Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nita Nath SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, thank you for all your help and answers. I'm confused I have not seen my period for like 2 days now my period is meant to start on 28 and it didn't come out and today is 30. I'm confused cos I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy or is it too early for it now.
I have done sex with a women without protection an she is married twice so I was her third or fourth unprotected sex she told to do without protection will I get aids she has done an operation of getting no childrens.
You know about your vitamins and proteins. But do you really? not many of us are aware of the nutrients that our body needs and their functions. But unless we understand the value of the nutrients, we’ll never be able to appreciate their need in our diet. Vitamin b17 is one such nutrient which is often overlooked.
Known more commonly as amygdalin, this anti-cancerous vitamin is a member of the vitamin b-complex family. A well-known alternative cure for cancer, vitamin b17 is quite effective in lowering tumors and curbing metastasis. It terminates the cancerous cells, safeguards the body from the onset, development, and spread of cancer in future, and gives your immune system a good boost. The foods that contain this vitamin are known as nitrilosides. Before getting to know about the vitamin b17 foods, lets take a closer look at how beneficial this vitamin is for us.
Vitamin b 17 - benefits for health:
Along with being an acknowledged alternative medicine for cancer, this b 17 vitamin is believed to render other health benefits too:
- The anti-hypertensive properties of this vitamin help in keeping the blood pressure levels under control, which in turns help thwart off various cardiovascular diseases.
- Vitamin b17 is known to boost the potential of the immune system.
- This vitamin is also used as a complete tonic to boost your overall health.
- Laetrile is also known to help the body with its detoxification and cleansing process.
An interesting fact:
If you do a google search on vitamin b17, many results that pop up contain a word called laetrile, which is used as a synonym for this vitamin. However, in reality, laetrile is the synthetic form of b 17 and is derived from amygdalin. Laetrile is available in various forms in the market, including injections, lotions, tablets, and even suppositories.
Now that you know what is vitamin b17 and what its benefits are, let us see where this vitamin is found naturally:
Top 7 natural vitamin b17 foods:
Seeds, especially apricot seeds, top the list of rich vitamin b 17 foods. You can also find this vitamin in the seeds of prunes, pears, peaches, nectarines, cherries, and even apples. Flax seeds, squash seeds, millet seeds and buckwheat seeds also contain this vitamin in moderate amounts.
Nuts are rich of assorted nutrients, including minerals and proteins. Almonds, especially the bitter ones, along with macadamia nuts and cashew nuts, contain vitamin b17, with bitter almonds leading the list. Macadamia comes next and finally the cashews. However, researchers have indicated that these nuts are highly toxic and have been banned in the us. Nevertheless, bitter almonds are used for manufacturing extracts and to give liqueurs that distinct flavor.
Berries – including raspberry, strawberry, currants, cranberry, and blackberry – contain admirable quantities of this anti-cancerous vitamin. Not to forget quinoa, gooseberry, and mulberry! however, the surprising fact is that the wild berries contain vitamin b17 in quite high amounts.
Bamboo spouts lead this list with a high dose followed by the sprouts of alfalfa, garbanzo, and whole green gram.
The leaves of alfalfa and eucalyptus contain high amounts of vitamin b17. Spinach leaves are also potential sources of this vitamin, but in traces.
Check out your favorite yam, cassava, and sweet potato. They all contain this vitamin, with cassava leading the list. Despite being a rich source of protein, cassava leaves should be cooked properly to avoid the conversion of cyanogenic glucosides into cyanide.
Opt for assorted beans to get vitamin b17. Choose for fava, black, kidney, lima, and garbanzo that are rich in this vitamin. Cook them or just sprout them and include them in your diet to get this vitamin.
Please my prolactin level is 96.4 and am not pregnant or been pregnant before my breast is very painful and the bones of my hand and feet hurt and my veins hurt too and I have milk discharge in my two breasts whenever I press it please what could be the cause.
I have been feeling itching sensation near vaginal opening. It's not continues it only persists for few mins. I may feel it once in 2 or 3 days. I have consulted gynac. She said it's light infection and prescribed nuforce tablets and candid V gel. I have not got complete relief after that. Still sometimes I experience itching. No odour. No discharge.
I usually get red spots after having metal spas during my monthly cycles due to pain. please suggest other medicine.
I m 25 years old. I was married about 1.5 years old. I have 11 weeks old baby. After delivery my wife is suffer in vaginal pain during sex. Thats why we can not do sex. What should we do?
Hi m getting pain while follicular test please tell me I everyone will get pain or only I am getting.
Hi im 21 years women I have some problem during periods I have serious stomach pain it cause me unconscious I took tablet when I have that kind of stomach pain seriously I dnt like that, is there any other way to treat this kind of stomach bcoz during college day I dnt want to face that kind of causes so please help me to treat this stomach pain.
I Have (3.2 x 2.9) cm cyst in my right ovary and the endometrium is minimally thickened. But the doctor is saying surgery is not required and I have irregular period. What is the issue in this.
I'm 17 years old. I'm having itching nd irritation in vagina from 2-3 days. I also have redness in vagina. What should I do?
I'm trying for pregnancy for almost 1.5 yrs. From different tests got to know AMH is only 0.28. Can any one suggest how to improve it. Aldo doctor said I'm not getting triple line in my endometrium which is also negative for pregnancy. Kindly advice how all these factors can be corrected.
My wife is 6 month pregnant her legs and legs fingers are thick. What is reason ?and what can I do for it? Any problems?
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
Dear Sir, I would like to know my married daughter got pregnant and found diabetes her Fasting sugar 120 and 2 hours after lunch 173. Now doctors advised to take insulin. Is use of insulin harmful to child or mother if it continued till delivery? Is any treatment available other than insulin in Ayurveda? Pl reply.
So you love your job and don't mind working after hours, every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your mind-body. Stressing on one, while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future. This will render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headache, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind-body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of that facet:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins, which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing.
On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you are doing to your body affects how your brain works
On the flip side, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result, you're missing out on your regular, healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, negatively.
The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies that improve your mind-body functioning
Practicing therapy and exercise, improves the dual functioning of your mind-body and is, therefore, indispensable for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has suggested, some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your overall well-being:
- Cognitive & behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch!