Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nita Nath Sachdeva
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nita Nath SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Are you aware of the condition known as oligohydramnios during pregnancy, in which there is too less amniotic fluid? The amniotic fluid is an important part of your baby’s support system. It helps in protecting your baby and in the development of lungs, muscles, limbs, and the digestive system. The amount of this fluid can be measured via several methods. amniotic fluid index (AFI) evaluation is commonly used for measurement. When the results show a fluid level less than five centimeters, you need to diagnose yourself for oligohydramnios.
There are several causes, which may lead to low amniotic fluid levels in your body. They are as follows:
- Birth defects: Issues in proper development of the urinary tract or the kidneys lead to decreased urine production, which in turn results in decreased amniotic fluid levels.
- Placental problems: When your placenta does not provide sufficient supply of blood and nutrients to the baby, it may not recycle the fluid anymore.
- Leaking of membranes: A tear in the membrane may cause a slow trickling of fluid, or a rapid gush of fluid. The premature rupture of membranes (PROM) also leads to low levels of amniotic fluid.
- Post date pregnancy: Low amniotic fluid levels may occur during a post date pregnancy. It is a form of pregnancy that lasts for 42 weeks.
- Maternal complications: Several factors like hypertension, maternal dehydration, diabetes, and chronic hypoxia may lead to decreased levels of amniotic fluid levels during pregnancy.
The treatment for low amniotic fluid level depends on your gestational age. In case you are not full term, you will be closely monitored and your fluid levels will be observed. Non-stress and contraction stress tests may be conducted for monitoring the activities of your baby. If you are almost near full term, delivery is recommended by most health practitioners, in case of low amniotic fluid levels.
Other treatment methods that are used include the following:
- Amino infusion during labor via an intrauterine catheter is carried out. The added fluids help with the umbilical cord padding during delivery. It also helps in lowering the chances of a Cesarean delivery.
- The injection of amniotic fluid before delivery via amniocentesis is also undertaken. It is likely for the oligohydramnios to reoccur within one week after this treatment procedure, but it helps doctors to visualize your fetal anatomy and diagnose the condition.
Maternal rehydration using oral fluids and IV fluids also helps in increasing the amniotic fluid levels. It is important for you to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis so that the most ideal treatment can be prescribed to you.
My wife is pregnant nearly 7 week. I Want to know, foods that is to be eaten , second and third trimester and also foods to avoiding in the period.
If a person has heag nonreactive hap be anti bodies mildly reactive is he contigouse for hap b and viral load is 543 iu/ml my father is just diagnosed I am worried if I am contaminated as I am breast feeding.
I had etopic pregnancy and 2nd ovary polystic I am tried to conceive but can n't do it easily conceive yet.
I have fibroids. For the last 3 months i suffer from abdomen and pelvic pain. The pain starts 5 days after my period and continues till next period cycle. Throughout the month i suffer form pain for no specific reason. I eat normal homecooked vegetarien food. My Ultrasound report states Liver, Gallbaldder Pancreas, Urinary Bladder are normal, Right kidney 10.1x3.5cm left kidney 11.3x4.5cm. No evidence of splenomgaly, lymphadenopathy or free fluid. Uterus is anteverted and normal in size. It measures 9.7x7.0x5.4cm. Endometrium is normal in thickness. Multiple fibroids in following locations: 1.) 35x30mm partially exophytic fibroid in left lateral wall. 2.) 5x10mm subserous fibroid in anterior wall. 3.) 34x24 and 48x28mm intramural fibroids in posterior wall. Both ovaries are sonographically normal. Right ovary measured 3.1x2.6cm and left ovary 3x2.2cm. Kindly advice as it hampering by daily life.
I heard that after taking I pill there is bleeding but in our case yet no bleeding Hello doc. My cousin brother had unprotected sex on 15 th may, n his wife has taken ipill after 2 hours of intercourse, she expecting her period on 23 may n her last period date is 23 april, so if any problem there, they don't want child on this stage, so how much chances of pregnancy please ans me.
Celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon, post the spring equinox, Easter is a great time to catch up with friends and family over a delightful meal which is incomplete without culinary delights and desserts. From sweet breads, pastries, cookies, and cakes, to meat and eggs, these are some of the food items that grace the Easter tables. This is often a problem for people trying to watch their weight as it is practically impossible to control your appetite.
So, if you are confused about whether or not you should relish this amazing food, here is a tip - stick to healthy recipes and practice a little bit of self-control and you have it all covered.
Here are some simple and healthy recipe ideas for your Easter meal:
#Recipe1: Chocolate mousse eggs
- Dark chocolate - 50 g dark chocolate (melted)
- Chocolate mousse (diet) – 165 grams
- Honeycomb chocolate bar - ½ bar (chopped)
- To make the shells, take Easter egg mould and place a spoonful of melted dark chocolate into each side, spread the chocolate with the help of a brush to make a thin coating inside the mould. Refrigerate until set hard.
- Whip the mousse until smooth. Carefully transfer the chocolate shells onto a tray. Pour one spoon of mousse in every shell. Sprinkle the chopped honeycomb bar.
This is a nice way to incorporate sweets into the Easter meal as it is not packed with a lot of calories and can be munched on without any guilt.
#Recipe2: Hot Cross Buns
- Instant dry yeast – 2tsp
- Caster sugar – 2 ¼ cup
- Skim milk – ½ cup (warm)
- Egg (whisked) - 1
- Plain flour- 3cups
- Mixed spice – 1tsp
- Oil spread (reduced fat) - 50 gms
- Sultanas – ½ cup
- Currants – ¼ cup
- Reduced-sugar jam – 2tsp
- Plain flour – ¼ cup
- Oil spray
- Add the yeast, sugar, milk and ⅓ cup warm water in a bowl. Mix well. Keep in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Add the whisked egg and mix well.
- In a bowl, add mixed spice and flour. Using your hand, mix well until it begins to look like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sultanas and currants. Now make a well in the centre, pour in the yeast mixture in the well. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Knead the flour mixture for at least 5-7 minutes or until it becomes elastic. Place it in a bowl and set aside until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly coat the cake tin with oil spray. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll these portions into balls. Arrange them in the oil-sprayed cake tin. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- To make the flour paste, add flour and sugar in a small bowl, mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste. Place in a snap-lock bag.
- Pipe crosses onto the dough balls. Place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 180°C and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Transfer the buns to a tray and let them cool for a bit. Lightly brush the buns with the reduced jam and serve.
The buns are enough to serve 12 people and contain less amount of calories. It is the best bread option for weight watchers.
#Recipe3: Weight watchers Deviled Eggs
- Hard-boiled eggs – 6
- Non-fat Greek yoghurt – 1/3 cup
- Sriracha Sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Scallions – 2 (chopped)
- Fat-free Cheddar Cheese – 2tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Pepper – As per taste
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into halves. Transfer the yolks with the help of a spoon into a bowl. Add in the Greek yoghurt, sriracha sauce and scallions. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a piping bag.
- With the piping bag, fill the empty eggs with the yolk and yoghurt mixture. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese and scallions.
Easter Sunday is knocking the door, have you prepared already? To celebrate this important feast at the lively new spring means a lot for people. It's time forget those annoying troubles and open a new chapter of life to see the energetic world. Paint eggs to enjoy the happiness. Just lay down the burden to have a rest and enjoy these fresh, spring tastes on the Easter dinner table!