Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
Is there any medication or treatment in allopathy to cure male infertility. If yes then how long the treatment will go on Pls help us out.
When should I expect my periods after a surgical abortion? Will they be delayed? Will I gain weight post the surgery.
If her blood is b- and his husband blood a+ and first baby blood group is also a- then their is problem in second baby birth is any risk.
U.S.G PELVIS & abdomen U.T -- avns N echotxtous R .T.O -- Shows cyst of 3.7*3.2*3.6 L.T.O -- N CUT .DE. Sac --- no few fluid seen Suggest tablet? Plz.
Hello doctor, I am pregnant of 4 months and my age is 24 and weight is 43. Can any one suggest me good diet chart in order to gain my weight. And also I want to know do I really need to gain my weight? Is it very less? As every one in my family always keep telling me to increase my weight. Thank you.
Hi doctor my weight is gaining now 2-3months over hair fall also is there now my neck also paining some one told to me its thyroid problem but I'm now little scared I want 2nd baby so it will problem me what problem I have any problems will come for conceive? Please tell me.
Hello, I am 5 days late from due date of my period. But negative pregnancy test. My last 5 cycles were regular. Also having mild right side pain in lower abdomen. Is it a sign of pregnancy or my periods are yet to come. No other symptoms noticed.
Hello. I have very dry periods. My age is 25 and I am unmarried. I bleed hardly for two days. N then it is almost nill. What should be done?
My menstrual cycle is not regular after marriage its being late 2 month late or more than 2 month late what to do is it normal.
I want to have sex with my girlfriend without using condom she is 19, I'm 22 but I don't want to pregnant her, which is the best way to make this out, after sex what the steps she has to take and at what time or duration,(pills or something) please explain me everything in detail, I need help.
Daily I am suffering from white discharge wit akward kind of smell can anyone pls sugest me how to reduce the white discharge and evn smell pls sugest me sum medicine.
I am 32 years old mother of two sons. Last years with the help of a gyn doc I took medicine for abortion. But unfortunately now I 've conceived again. So I went for check up n told everything but now d doctor is suggesting me not to have medicine once again for abortion Cz it Wil be very risky for my life as my previous deliveries were c-section. If I take medicine once again. Dn it may effect in d uterus. Please suggest me Wat to do. Can I take medicine once again or should I follow d doc? In my tomography report yolk sac is NT visible in d uterus yet. So suggested ultrasound again after 2 weeks.
My girlfriend 18 years, I am 20 years, I am participating in sex without safety. Now how to avoid pregnancy? Please send me your answer.
Irregular periods problems. And what are the precautions taken. And to maintain health and hygiene during periods time. Thank you.
I am having period problem the bleeding last for 10-12 days with pain in lower abdomen and inflamation in vegina. What to do?
I got married since 1years 2 months still I am able to conceive. My periods are regular. And my health is normal no issues.
Can a patient go home same day after hymenolasty? If yes, after how long. How is the procedure conducted and is it painful? Does it tighten the vagina as well or just repair the hymen. Would it affect fertility in anyway? As I heard that there are chances of infection. Please help.
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?