Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nishi Bhaskar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishi BhaskarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and I have subserosal fibroid and also at the cervix side and they are large size. I am married and I have no children. What can I do now?
Pregnant. 3rd trimester just began. Too much pain on left waistline n thighs. Taking calcium n now calcium injection also intramuscular too. But no relief. Please suggest. Thanks.
Me and my boyfriend enjoyed sex yesterday without condom. Is there any chance for born of child. We never planning for sex that day but unfortunately we do that. Any salutation for this.
23 years old m having pcos my right ovary measure is 3.3 2.3+2.2 cms (vol9 cc) n L O is 3.2 2.4 2.1 Ms. vol9. Pls pls pls tell me is it too large size. Do I need to worry more .bt I get periods regularly .will get difficulties in pregnancy.
Awareness is the key to catch it early and reduce the risks associated.
- Scoliosis is an abnormal sideways curve in the spine. Normally the spine has a straight alignment when seen from the front or back. A sideways curve in the spine can develop due to a various reasons at different stages of growth. As the spine grows taller, there is a tendency for the curves to worsen and can become severe by the time the kid reaches skeletal maturity.
- The curve in the spine is associated with rotation of the spinal column to one side. As the ribs attached to the spine rotate along with it, it leads to a rib hump in the back on one side and prominence of chest wall in the front on the other side. A curve in the lower spine leads to asymmetry in the waist lines. It is usually the rib hump or asymmetrical waist line that brings the problem to notice, usually at a time when the kid is growing rapidly.
- Severe curves distort the chest cavity and reduce the space available for the lungs, thereby reducing the breathing capacity, especially if the scoliosis starts before 5 years of age (early onset scoliosis). This is known to significantly reduce life expectancy due to failure of lung and heart function over the years. In some with severe curves, the spinal cord function may get affected leading to progressive weakness in lower limbs and eventually loss of ability to walk. But the most common and important complaint with scoliosis is the cosmetic appearance and related problems. The social stigma and misconceptions associated with these deformities is often the reason for the parents not seeking medical opinion earlier. The child may suffer low confidence due to self perceived defective body image, affecting their performance in studies and sports.
- Common cause of scoliosis in infants and toddlers is a bony defect in the spine resulting in asymmetrical growth in both sides of the spine leading to a rapidly worsening curve (known as Congenital scoliosis). A bony defect during development of skeleton in the womb or during growth after birth is usually associated with birth defects in other systems like heart, kidneys and other bones and can be detected at or soon after birth. In some, it is a nerve or muscle disorder leading to muscle imbalance resulting in a curve in the spine (known as Neuromuscular scoliosis, for example: Poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy). But majority of scoliosis that is noticed in second decade of life has no known cause and is called Idiopathic scoliosis.
- Treatment options include serial observations, spinal braces, and surgical correction of the deformity depending on various factors in each individual patient.
- But the most important factor that may help reduce the severity of the problem is early detection and treatment. The risks involved in surgical correction of a severe curve are much more than in a smaller curve detected much earlier. Newer techniques like growing rods can be used in those with early onset scoliosis to prevent compromise of lung and heart function while allowing the spine to grow in a better alignment. Consult a Spine specialist if you notice any suspicious curve / asymmetry in the back in your kid.
If hcg test 350 and again tested 759 two testss huee hhh pregnancy h but doc bole pregnancy to hh par ultra sound me bilkul chotaa sa sack hh aurrr doctor bole abi pura sack shape me naii aayaa complete bed rest bolah hh aur kya darne wale baat hh kya 34 days ki pregnancy h.
I am suffering from likoria from many 4 5 yrs and I already consulted with the drs but no relief. I am just 24 yrs.
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- IVF allows same sex partners and single women to bear an offspring.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed.