Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nisha Lekha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha LekhaYour feedback matters!
My wife scan (Real time B Mode ultrasonography of pelvis) report: 1).Normal appearing endometrial cavity both adnexae, pouch of douglas. 2) Both ovaries enlarged and poly-cystic pattern. 3) Enlarged uterus with features of adenomyosis. Seen in the posterior wall of the uterus. We need clarity on this report. What is exactly problem? How will pain will come down? Shall we cross check with MRI for additional information. If yes, please suggest MRI scan name. So much pain in the abdomen. We have one son and c section delivery. Age-25y. thyroid normal. Please suggest necessary treatment for this problem and any scan (MRI/CT) is required for additional information?
Do not let that round bump come in the way of lovemaking. Pregnancy often brings about substantial physical distance between couples. The mother goes through unimaginable bodily exhaustion while the father could be busy balancing things inside and outside the household; they hardly find time to reach out to one another through physical expression of love. However, an expecting couple should find ways to make love quite often as it is the best way to relieve stress and anxiety.
These five positions can be adopted for wonderful sex during pregnancy:
- Spooning can give you immense satisfaction: Spooning is the best available option if you are looking for shallow penetration. Women opt for this position especially in their third trimester when the belly is too big for any face to face action. The male has his hands free and can hence touch or stimulate you without any hindrance.
- Try going on top to relieve exertion: When the man is on top with the woman underneath, pressure could be built up on the baby bump. To avoid such a case, the woman can go on top. This way, deeper penetration is facilitated. Both partners can see each other's faces during intercourse and the female's erogenous zones can be easily accessed by the male. For extra support, a pregnant lady could lean backwards and place her hands alongside her partner's legs.
- You could be the doggy to avoid pressure: You could be the doggy by either leaning against the wall or by bending over on the sofa. This way your baby remains safe and your back is saved from stress too. Having sex in this position is specifically beneficial for those who have spine injuries.
- Lying side by side to form a pair of scissors: This position will only help the man enter you at a shallow level yet it is a beautiful way of having intercourse as both of you can see each other and cuddle or kiss constantly to convey love.
- The classic missionary pose can be redefined: The classic missionary pose can be modified to suit your needs. You could wrap your legs around your partner's waist while the two of you face each other; the male is required to kneel at the edge of the bed to adjust his thrusts properly.
I am 35 years old female. I have periods problem. My periods comes 2-3 months gap. My last period's date was 5 april 2016. My periods not come till today. I have unwanted hairs on my face also. Please advice what I do? I do pregnancy test two days before. Result is negative. Asha, Delhi.
HeLlo doctor. After my 1st intercourse with my husband I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Before 15 days I got my menses cycle. But now again I'm bleeding. The bleeding was not so high. I'm unable to understand whether it is menses or something else. Due to this I'm afraid to participate in sex. Can I participate in sex normally or else I need to wait until bleeding stops.
I am 43 years female I was having periods since feb 2015 some time continuously for 20 days, then gap for one week then start heavy bleeding with clots then stop after one or two days again start after one or two days with sever pain, this is going on since feb. I consulted a doctor he advised dienogest tablet 1/ day, where ultrasound shows nothing unusual except bulky in size uterus, suggest me what can be the cause of this bleeding is it some serious problem? or some other test are required? should I keep on taking dienogest tablet? is it a suitable medicine? or it has some side effect?
Hello mere last 5-6 months se periods sirf ek din k liye aarhe h left breast bhi pain krti h aur aerola suza hua h left breast ka .kya inse estrogen ka level bad jata h kya. Aur kya inse breast cancer ka risk increase hota h kya .meine ultrasound bhi krwaya tha report normal h.
I am 21 years old n married I wanna baby last 4 month 1 misscaragge an at time I'm trying to pregnancy so help me.
I am 22years old, and my gf had sex, and for the unsafe intercourse, she became pregnant, I want proper lady doctor. Who can help me?
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Infection: Vaginal or urinary or fever and even dental infection.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms.
If your waters break, or you start having contractions before 37 weeks of pregnancy, contact your doctor or hospital immediately. Even if it's the middle of the night, don't wait until morning, get on the phone straight away!
You will almost certainly be asked to go to the hospital immediately. Don't drive yourself. If you have nobody to give you a lift, call an ambulance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.