Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nita Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nita JainYour feedback matters!
Almost everyone knows about the tremendous benefits that coffee has to offer. Be it energizing one's self or protecting the brain from various degenerative diseases, a cup of coffee can be a solution for all. But did you know that the caffeine present in coffee can do more damage to your health than good? Yes, coffee can be beneficial only when consumed in small amounts. Overdrinking it or developing an addiction to coffee can take a toll on your gut.
Keep on reading to find out how.
- Coffee Increases Stomach Acidity: Those who drink coffee regularly in the morning, on an empty stomach must know that more than it can energize them for the day ahead, regular cups of morning coffee actually slowly raise serious gut problems, stomach acidity being one of them. Along with various plant-based compounds present in coffee, caffeine stimulates the cells of the stomach to secrete more hydrochloric acid, which makes the stomach an ideal dwelling place for the pylori bacteria, responsible for an ulcer.
- Coffee May Cause Acid Reflux: The esophageal sphincter muscles between the food pipe and the stomach are responsible for allowing food into the stomach and ensuring that it stays there. However, drinking too much coffee causes the esophageal sphincter muscles to relax which leads to stomach acid building up in the food pipe. This causes severe irritation, pain or a burning sensation in the chest, known as acid reflux. If acid reflux occurs frequently, it may lead to further complications, such as ulcers, sores, etc.
- Makes the Food Rot in the Gut: Various research studies have shown that coffee speeds up the release of contents from the stomach even before they are digested completely. Food that is not properly digested usually ends up sitting in the gut and rotting there. This rotting food, creates a toxic environment inside the intestines which becomes ideal for the spread of bad bacteria, which causes inflammation, and damages the walls of the intestine.
- Disrupts the Absorption of Minerals: Coffee can also irritate your prostate gland and bladder, it sometimes even disrupts the absorption of minerals like magnesium, which affects the digestive system of the body, slowing it down. Magnesium being the most crucial mineral for regulating healthy and normal bowel movement, one can very well imagine how badly the digestion process will be affected if the absorption of magnesium gets hampered. Plus, by moving the bowels even before water and other essential nutrients are absorbed, coffee may cause malnourishment and dehydration.
So next time you boast about your habit of drinking coffee whenever possible, think twice. No matter how healthy something is, having too much of it can cause damage to health and so does excessive consumption of coffee.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 10 weeks pregnant doc prescription me use progesterone soft gelatin capsules 100mcg daily one tab. I want to know that uses and side effects of this tablets. Please suggest me mam. I don't like this tablets.
LOW BACK PAIN IN PREGNANCY
- Both during and after pregnancy women are subjected to altered mechanical stresses which affect the low back and frequently result in low back problems.
- As the new infant develops in the mother's womb, two simple changes take place which influence her posture.First, there is the gradually increasing bulk and weight of the developing infant. In order to maintain balance during standing and walking, the mother must lean further backward to counterbalance her altered weight distribution. The result of this postural adjustment is an increase in lordosis.
- In the final weeks of pregnancy the lordosis may become excessive, and this may lead to overstretching of the tissues surrounding the joints of the low back.
- Second, to prepare the body for the impending delivery of the baby, the joints of the pelvis and lower back are made more flexible and elastic .
- This greater elasticity means that the joints involved become more lax and are easily overstretched when subjected to mechanical strains.
- After the child is born the mother is often too busy to care for herself properly, and sometimes the postural fault which has developed during pregnancy remains present for the rest of her life. If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy, it is likely that your lordosis has become excessive and your problems are caused mainly by postural stresses. If this is the case, the extension exercises recommended for the majority of people with low back pain are unsuitable for you at the present time, and you should concentrate mainly on correction of the standing posture.
- Problems caused by postural stresses are always resolved by postural correction. For one week you must watch your posture very closely. At all times you should maintain the correct posture, not only during standing but also while walking. You must stand tall and walk tall and not allow yourself to slouch. If after one week of postural correction the pain has disappeared or reduced considerably,faulty posture is to be blamed for your back problems.
- If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy and you feel worse when standing and walking but much better when sitting, extension exercises again are not suitable for you.
My wife is 52 years now. She reached menopause stage 2 years back. But 3 months back i.e. 17-12-2016 she got post-menopausal bleeding (PMB) which lasted for 7 days. On day 3, she consulted O.G Dr. Who had asked to take USG of abdomen. The scan revealed that liver, GB, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, bladder, uterus& ovaries are found normal. But “bulky cervix" is recorded. My wife continued calcium and other mineral tablets. However she got the PMB second time on 17.01.2017, a month after first and 3rd time on 01.03.2017 i.e. After an interval of 41 days from second. Based on the advice of Dr. On 11.03.2017 fractional Curettages of endocervix, ectocervix and endometrium was done for HP examination. The study revealed polypoidal endocervicitis, degenerative proliferative endometrium, erosion with chronic nonspecific cervicitis. Pl diagnose and suggest suitable advice / treatment to stop further PMB.
Please thank me if you feel its good.
3 things you need to do right now.
## decide ## commit ## succeed
Important tips for weight loss.
1) eat breakfast regularly.
2) eat small 4-5 meals a day.
3) eat a mid meal in between each main meal.
4) include daily eggs nuts fruits in your meals.
5) avoid junk food.
6) avoid alcohol and smoking.
7) exercise atlist 4-5 times a week.
8) even if you were to take medicine or supplements. They will not work in isolation.
#stop glucosamine to loss weight
1) avoid eat sugar and fat e. G ghee/fried stuff
2) take a plate of salad before meals. Try to avoid no of chapati.
##lastly be committed. Remember its a life style change. And not a one time change, its a balanced intake that will last longer.
So try to follow this tips seemingly and the results will follow you.
1) do regular exercise like brisk walking (at least), running swimming.
2) avoid sedentary and lazy lifestyle.
3) if you lifestyle is moderate. Then go ahead with cardio exercise or hiit.
4) if you're lifestyle is active. Then join a gym add some weight training.
5) run on treadmill after workout to burn double calories.
6) new to workout, then workout daily 1 muscle group a day. After 90days can go for 2 muscle group.
7) work station is near to your home. Then buy a cycle.
8) stop taking your bike/car if you feel you can walk thru.
######please consult your trainer for best workout chart######
###sample diet chart###
Breakfast -- wheat of mung (green beans) sprouts and one cup skimmed milk.
Mid morning - coconut water or dry fruits or lemon tea or vegetable soup
Lunch - salad or raw vegetables such as carrot, beetroot, cucumber, cabbage, tamotos. In case if you don't get digest raw vegetables, neither ateam or boil them. And whole grain bread of wheat chapati (indian recipe) and glass of butter milk, it will good if you add some roasted cumin seeds, and green coriander leaves and bit salt and grated ginger in the buttermilk.
If you feel to eat rice then please eat 1cup brown rice not white.
Mid evening - juice or apple or brown bread with egg.
Dinner - your dinner will decide your weight loss goal.
Eat salad with juice or your can add fish. No carbs
Before bed - 1 glass of skimmed milk.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Is their any way to know that my girlfriend had sex with some one else except me in last two months because actually my problem is I work on ship so always have a doubt on this. If I may know how to know it would be very helpful to me.
Hi, I am 31 years old and expecting to be pregnant for first baby. I did follicular study and on a) 14th day of my periods scan doctor told that there is one follicle in the right ovary measuring 1.8*1.8, left it is 2.3*2.3 and both the follicles are in the stage of rupturing. My lining was 10.5. B) Me and my husband had intercourse on 14, 15, 16th days. C) On 17th day I took scan again and both the follicles are ruptured and lining is 14. D) On my 18th day I felt dizzy and nausea. E) on 19th day I was suffering from lower abdominal pain and dizziness. F) One of the neighbor who is a practitioner (not a gynaec) told me to check for beta hcg on 20th day itself since I had abdominal pain on that day and I took hcg. The result was 1.2. I think it was too early to detect pregnancy. G) Today is my 22nd day and from morning I am getting a white discharge total wetting feeling but when I checked it was creamy and feeling urinating frequently. Kindly advise the chances of pregnancy and when should I test.
Masturbation While Married: Male-Female Differences
Married people - or people in committed, long-term relationships - tend to have more partner-based sex than people not in such a relationship, according to a number of surveys and reports. But that does not mean that masturbation goes out the window when a person gets married. Since masturbation plays a role in maintaining penis health (and vaginal health as well), that's a good thing. But do married men and women view masturbation the same way? A recent study suggests they do not.
Coming to terms
For the purposes of this article, "married" is going to refer to a couple which is in a long-term, committed relationship, even if they are not officially married. And "masturbation" will refer to the act of engaging in self-stimulation of a person's own genitals in a private setting. (In other words, mutual masturbation, which might be considered as part of partner-based sex, will not be counted as masturbation.)
Most of the information in this piece is drawn from a recent study published by the Archives of Sexual Behavior and entitled "Masturbation and Partnered Sex: Substitutes or Complements?" This study was conducted by doctors at the University of Texas at Austin and Brigham Young University. It has a large sample size - 7648 men and 8090 women, all from the United States. As the scientists state in their summary, "we explored the association between sexual frequency and masturbation, evaluating the evidence for whether masturbation compensates for unavailable sex, complements (or augments) existing paired sexual activity, or bears little association with it."
In other words, they wanted to look at whether people in a relationship who had more or less sex were more or less likely to masturbate, and what might be the reason for the masturbation.
Not surprisingly, men reported masturbating more frequently than did women (a reflection of reports from other studies on the frequency of masturbation reported by the genders). But sexual contentment seemed to play a strong role in a person's masturbatory frequency.
For example, 79% of sexually discontented men who had not had sex recently reported that they masturbated. But 60% of sexually discontented men who had had sex four or more times recently also reported masturbating. Men who were sexually content (which was only 42% of the sample) reported significantly less masturbation - even if they had NOT had sex recently.
Interestingly, women were who sexually content (57%) and had had sex 4 or more times recently were more likely to masturbate than the sexually content women who had NOT had sex - 33% vs. 21%.
One theory that this data suggests is that married men often masturbate to make up for the fact that they are discontented sexually, whereas women who are sexually content may masturbate more as a way of complementing their sexual satisfaction.
The fact that only a minority of married men report sexual satisfaction seems significant, and it's worth exploring what causes that discontent. Is it the quality of the sex, the frequency, or some other factor(s)?
None of this is to say that masturbation among married people is necessarily negative. Many individuals in a relationship masturbate quite happily and contentedly. But there is clearly more to learn about this aspect of married life.
Whether married or single, masturbation is usually a big part of a man's life, and he will masturbate more happily if his penis is in prime health. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) helps maintain that health. Since masturbation-based friction often causes some raw skin damage, using a crème that can rehydrate the penis skin. For this purpose, a crème with both a natural moisturizer (such as vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) is required. Ideally, the crème should also include L-carnitine. Frequent penile use often leads to a loss of sensation due to peripheral nerve damage, and L-carnitine is an effective agent to help with this issue.