Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nita JainYour feedback matters!
My wife gave birth to a baby six months back and since then she is having irregular menstruation periods. Some times it comes after twenty days and some times in fifteen days and now almost 35 days have gone since her last periods. Although we haven't any sexual intercourse still We have done the test which has shown negative result? Please provide appropriate answer for the problem. Do we need to consult a gyne? My wife is breastfeeding the baby could this be the cause please clarify?
I am 32 years old, last year in the month of june I removed my left ovary due to ovarian cyst which is dermoid. Since last 6 to 8 months I am suffering from pain in the left side in kidney along with pain in the muscles of both legs.
I did not get my period this month. I have a baby girl. N maine 3rd april ko abortion karwaya hai. Or copper T lagwae hai. Last month period on time tha. But abhi 20 days ho gaya hai period miss ho k. Maine pregnency test kiya jo negative aaya hai. Maine confirm karne k liye sonography bhi ki. Repots me bhi pregnency show nahi hue hai. Mujhe ab kya karna chahiye.
I am 24 years old female I and have a period problem for last 3years due to after taken unwanted what should I do.
My last period started on 2 may 2017 (first day of cycle) had intercourse on 20 may 2017 at 4 pm .Took ipill at 7 pm .After having pill after 30 hours I vomited water and it continued for 5 days every morning. Also my bf confirmed there is no ejaculation inside .Are there chances of pregnancy.
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
- It helps, if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.