Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirupama Goyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirupama GoyalYour feedback matters!
Ultrasound findings reveal right ovarian infective/hemorrhagic cyst. Left ovarian follicular cyst is also seen right ovarian cyst size: 35×26×39mms.
Hello Sir, My friend having pain in tummy and waist between 12 to 14 days of completion of her period for 1 day can you please give us a reason and remedy for that.
Hi I'm married 6 months before and I still din't get conceive I had suggested some doctor but now after that I got my periods 15 days before I want to know the reason
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Today’s most commonly searched keyword in google is “Anxiety or Depression or Stress“. Why are these terms suddenly becoming important in our modern life? Reason may be factors like our disordered lifestyle, Influence of modern gadgets, excessive use of Internet, social media, diet, nuclear family, environment, toxin accumulation, exercise levels etc.
If we try to understand this disorders in a layman's language;
Anxiety /fear is a mental disturbance caused by overthinking about “Future” ex: fear about exams, interviews, Job security, maintaining relationship, career, financial risks etc
Stress/Tension is a mental disturbance caused by overthinking about “Present ex: achieving goal, commitments, pressure to meet schedules, running behind goals, race against time etc
Depression/Worry is a mental disturbance caused by overthinking about “Past” ex: failure in exams, relationship failure, death in the family, loss of money /business etc.
As the body and mind are interconnected, these mental factors also influence body functions by creating health issues and discomforts.In medical terms this is called as "psychosomatic diseases".
In Ayurveda, these mental factors are directly linked with the characteristics of 5 energy elements in the name of Vata (Ether and Air), Pitta (Fire and Water) and Kapha (Water and Earth) called as Tridosha. Tridhosa is the driving forces behind everything happening from creation to death at atomic to cosmic level in this universe.
- Vata - a movement principle exhibits the qualities of Air/Wind in the characteristics of an individual like creativity, artistry, energetic, inspiration, enthusiasm, intuitive behaviors. But if the air energy is imbalanced they show up nervousness, anxiety, fearfulness, weirdness, manic, insecurity, negative dreams, suicidal behaviors. Similarly, at body level it causes sleeplessness (Insomnia), headache, palpitation, tiredness, joint pain, constipation etc
- Pitta - a transformation principle exhibits the qualities of Fire/Sun in the characteristic of an individual like leadership, commanding, ambitious, Sharpness, clear thoughts. But if imbalanced, it displays stress, anger, hypertension, irritation, judgmental, controlling, violent behaviors. Similarly, at body level it causes acidity, heartburn, skin irritation, blood pressure, excessive hunger, thirst, fever etc·
- Kapha – a stability and cohesive principle exhibits the quality of water/ Moon in the characteristic of an individual like patience, generosity, peacefulness, nurturing, love, loyalty, compassionate behaviors. But if imbalanced, it displays depression, worry, stubbornness, possessiveness, holding grudges, attachment to objects, selfish characters. Similarly, at body level it causes slow digestion, nauseousness, obesity, dullness, lethargy, water retention etc.
According to Ayurveda, health is not merely considered to be a state of freedom from ailments or diseases, but rather a state of enjoying uninterrupted physical, mental and spiritual happiness and fulfillment. Ayurveda considers any treatment with a holistic approach to cure both body and mind.
So Ayurveda approach for treating such mental imbalance would be, a combination of any of the below mention solution based on the individual's body and mind constitutions analyis (our body is made up different ratio or combination of five elements):
- Daily Routine (Lifestyle Change)
- Taste and Dietary Recommendation
- Oil Massages / Abhayanga and Shirodhara Treatment
- Yoga and Meditation
- Herbal Supplements
- Ayurveda Medicine
- Panchakarma Treatment (Detoxification Therapy)
Prevention is better than cure. All these solutions can also be followed by a healthy individual if he wants to balance his body and mind in a natural way.