Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita KaulYour feedback matters!
Plz provide any medicine for unprotected sex which has occurred 25 days before for prevention of pregnancy?
Giving birth to a child is the most profound form of joy felt by a woman. After getting pregnant, one should discuss with her gynecologist what form of surgery they should go in for. Women have been delivering babies by normal childbirth without any complications since the old times. However, complications might arise if you don't take proper care of your body before the date of delivery. You should be careful and alert at all times so that there are no detrimental effects to you and your child.
Certain tips and guidelines should be followed so that you and your child are safe and secure during a normal delivery:
- Diet: As soon as you know you are pregnant, you should take care of your diet. Avoid junk food and street food. Stick to a nutritious diet, which contains vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Iron and calcium rich food items should also be consumed for the healthy development of your fetus.
- Active lifestyle: Try to exercise daily. Include light permissible yoga and also light walks during your pregnancy. You can also join a yoga fitness class for expecting mothers. This can make your body flexible and ready for a normal delivery.
- Water: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to keep yourself hydrated during your pregnancy.
- Stress: Pregnancy can be extremely stressful. This can take a toll on your body and also on your unborn child's health. Also too much stress can make labor a difficult experience, as the pelvic muscles might not expand for the baby to pass through.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Tobacco is very harmful and might lead to birth defects in your child. Alcohol also acts as a poison. Intake of these substances should be avoided completely.
- Prenatal class: Joining a prenatal class can be very helpful because you get to learn about giving birth and the things, which your body will be required to do during labor. This can come handy during the delivery.
- Breathing exercise: During labor it is possible that you can experience shortness of breath. Practicing breathing exercises will help you prepare for a normal delivery.
These tips should be known by every expectant mother so that the strenuous process of a normal delivery is eased out.
*body should be kept warm especially feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful. The simplest way to do it is drink hot spice tea or some other hot drink and lie down on the bed. Take some warm cover like blanket and let the body sweat for 15 to 20 minutes.
*a glass of warm water mixed with one tea spoon of lemon juice and one tea spoon of honey can be taken 2-3 times a day.
In case of dry cough especially if it trouble is during the night, take cardamom, dry ginger, black pepper and cinnamon in equal quantity, say 10 gms. Each. Take white sugar or rock candy equal to the total weight that is 40 gms. Grind them and make a fine powder. From this take half a tea spoon (about 3 gms.) twice a day with honey or warm water after meals.
In case of sore throat a clove or two cardamoms or rock candy or a few raisins can be chewed. Gargling with warm salty water is also beneficial. This can be done two to three times a day.
For hacking cough and laryngitis: equal parts of honey and juice of baked lemon,(i. E. Sour citrusfruit) or 10 -15 drops of betel leaf juice with honey three times a day.
" the greatest wealth is health"
How to make a married conservative lady understand that knowing her sexual orientation is important for her and those surrounding her?
The girl age is 20 for period she hav started eating non veg she hav stop eating Chinese type of food or any other.
Me and my girlfriend had intercourse on 2 Mar and she took IDOZ 72 in 3hrs, from 11 of March she is bleeding with cramps. Today bleeding stopped, is the bleeding is because of pill or it is due to periods. Normally her periods last for 7-8 days. As bleeding happened can she still be pregnant?
After my monthly period from 5th day my feet having too much pain can you tell me why I am facing this problem.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
Recently I going to abortion by dns and after abortion doctor gave me doris oral contraceptive pills can you confirm me what is the use of this medicines it takes regularly 21 days don't miss any single day. Please suggest me why?
Last 2 years I have a irregular periods. My ultrasound scan report shows I have a blood cysts in my left ovary. My doctor suggests me to do laparoscopy.in my last checkup doctor prescribed me only a hemfer tablets. Still now I didn't get my periods. What can I do? Pls help me. I reached my menopause? I'm unmarried. I have any problem in my pregnancy. Pls help me for my future.
Hi, I'm 32 years old, I want to postpone my menstrual cycle for five days, which medicine I can us? Thanks.
She is suffering from mental problem and she is taking quel sr50 and other one. She was consulted to two physiatrist but she didn't get well even after taking medicine. She remain well for some period bt she change without any reason. She roam around here and there n sometimes says something .I assume it's just because that she couldn't control her mind .she think too much .I guess this might be the reason of mental problem. Is there a meditation center for such patient where she can control her mind and get well.
I took contraceptive pill but my period was missed. So,I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive and I want to abort it. Please help me.
Before my due is excatly 28 days 2 months back my period came 25 days after last month my period came 20 days and this month came 30 days after I am caluclating 1 day of my period as 1 st day. Why this irregularly happened and now how can I calculate best days for sex getting pragnency.
I am 22 years old female and I am having an issue with menses to which I have a very lack of flow and delayed periods. I hardly have a 3 days of flow. And now its already been 2 months that I have not had periods. So please help me with the issue that I can have enough and sufficient of menses flow.
Hello, My name is bhawna, 26 years old. I missed my period n its 5 days late. So what to do, should I take a home pregnancy test or wait for few more days?
In pregnancy time can I drink green tea because if I drink green tea a coming to wait loss know agar baby ku effect huva to green tea se. Kabhi kabhi pain se koi problem to nahi hogi kya doctor.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years old my cycle is regular its 27-28 days. My last menstruation was on 27 may 2015 and I m ttc now I have all early pregnancy symptoms except morning sickness is it necessary? I have home test its also negative and from today I have bad upper back pain so is it pms or early pregnancy symptom please help me.
The way we sit, walk, bend or stand is hugely dependent on one very vital organ of the human body; the spine. The spinal column provides strength and support to your entire framework. It has nerves, muscles, bones and tendons; all of which enhance proper functioning of your body. The human brain sends signals to the nerves in your spinal cord, a mass of nerve fibers and tissues ensconced within the spine, which further prompts every single part of your body to perform minute and notable actions all the same. A spine injury can, thus impair your health; in many cases it can even turn out to be fatal. Care should be taken to avoid sources of spine shock or injury. If an injury has already been acquired, it should be treated either through exercising or through medical assistance.
A few postures to reap the benefits of a fit spine:
- Twist your spine either early in the morning or after a tiring day: Fold one leg while the other leg remains perched on the folded one. If the left leg is folded the left elbow should be rested on your perched right knee and the right palm should be placed on the yoga mat behind your right hip. This posture can be repeated by folding the right leg as well. It increases spine mobility by twisting it to the end of its range sideways. Muscular spine aches can be remedied by following this posture once each day.
- Do not slouch but sit straight: Some people are in the habit of slouching when they sit or stand. This is an absolutely wrong thing to do if your spine health is of any concern to you. Stretch out your shoulder blades and remain erect while standing and the same should be followed while sitting. Bending one's spine, unless it is necessary, can be very harmful.
- Stretch your spine in three directions: This exercise is a good way to allay the tension your spine has to undergo every day. Sit with folded legs, intertwine your fingers and stretch your arms upward, in front and at the back to expand your spine to the full.
- The downward doggy posture can relieve back pain: In this yoga posture, one is expected to stretch his or her legs according to the width of the person's back and stoop forward by placing the palms on a yoga mat. Knees and elbows should not bend.