Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nivedita Kaul
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita KaulYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old boy. I got married in April 2015. My wife did not get pregnant yet. I am trying every week. In the first month her periods get delayed by 6 days and also pain was much higher than usual. Then next 3 months periods came normally. But this month Oct 2015 periods got delayed by 7 days. I thought it z done now but again not. Also I want to confess I had lot of masturbation before marriage. So I need a suggestion for this.
Hi I am confuse for taking protein for my wife in pregnancy for 5-6 month please let me know if I taken amway protein which one is best.
My rubella igg is positive I am 7 month pregnant and igm is negative my pregnancy is at risk or not. Igg effect pregnancy or igm.
What is IVF?
IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization and is a method of artificial insemination that dramatically increases the chances of pregnancy. It is one of the assisted reproductive technologies methods used as fertility treatment across the world where other methods have had drastic results.
In simpler terms, a man's sperm is inserted in woman's egg using controlled laboratory environment to proceed with fertilization. These embryos are then carefully put back into the mother's uterus after 4 to 5 days of fertilization in incubator in hopes that the embryo would grow in a full baby. The embryo transfer process needs to be carefully done in order for successful fertilization in the mother's womb.
There are many reasons why IVF is conducted:
- Poor sperm quality - Males having poor sperm quality are unable to achieve fertilization and increase the chances of conception with their female partners. This is male factor infertility due to which people move towards IVF.
- Fallopian tube problems - This is a female factor infertility, in which fallopian tubes either get blocked, or damaged making it complicated and stressful for the embryo to travel to the uterus.
One must approach IVF treatment with patience and a willingness to comply with all the tenets that the treatment is built upon. IVF clinics may vary the treatment a little according to what the patient's condition demands and different clinics may have different methods. The basic methods of IVF treatment however, remain the same. The first step to the treatment is to find the right clinic which complies with factors like availability of resources, cost and quality of treatment. After deciding the clinic, the next step is to understand that IVF treatment happens in cycles and the success rate of conception varies. Patients must also be ready to face any disappointment.
Here’s the short version of the steps involved in an IVF treatment cycle:
- Ovarian stimulation. Your doctor prescribes a course of drugs for you to take to stimulate your ovaries into hopefully producing 12 to 15 mature eggs.
- Monitoring of your drug response. To monitor the progress of your ovarian stimulation you undergo an ultrasound examination and blood tests.
- Egg maturation. Two days before your eggs are due to be collected you have a hormone injection, which triggers maturation of the eggs.
- Egg collection. You receive a light general anaesthetic for this simple, short procedure, and your doctor retrieves your eggs using an ultrasound-guided technique.
- Sperm production. On the day of egg collection, your partner provides a sperm sample.
- Fertilisation. The embryologist puts sperm and eggs together in the lab and, if all goes well, the eggs fertilise and early embryo development begins.
- Embryo transfer. Two to five days after egg collection, your doctor places one or two embryos in your uterus. Frozen transfer can be planned after a gap of 1 month.
- Embryo freezing. If you have additional embryos suitable for use, they can be frozen and kept for future transfers. Also, frozen embryos are available.
- Pregnancy test. About two weeks after embryo transfer you have a blood test to find out whether the treatment worked.
- If the test is positive, you have your first pregnancy scan two weeks later.
- If the test is negative, you and your partner need to talk to your doctor and decide whether to try the treatment again.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My breast size is not increasing. I consulted doctor but he told it may and may not increase as my brain do not provide it. My periods are on tablet progynova and meprate. What shall I do to increase it now?
I have PCOS from almost 8 months with irregular periods. Weight gain about 6 to 7 kgs in last one year, facial hair & ache, stomach ache, low energy and stamina. Kindly suggest.
Mere period irregular h meri shadi ko 4 years complete ho gye docter ko dikhaya to period regular krne k liye 21 day ki goliya dete h jb tk khati hu period regular rehte h fir vahi condition ho jati h check up krvane PR doctor ne thyroxine 12.5 khane ko bola or pregnant hone k liye period k 10 se 20 din tk sex krne ko kaha lekin ye to inke liye hota h jinke period regular hote h or mere period kbhi 40 din ya 50 din tk ho jate h mai pregnant hone k liye kya kru.
Hi, Does ovarian cyst prevent from pregnant From last 1 year we are trying but no results? Please advise
Why you must try kegel exercises for an amazing sex life!
Kegel exercise, also known as pelvic floor exercise, is the repeated contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor, which is the muscular base of the abdomen connected to the pelvis. These simple exercises are proven to enhance the functioning of the pelvic organs and improve sexual health. How you ask? read on to find out.
Both men and women can improve their sex life to a great extent by practicing Kegels.
How does it improve sexual function in women?
- Tones and strengthens the vaginal muscles that boost arousal
- Causes a tighter grip during intercourse
- Leads to more intense contractions during orgasm
How does it improve sexual function in men?
- Allows for men to have stronger, long-lasting erections
- Keeps the hips and pelvic region healthy
- Leads to greater control over ejaculation
- Prevents the occurrence of erectile dysfunction
How does kegel exercise betters sex life?
To get started on kegel exercises for a better and healthier sex life, follow these simple steps:
1. Locating the right muscles: the most important part of doing kegel exercises is locating the pleasure-maxing muscles in the pelvic region. This can be done by stopping urination midstream or blocking the passage of gas. Once you've successfully managed to identify the target muscles, kegel exercises can be done anywhere at any time.
2. Staying focused: it is important to stay focused on exercising the pelvic floor muscles. Easy breathing while doing the exercise and keeping from flexing other muscles in the abdomen and buttocks are necessary parts of the routine.
3. Sharpening the technique: practice tightening and releasing the pelvic floor muscles till you have perfected the technique, working up to a 10-second hold before releasing and relaxing for 10 seconds between each contraction.
Get into a regimen doing 10 to 20 kegel exercises three times a day, holding each one for 10 seconds.
Kegel exercises will not only improve your sex life, but also combat disorders of the bladder and lower intestines. Plus, they've been proven to enhance orgasms, turning them into more frequent occurrences than before.