Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitika Sobti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitika SobtiYour feedback matters!
Hi m 9th month pregnant it is just 5 days to complete the 9 th month. Is it to worry about that. M not feeling any pain is there no chances of normal delivery.
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
I am 21 years old and my periods are not regular. Sometimes it comes early. And sometimes late. What should I do?
Hello doctors, Me and my girlfriend had sex on Feb 12th 2018 I used a condom, I dint insert my penis into her vagina but I was rubbing my penis onto a vagina But there was a situation where the condom was removed and my penis was rubbed onto her vagina for 2-3 seconds Her last periods date was From jan 6th to jan 10th she gets it for 4 days only and usually it gets delayed We did pregnancy test on feb 18th (6 days after we made out) Result: Negative Again we did pregnancy test on feb 24th (6 days later again) Result: Negative but she still has not got her periods i am really worried please help me is this due to hormone imbalance or is she pregnant doctor?
I am Dr Rita Bakshi, chairperson of international fertility centre situated in Green Park, New Delhi. I have been in this field of fertility of for last 18 years and I have look at couples from all over the world. Let me tell you couples from Africa, Ethiopia ,Nigeria, Afghanistan, Iraq, America, UK, Canada, Brazil name it and I seen it all. The important part is that today I am going to talk on Donor services, yes if somebody decides to have a baby there is no way one cannot have because there are only 3 big players in the field of fertility. The sperms from a man, egg from a woman and a uterus of where the pregnancy will thrive. In case a man does not have sperm at all, even after doing a PISA or a TISA then donors sperm is available. A frozen sperm which has been frozen for at least minimum 3 months tested for HIV, VDRL, HCV, hbs antigen, his height, weight, colour, physical characteristics educational statics all known sperm is available. In case the egg of a women, a women of 43, 44, 45 and has finished her egg cycle, that means there are no viable eggs left or in cases of premature ovarian failure or in cases of ovarian cyst removal or you know, whichever way even in a defective egg, egg donors are available. When they are young girls who from 21 years onwards who donate eggs again there educational status, the physical characteristics are known and the eggs can be matched to the woman who is going to receive the egg. So in case the man sperm is good but its wife eggs are not good they can take help of a donor egg, fertilized make the embryo the baby of outside and then put it inside his wife, for the pregnancy to thrive in the women's belly. In case the uterus has been destroyed because of multiple fibroids, tuberculosis, asherman's syndrome or she born without a uterus as in Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome. Then her answer is to have a uterus replacement, a uterus replacement means a surrogate woman who can harbour the pregnancy. Now the men and women egg and sperms are good then it is there genetic baby created outside and put inside the surrogate woman, surrogate women who are ready to do this process either because of altruistic reason or because of commercial reason but they are willing to harbour the pregnancy for 9,10 months and then give them the baby. The advantage in cases of surrogacy in their lower at the moment is that the birth certificate is in the name of the parents of the commissioning parents, of the intending parents and do not have the name of the surrogate anywhere. Therefore there is birth certificate which is in the name of parents and the baby is given as soon as it is born to the parents, so they get a zero day baby in their arms. These are the services the donor egg, the donor sperm or the donor uterus of surrogate as it is called which are freely available. Therefore I believe anybody who like to get pregnant or would like to have a baby, there are so many options available who would like everybody to make good use of it. Thank you so much.
For many people, popping a calcium tablet is something which has benefits, but at the same time does no harm. After all, who does not want to have strong bones and healthy teeth? The unfortunate part is that things are not so simple and a lot of research has debunked this.
Take, for example, the findings that when an old woman has calcium, the fracture rates are not all that different as compared to one who has not had calcium supplements. In addition to this, it was also found as part of a study that there is no positive impact on the mineral density of the hip.
As a matter of fact, calcium tablets and supplements can pose a significant risk, as well. While it is true that calcium does help in the effort of getting heart disease, an amount which is greater than the dietary limit does not. Actually, the excess calcium may increase the risk. This is true when it comes to calcium from supplements and not calcium which is absorbed by the way of food. So, what sort of additional risk is there? A study found that people who receive calcium from a tablet or another similar source have about a 140% greater chance of a heart attack!
How much is too much?
A thousand milligrammes of calcium in excess of the requirement on a daily basis is said to increase the risk of death from CVD or cardiovascular disease by about a fifth. Not a trivial amount, by any measure.
But why does this happen?
The key to answering this question comes from how the calcium is absorbed by the body. When calcium from food is eaten, the rate of it being released is a lot slower as compared to calcium from tablets. Also, when there is excess calcium, it is not absorbed and kept in reserve by the body but is excreted in the form of urine. So, this calcium going through the kidneys can cause some trouble there, as well!
Yes or No?
So, what is to be done in order to make sure one is having a sufficient amount of calcium? Well, there are a lot of sources and consuming things such as dairy products and fish, along with dark leafy vegetables are some great ways to get natural calcium. Only if a person has very low calcium levels should calcium tablets be consumed? It is well worth remembering that too much of a good thing is a bad thing! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.