtub will make it easier to hold the baby while keeping them safe.
- Sling: Carrying a baby in your arms all the time is not possible and hence it is a good idea to invest in a sling or front pack. This also keeps the baby close to your body and allows him or her to be soothed by your warmth and heartbeat.
- Stroller: Once a child is three months old, he or she can be made to sit upright in a stroller. This gives the mother a little free time and puts less pressure on her back.
- Car seat: A car seat if a must have for every baby. You could choose between rear facing car seats of convertible car seats. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have done sex with a prostitute. On that time my condom has broken. I got fear about Aids. What should I do.
Hi, My periods delayed by 10 days. I will travel next week and I have to get my periods soon. What should I do.
Hi doctors. If my girlfriend had sex with me on 23rd August. Then took a I pill next day. Then again had sex on the 27th without ejaculation inside the vagina both times. After got withdrawal bleeding on the 29th that stopped after 2 days. Then on the 8th of September got early periods that lasts for 4 days. Then again on the 8th of October had her periods for 6 days. When can I expect her periods next month if her normal mens date has been 16th of every month. And today I just rubbed my penis on the outside parts of the vagina and did not ejaculate anywhere near her vagina, just once I tried to penetrate but I only went in about 1 cm and did not ejaculate. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My amh is 0.7. But I am Unable to conceive. Is there any chance to increase amh level through any medication? My age is just 27.
I have been on contraceptive pill from 21st March after doing my MTP. The foods was out in the ultrasound. However I have missed my one day medicine out of my course of contraceptive, but I have Been regular otherwise. I am now seeing some blood coming out. What could be the reason for it?
I married recently my wife 2nd itself created problem n told me I am avoiding I am not taking care of her n while sleeping I should turn to her side n sleep. 3rd I was suffering from severe headache she disturbed me n I told don't disturb for that she cried. Yesterday while from out of station my wife elder brother asked her any good news I told to my wife hello this is not joke intercourse I have done it vil take time, but she is not listening n she want baby immediately. Please give me gud answer for intercourse so that I vil show to my wife.
Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment to clean your mind and body. It includes five treatments to remove toxins from your body. Panchakarma reduces stress, cleanses, rejuvenates and helps to restore the balance of your body and mind.
The five steps of treatment in the panchakarma therapy are Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Vamana: Vamana helps to remove the 'kapha' toxins from your body. It cleanses the respiratory tract. Vamana helps in treating asthma, cough, anemia, nasal congestion and obesity.
- Virechana: Virechana eliminates the 'Pitta' toxins from the body. It helps to clean the liver and gallbladder of your body. It helps to treat diseases like piles, acidity, constipation and digestive disorder.
- Nasya: Nasya removes 'kapha' toxins from the head and neck region through the nose. It treats throat diseases, headaches, migraines and improves memory and eyesight.
- Basti: Basti is the most important treatment. It cleans almost all the toxins from the body and heals most of the diseases. The cleaning is conducted through the urinary or anal channel.
- Raktamokshana: Raktamokshana is a treatment advised only for few people according to their conditions and needs. It is a process through which the impure blood is taken out of the body.
Other than healing specific diseases, Panchakarma also has other benefits, such as
- Balancing your complete body system
- Increasing your physical and mental capabilities
- Increasing your energy level
- Also improves your skin complexion and helps to lose excess weight.
- Improves the condition of your joints and increases flexibility.
While undergoing the panchakarma treatment, it is expected that the person will maintain a specific diet also. Your diet must include plenty of water, fruits, vegetables, light food and herbal tea. You should strictly avoid caffeine. Panchakarma is a very effective treatment and at the same time, is harmless. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
We have been in a physical relationship And she has not had her normal periods but there are no signs of pregnancy. Can you guys suggest something?
I am 19 years old I am indulged in sex wirh my husband for previous 5years. At first when newly I was newly married I was a bit shy but now after giving birth to 1 baby I want to have more of sex. But I can not have anything my husband want me to take more initiatives and help him or allow him doing and trying every pose and styles, the problem is in me as I can not stay for long doing motions in any pose. I want him to be happy wth me while doing intercourse. Please help me by telling how can I make him happy doing ny part and helping him. Please doc. thanks.
Hello Dr. I am 3 month pregnant. Mujay Raat Mae Bhut payas lagti h. Or toilet bhi Bhut 3/4 Baar aata h.is it normal. Please suggest.
Me and my gf we had unprotected sex on 24th December night, and she took i-pill the next day in the evening. She did not get her periods so far, and today she has only been having spotting, which happens as a sign of pregnancy. Is it possible to get pregnant even after taking the pill? And if she is infact pregnant what can ee do to avoid the pregnancy?
आजकल की तेज रफ्तार जीवनशैली के चलते दिल से जुड़ी बीमारियां भी तेज रफ्तार से बढ़ती जा रही है। बुजुर्ग ही नहीं कम उम्र के लोग भी इसकी जद में आ रहे हैं। लिहाजा दिल से जुड़ी परेशानी के लिए की जाने वाली तरह-तरह की सर्जरी भी बढ़ती जा रही हैं। ऐसी ही सर्जरी है एंजियोप्लास्टी। भले ही यह सर्जरी आम हो गई हो लेकिन इससे जुड़ी सावधानी और खतरे के बारे में जानना बेहद जरूरी। हृदय रोगों और हार्ट अटैक की सबसे बड़ी वजह हृदय की धमनियों और शिराओं में कोलेस्ट्रॉल का जमा होना है। कोलेस्ट्रॉल जमा होने से नलियां अंदर से संकरी हो जाती हैं जिससे हार्ट तक पर्याप्त बहाव के साथ खून नहीं पहुंच पाता। धीरे-धीरे ये नलियां बंद होने लगती हैं और हार्ट अटैक तक की नौबत आ जाती है। यदि आपके भी हृदय की रक्त धमनियां संकरी हैं तो हार्ट एंजियोप्लास्टी की जा सकती है। इस प्रक्रिया में रक्त प्रवाह बेहतर बनाने के लिए कैथेटर के आखिर में लगे बैलून का उपयोग रक्त धमनी खोलने के लिए किया जाता है। रक्त धमनी को खुला रखने के लिए एक स्टेंट लगाया जा सकता है। स्टेंट तार की नली जैसा छोटा उपकारण होता है। एंजियोप्लास्टी सर्जरी की सफलता इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि ब्लॉकेज कौन सी आर्टरी में हुई है। पैरीफेरल आर्टरी में एंजियोप्लास्टी सर्जरी लगभग 98 फीसदी तक सफल रहती है। एंजियोप्लास्टी कराने वाले महज 10 प्रतिशत रोगियों के फिर से ब्लॉकेज होने की आशंका रहती है। ब्लॉकेज का जल्द पता चल जाता है तो इसके सफल होने की गारंटी और बढ़ जाती है। अब शरीर की सभी आर्टरीज की एंजियोप्लॉस्टी की जा सकती है।
अगर आपने एंजियोप्लास्टी करवाई है तो ध्यान दें
- दवाएं बराबर लें। अपनी सभी दवाएं, आपके ह्रदय विशेषज्ञ द्वारा बताएं अनुसार नियमित रूप से ले, भले ही आपको कोई शिकायत न हो। अपने ह्रदय विशेषज्ञ से पूछे बिना कोई भी दवा बंद ना करें।
- भारी और थकाने वाले कार्यों से बचें। शुरू में आपको लगभग एक सप्ताह के लिए भारी गतिविधियों से बचने की जरूरत है। फिर धीरे धीरे अपने डॉक्टर की सलाह के अनुसार अपनी क्षमता बढ़ाएं।
- कोलेस्ट्रॉल लेवल पर नजर रखें।
- नियमित रूप से चेक-अप कराते रहें।
- तनाव न लें, चिंता न करें और गुस्स को काबू में रखें।
- ब्लड प्रेशर को नियंत्रित करें।
- डायबिटीज को नियंत्रण में रखें।
- वजन को संतुलित रखें।
- दिल के लिए फायदेमंद चीजें खाएं।
- डॉक्टर ने जो परहेज और व्यायाम बताए हैं उनका भी ध्यान रखें।
- इन चीजों से बचें-
- स्मोकिंग न करें।
- दौड़-भाग न करें।
- वजन न उठाएं।
- ज्यादा वसा वाले खाने से परहेज करें।
एंजियोप्लास्टी के खतरे
एंजियोप्लास्टी के लिए हमेशा अनुभवी सर्जन के पास जाएं। एंजियोप्लास्टी के दौरान एक्स-रे डाई से कई बार एलर्जिक रिएक्शन हो सकते हैं। इसके साथ ही हार्ट का वॉल्व या ब्लड वैसेल के क्षतिग्रस्त होने का भी डर रहता है।
यदि अनुभवी कार्डियोलॉजिस्ट से ऑपरेशन कराया जाए तो वह सुरक्षित होता है लेकिन जिन्हें इनका ज्यादा अनुभव नहीं तो कुछ खतरे हो सकते हैं। वहीं जिस हिस्से में नलिका या कैथिटर लगाया गया है, उसमें ब्लीडिंग या क्लॉटिंग हो सकती है
एंजियोप्लास्टी से बचने के लिए ले ये घरेलू दवा
एक कप नींबू का रस, एक कप अदरक का रस, एक कप प्याज का रस और एक कप शहद लें और सेब का सिरका लें। इन चारों रसों को मिला लें और एक बरतन में लेकर धीमी आंच पर रख दें। लगभग आधा से 1 घंटे तक पकाने के बाद जब यह मिश्रण 3 कप रह जाए, तब इसे आंच से उतार लें और ठंडा होने के लिए रख दें। तब इसमें 3 कप शहद अच्छी तरह से मिलाएं। इस मिश्रण को रोजाना खाली पेट दवा के रूप में लें। ये आपके हार्ट के लिए काफी फायदेमंद साबित होगा।
हार्ट पेशेंट को हमेशा यह उलझन रहती कि वे अपने भोजन में क्या शामिल करें। ऐसी स्थिति में वसा युक्त पदार्थ यानी घी, तेल से सबसे पहले परहेज किया जाता है। क्योंकि शरीर को वसा की हमेशा जरूरत रहती है, इसलिए इसे पूरी तरह भोजन से हटाया नहीं जा सकता लेकिन इसकी मात्रा नियंत्रित रखें साथ ही जीवन शैली पर भी ध्यान दें।
खाने-पीने से ही कोलेस्ट्रॉल नियंत्रित रहता है। कैलोरी, वसा, कोलेस्ट्रॉल, सोडियम लेने की मात्रा को ध्यान में रखकर दिल की हिफाजत की जा सकती है। दिल के मरीज डॉक्टर की सलाह लेकर अपना डाइट चार्ट बना सकते हैं।
I hav a 28 day cycle had my periods on 1 March aft day had unprotected sex several occasions bt every time v both had clothes on r bodies der was leakage n pressing of penis on vagina part bt all time clothes wer on body. Nw 30 March periods have nt started. Does such act leads to pregnancy? please advice.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain, especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that your doctor will help you with.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!