Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalYour feedback matters!
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eyeball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and is considered as an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD):
- Early AMD: This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD: A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD: People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss. Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasians are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contracting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable, but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
Drink 1/2 a glass or full glass of water every time you go for micturation. Drinking water will help you loose weight, help you in proper digestion because of which gastric problem gets cured, hard stools and constipation get cured. People with kidney problems should ask your doctor before starting this practice. Thank you.
I am 36 years with 15 weeks pregnancy. I am suffering from hypothyroidism since last 5 years. I had two miscarriage in last two years. Since last 6 months I had 8 mm kidney stone. At present the doctor advice me to take 200mg progesterone(twice) + ecosprine 75 + zincofer nurture tables. I want to whether I can have a normal healthy baby. Whether there is any risk in vaginal delivery
During sex when I enter penis into vagina she says her vagina is burning due to intercourse some time. Please help me.
I have missed my periods. Its been delayed by 3 days. Am I pregnant? Pls suggest medicine for not getting pregnant.
Its been five months since m married I still dint get pregnant I wanna conceive asap m eager to get pregnant. please guide.
As my friend and her boyfriend doesn't have sexual intercourse but is their any chance of getting pregnant with inserting finger and she had period last month but this Month she missed her period and she gain weight also please suggest.
My mother age is 45 years. She had undergone an Hysterectomy (uterus removal) operation in last November 2015. After that there are so many changes in her body. Without any reason her body is getting full of sweating for few minutes and then normal. Like this its happening throughout the day so many times. Now get her skin tone also got changed. She is becoming black in colour. She is consulting doctor and doctor saying like this becoz of hormonal changes only and she is giving tablets and my mom is using tablets the doctor giving right from the operation. She is worrying alot about this. Please help me. Is this becoz of hormonal changes only or is there any problem? Pls suggest.
I have a 4 months son, how to I know that my milk is sufficient for his. How to increase breast milk.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.