Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishi UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
I have pain all over the body and I have no stamina and power in my body what treatment I do for this problem please help.
Dear Sir, I have some throat infection. It is pain like cut external body. It doesn't hurt at time of speaking but very highly time of eating. What to do?
I met an accident few years ago, and now when cold air blows I feels too much pain in all my body. So what should I do?
There are many ways to treat pain and this includes acupuncture, several natural remedies, technological procedures and surgery. Among the different approaches of treating pain, massage therapy is an effective method.
- Massage therapy is one of the earliest therapeutic processes for relieving pain for a long time as it provides ideal relief and performs recovery functions as well. In the modern day, massage therapy is a popular pain relieving remedy, which is utilized by people all over the world.
- Massage therapy involves manipulation of the tissues, which is performed by special therapists. There are various types of massage therapies, which incorporate different techniques and procedures.
- Long term massage therapy is not very expensive and has no side effects on the body. With the help of massaging, there is an increased lymph flow, improved blood circulation and several positive effects on the immune system. Local biochemical changes occur, neural activity gets enhanced and all these mean that pain is reduced.
The current studies on massage therapy are quite conflicting and there are negative views regarding the effects of massage therapy to provide pain relief. Massage therapies are successful in treating several cases of lower-back pain. However, many experts consider massage therapy to be a relaxation technique and not a proper treatment procedure.
They say that massage provides relief to pain, but physical therapy, exercise and medicines are far superior in providing pain relief than massage therapy. Massage provides relief to neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome. However, it is considered that this relief is only temporary and not consistent enough. A single session of massage therapy does not really provide a long-term relief from pain. For better and lasting results, massage therapy should be undertaken regularly.
Massage alone will never provide ideal relief from any kind of pain and a multidisciplinary approach should be taken for pain relief treatment, where massage therapy would be one of the elements. For ideal pain relief, you should practice other measures such as physical therapy, behavioral health care, acupuncture, regular exercise and use massage therapy as a complementary relief method.
Massage therapy can never be the main treatment procedure for treating pain and it is an accompanying treatment method which you should practice along with major treatment procedures. Massage therapy combined with other therapies will provide you effective pain relief.
Massage therapy for pain provides effective temporary relief from pain. It should be performed by a trained massage therapist and for good results must be performed every day. However, massage therapy is not a primary treatment measure and should be a part of a multidisciplinary approach for pain relief.
A #joint is where two or more bones come together, like the #knee, #hip, #elbow, or #shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or #diseases, including
1. #Arthritis - inflammation of a joint. It causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged.
2. #Bursitis - inflammation of a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
3. #Dislocations - injuries that force the ends of the #bones out of position
Treatment of #JointProblems depends on the cause. If you have a #SportsInjury, treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one.
Good afternoon doctors as i am a 24 years married female given birth to baby by cesarean delivery. During 1 month of pregnancy got a pain in my backside after having panadol injection felt relived and now again after c. Section bearing severe back pain and I did consultation with orthopedic and he took my x. Ray and other test after the test he told me i am having infection and iron calcium low level And he suggest me 3 months course of AeoVit-D3 Aeonerv and parasafe but not atall got relieve and now surviving severe back pain with legs pain. Please suggest me what to do. And I did lot of exercise after post delivery and took rest also.
I am 20 years old got back pain from last 3 weeks now from monday am getting fever irregularly with high temperature and head ache and body pain what should I do.
I am so weak of heavy walking and body pains and laziness which of the medicines are help to lose the pain and laziness?
Hi. I am feeling tiredness and also body pain, weakness in my thai. Leg. Pl suggest. Age about 36 yrs. Married.
Hi, I am 26 years female. I have left side chest pain last 1week and I have body ache continuously. And hair fall n white hairs I don't know because of hair straightening or something else. And lack of sleep. I don't feel active.
I am Suffering From Severe Fever 4 Last Three Days and Having Bad Throat Also. My Body Is Badly Aching As well.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.