Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalYour feedback matters!
I have bilateral maxiliary sinusitis for the past one and half years. What medicine I should take dosage and for how long.
I have dry throat feelings for the past two three days. From my throat to my upper have become reddish and also I have wounds on my jaws. I had cold past week. But it's gone right now. But my throat become infected upto my upper jaw. It become highly reddish.
I was suffering from cold and my nose will block in morning, day time and also in night also in sleep, it was from since 3 year. I was trying homeopathic also and English medicine also no result can use suggest any for my blocked nose and sneezes. In every season it will attacks.
I had operation for the nasal polyps and doctor told me there is chance to come it again.will you suggest any medicine for this.
I have been affected by ear block quite frequently off late. No it's not due to excess wax accumulation or common cold. I did visit an ENTspecialist recently and was told that this is due to the blockage between ear and nose and should be alright soon and gave me some medicines. I was on medication for 5 days and felt alright for 10 days, now the ear block as reappeared and it's causing too much of inconvenience and lack of concentration at work. The ear block worsens when I am in the air conditioning room. Please help.
I am 64 yrs old lady. I started with problem of hearing along with peculiar sounds 3 yrs back. Gradually it got bad and was diagnosed tinnitus. Now since last 15 days hearing problem has occured especially at noisy places. And there is breezy noise continuosly, day and night. Sugesstion appreciated. Thanks
I am 28 years old male. I am having dry, sore, scratchy throat for past two months. Sometimes, it feels like something is stuck in throat. I have seen two doctors, one was General physician and another was ENT specialist but their medicines didn't worked for me. Kindly help, I am in need. Thanks in Anticipation.
I have severe sore throat, cough and cold. There's hoarseness of voice since 4 days. How to get relief from this.
I am 19 years old and a music vocal student from last 2 months my throat is paining and I have eaten many medicine and check it up by many specialist but they said normal but cause of this pain I can't do music practice please tell me what should I do ?
I have a goiter on right side of my thyroid gland. Its is there from last 3 years. Size of the gland is almost same from last 3 year as I am duly doing usg to check it. I do not have symptoms so far. But as this is quite visible. Can I go for a operation to remove it & what would be the consequences for this?
Hi I am 23 years old and I am facing sinus issues I have gone to many doctors they say it does not have the remedy?
Teczine 10 mg tablet took at 6 pm before food then took glucored forte before food at 9 pmdthen 4 chapati. Why dizziness.
She has experienced allergy at her whole body suddenly taking her meal at afternoon on day before yesterday. She did not take any food other than she takes everyday except mango which purchased from market. Although she is been taking mango everyday after her meal. To cope with the situation immediately she had taken Avil 50 a single dose. Thereafter her allergy remises but she could not intake anything there after due to burning sensation at her Esophagus and throat. Rashes are also visible at her throat. Please suggest asap.
I have been suffering from blocked nose due to infection fandor the last 20 days yesterday got a lump just below the ear .is the lump cause of infection in nose.
I am feeling dizziness from last 5 to 6 days. I always want to sleep and sleep. What should I do to cure this?
Hi i am 20 years old and I have a listening problem. And doctors are asking for the nose operation due to increase in nose bone. Is that operation is successful.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.