Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I started taking medicine levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol tabs from 8 sept after the advise of Dr. N I have blood spotting today and medi time period is 21 day so is there might be wrong anything or it happen generally.
Today 11 day after period I am so much tired or too unhealthy. how can I confirm I am pregnant or not?
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!
I am a 24 years old man. My wife is 21. During intercourse my wife is suffered from a lot of pain. I have sex with around 15 times, yet she feels a lot of pain. So she was unable to found orgasm. Please give me reason of this pain.
I am 32 years old. I took "I pill" within 24 hrs of sex, that is on 14 Dec I took the pill. But had no bleeding after that and even missed my periods. Which was due on 27-29 Dec. Does that mean I have conceived?
How can I differentiate between Shingles and Herpes simplex. Even there symptoms is same. I want to know the difference. Plzz help me.
Ectopic pregnancy: Causes and symptoms
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
Sir, I had sex for the first time on 14th aug my periods was over on 2 or 3rd of aug. I had sex continuously for 3 days i.e, 14,15 and 16. On 14 we didn't use condom for the first time and so I had i- pill in the evening. After that we used condom each time we had an intercourse on 15th mid night we again had sex without condom and my boyfriend ejaculated inside me the next morning i.e, on 16th we had sex with condom and in the evening again I had I pil. After 1 week we again had sex with condoms that time I bleed for 5 days after few days when I again had sex I again bleed for 2 days. and today its 6th of sep but i'm still not having periods my period occur each month on 28-31 day of the month or on 1-3 of the next month last time I had periods on 30 july. Please advise.
I had my last periods from 26 to 29 th august 2016 after 10 days some blood spotted in my panties that day I had protected sex with my boy friend. And my period was suppose to come at 25th sep 2016 but it not came yet (3rd oct 2016) But some white discharge like cottage cheese are spotted in my panties. Now I am scared that am I pregnant? Please tell me.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
What is Karyotyping? Is this help to knw genetic disorder that can be transmitted to child from mother before conceiving baby?
Iam 27 yrs old, suffering from infertility problems like pcos, unicornute uterus. Wat are my chances of getting pregnant?
**tricolour sample meal plan for the healthy nation**
Early morning: green tulsi water with white banana and orange apricot
Breakfast: green methi spinach roti with white curd and orange home-made pickle
Mid-morning: papaya, kiwi & apple fruit salad
Lunch: tricolour vegetable biryani
Evening snack: tiranga sandwich with green tea
Pre-dinner: tomato, paneer, mint and basil leave salad
Dinner: green moong dal, carrot vegetable with roti
Would love to know who all tried the menu.
P. S. This is just a sample meal plan and is not intended to achieve a certain health or a lifestyle goal. However all options in the menu are healthy and can be followed by anyone.