Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirupama Goyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirupama GoyalYour feedback matters!
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
I am 38 years female, with 70 kgs weight. I am bearing a burning sensation with pins and needles feelings on my feet since four months. Kindly suggest.
Hi, I am female (24 years. I try for 3-4 times for intercourse but only end up playing oral. During intercourse there is lot of pain so intercourse not possible properly. Is there any way in which there is less pain. Is hymen hard or say that is there any way in which hymen break without too much pain?
I have severe stomach ache and vomiting s during periods of first day. I will get periods regularly once a month. I have been suffering since 3 years.
Just over 200 years old
Homeopathy was founded by the great german physician samuel hahnemann in 1796 and is thus the youngest of all the medical sciences. Homeopathic clinical practice is becoming more standardized and homeopathic pharmaceutical companies are now adhering to regulatory norms. Homeopathy is based on the law of similars, according to which, a substance capable of producing certain symptoms in a healthy individual is capable of treating similar symptoms in a diseased person. Thus, the logic is to evoke a healing response from the body itself rather than trying to suppress the disease manifestation.
Myths About Homeopathy
Here are some of the common myths (about homeopathy) that have clearly fallen apart:
Myth 1: Homeopathic medicines are placeboes
Our answer to this: the world health organization (who) has recognized homeopathy as an accepted system of medicine and the world's second largest system of medicine. There have been many double blind trials conducted where the efficacy of homeopathic medicines have been proved. Studies have shown the ability of homeopathic medicines to induce physiological changes in the body temperature. Homeopathy even works on animals in diseases like distemper and fifty percent of veterinary doctors in uk use homeopathy. It shows effective results in infants even in acute diseases such as abdominal colic. This would not have been possible if homeopathic remedies were placeboes.
Myth 2: Homeopathic medicines are slow to act and cannot be used in acute cases
Our answer to this: most people take recourse in homeopathy for chronic problems such as arthritis, allergic asthma or skin conditions, etc, which take a longer time to be treated with any other system of medicine too. However, in acute ailments like fever, diarrhoea, acute cold, cough, etc, homeopathic remedies act as fast as conventional medicines, sometimes even faster.
Myth 3: All homeopathic medicines are the same
Our answer to this: although all homeopathic medicines look alike, essentially they are not the same. The basic ingredients of homeopathic medicines come from 3000 different sources that are mainly derived from plants and minerals. Their active principles are extracted into various solvents. For better palatability, the liquid homeopathic medicine is poured into small globules, which are highly porous and therefore absorptive. Although they may look alike, every homeopathic remedy is different from another.
Myth 4: Homeopathy cannot help surgical cases at all
Our answer to this: a number of surgical conditions can be treated effectively with homeopathy, for e.g. Recurrent tonsillitis, piles, fissures, fistula, chronic ear discharge, vocal cord nodules, kidney and gall bladder stones, small-sized uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, warts and corns. However, every medical science has its set of advantages and limitations. Thus, in certain cases where the disease has reached an advanced stage or in emergency cases, surgery is essential and cannot be avoided. In fact, many surgeons and dentists use homeopathy pre and post operatively. A homeopathic remedy calendula is recommended as an external application by many surgeons to facilitate better surgical wound healing without leaving behind ugly scars.
Myth 5: There are too many dietary restrictions to be followed during homeopathic treatment
Our answer to this: the only medical restrictions that a homeopath may impose depend upon the disease that the patient suffers from; for example, diabetics should avoid sweets and a high carbohydrate diet. Since homeopathic medicines act through nerve endings, traditional homeopaths do not prefer the use or consumption of any substance with strong odors like toothpaste, garlic, onions, etc, as this could affect the action of homeopathic medicines. Modern homeopaths recommend having the medicines after rinsing the mouth half an hour before and after meals and also advocate placing the medicine below the tongue for best results.
Myth 6: Homeopathy and allopathy cannot be taken together
Our answer to this: in patients suffering from drug-dependant diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, allopathic drugs cannot be suddenly withdrawn; hence, homeopathic medicines may be taken with allopathic medicines. However, allopathic medicine is often palliative or suppressive. For example, if a patient with headache takes a painkiller, his symptoms would get masked and therefore a good prescription by a homeopath could become difficult. Similarly, some medicines in allopathy tend to suppress rather than cure while homeopathic medicines may expel toxins. In such cases, it is better to take homeopathy alone.
Advantages of Homeopathy:
Homeopathic remedies are easy to take with no special dietary or lifestyle restrictions, unless a particular disease calls for them. Additionally, homeopathy is against animal testing as this tends to harm them irrevocably or kills them. Homeopathic remedies, being infinitesimally small doses, are absolutely safe and therefore directly tested on healthy human beings through a scientific process called drug proving. Another benefit is that while animal testing only provides information about structural pathologies, homeopathic drug proving enables recording of even mental and emotional symptoms.
Effective, Safe and Gentle Treatment:
The curative effects and the symptomatology of every homeopathic medicine are proven only on healthy human beings, not rats and rabbits, making homeopathy uniquely reliable. Homeopathic medicines are prepared by the process of dynamization, in which, the original medicinal substance, irrespective of its nature whether inert or toxic initially, undergoes serial dilutions with constant friction so as to liberate its healing bioenergies whilst getting rid of its ability to produce any side-effects. Being infinitesimally small doses, these medicines do not produce any adverse reactions even when taken for prolonged periods of time and can therefore be safely given even to babies, children, and elderly people.
Patient-Friendly and Convenient
Homeopathy is a complete system of medicine that assists the natural tendency of the human body to heal itself. Homeopathic medicines being easy to administer, sweet to taste, non-invasive and free of side-effects, are extremely convenient for the patient and therefore command better patient compliance. They are absolutely safe even if taken for prolonged periods of time. Unlike other medical systems where many drugs need to be administered to treat multiple symptoms in a single patient, homeopathy advocates the administration of a single remedy called the similimum that is capable of treating all the disease symptoms in a particular patient. It is a subtle yet effective therapy that can correct small imbalances long before the appearance of the more serious symptoms that indicate the onset of a particular disease. The doctor-patient relationship is vital in homeopathy, where the homeopath becomes a friend, philosopher, and guide to the patient, a healer as well as a preserver of good health.
Homeopathic treatment is extremely cost-effective in the long run especially keeping in mind that treatment is sought for chronic diseases that need long-term treatment. Homeopathy believes in employing a single remedy, in minimum dose and minimal repetition when treating any patient. Since homeopathic medicines are prepared by serial dilutions, a miniscule amount of the original medicinal substance is required when manufacturing the medicines. Additionally, since only a few drops of the medicine are used to medicate the sugar globules, preparation costs are also low. Homeopathic medicines are therefore inexpensive as compared to medicines from the other medical systems. Moreover, homeopathy also obviates the need for surgery in a number of conditions such as warts, piles, fissures, tonsillitis, ovarian cysts and kidney stones for which patient may otherwise have to pay up a lot for conventional treatment methods.cold cough
Is there in medicine to increase the sex appetite in woman which can be taken directly with no side effect.
Doctor is white discharge are sign of pregnancy? Actually two intercourse happened first was protected nd still I have taken I pill. Nd second was unprotected but I took ipill within 24 hours. After that I got lil spotting on 11th of march. As my periods date was 12th of march nd bleeding got heavier on 12th but it ended on 14th. Proper bleeding occurred only for 2 days 12&13th. Though flow was lil less than my periods. after that I have done almost 4-5 pregnancy test at home nd all are negative. But white discharge nd lil stomach pain is happening. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Or there is no risk. Why this white discharge is happening?
Sex with cloths on 4th march. Boy is having 3 cloths, underwear, boxer and jeans. Girl wear college trouser and underwear. Suddenly boy cummed in his underwear. After that girl had three period. 1st-6th march, 2nd-11th april, 3rd-12th may. Should she do pregnancy test. She vomited once after her 1st period. Now gain some Weight. Pregnant?
I fingered my girlfriend vagina on 3rd march, I do not know whether my hands sperm free, she got her last periods on feb 16, Still now she didn't get her periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy? And what are the preventions for pregnancy? Tell me about abortion kit and usage. Thanks in advance Plz.
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided, if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry, but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite daily soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.