Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita KaulYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever from last one year four months and twenty nine days, and I had heavy headache during this period, so please inform me what to do?
As I asked above. If leads to pregnancy. What will be the symptoms to find it immediately. If pregnancy what should we do to get out of this problem.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
My wife have so much pain in every period after delivery since 1 year. What be can do for relief. Next time she will be able for pregnancy.
Why nipple discharge happens. Having Normal period. Negative UPT. Doctor prescribed cabergoline. Please tell me all about these. CAN SHE BE NORMAL AGAIN OR IS IT OF HIGHLY BAD SITUATION?
Hii I did not get periods still now since 20 days over from my date of minutes and no other reasons are Dr. lik meeting VT other and am unmarried my age is 23 yrs. Can you suggest me something.
Hello Doctor, Is it true that during first time intercourse, there is always bleeding (whatever the age of women would be)?
Hello doc I am 20 year old girl and I have irregular period of 2 or 3 days. And I also have polycystic in overy because of that I have a facial hair and know that hair is underontrol by taking proper medicine and diet.
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
I had sex with my bf on 5th feb. After 26hrs, I took unwanted 72, in the month of january I had 2 times unwanted 72. I missed my periods last month. After that I did two times pregnancy test its negative. Then I tried lots of home remedies to induce my periods, like ginger juice, Fennel Seeds, Hot Water Pack, pineapple juice, hot water bath, season seed, jaggery, but still I am not in periods. Also I had medicine Orofer xt, 1 tab daily till 10 days. Pls suggest me what will I do my next periods date is 28 march.
You've probably read about kegel exercises a million times before. Perhaps you even clench and release your pelvic floor muscles each time you come across an article like this one. But if you haven't made them a daily habit yet, and aren't sure whether or not you need to--here's some help.
1. They can keep incontinence at bay
As you grow older, your pelvic floor muscles--responsible for giving you control over your bladder and bowels--get weaker. Which means every time you sneeze or laugh or cough on a full bladder, chances are a little urine will leak out. Doing kegel exercises can strengthen these muscles, and make sure you are always in control.
2. They can help your body cope with childbirth
Pregnancy can wreak havoc on your body--especially the pelvic floor muscles, making incontinence a reality much before age catches up. Moreover, many women also complain of lessened sexual arousal after childbirth. Enter: kegels. Practice them before and after you give birth to keep incontinence at bay and well. Enjoy sex much like before.
3. They can give you stronger orgasms
Did you know: kegels can help you get a better grip on your partner's member during intercourse? they can also help you achieve coveted multiple orgasmsm, and tone those much-needed vaginal muscles.
How do I know I am doing them right?
Clenching is not the problem; finding the right muscle to clench, however, is.
So, begin by identifying the muscles in question. The next time you're on the pot, try to stop urinating mid-way. Those muscles that helped you do just that are the ones to work on. (keep in mind that kegels should be done on an empty bladder, and that stopping the urine flow too often can lead to urinary tract infections.)
Now, lie on your back on the floor, knees bent--legs hip-width apart--and flex the muscles for 3 to 5 second, and release them for 3 to 5 seconds. Do 3 reps of 10 seconds each day. Once you're comfortable and confident, you can practice the kegel exercise while sitting at your desk or standing in the metro train.
So what are you waiting for? let the kegels begin!