Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nimmi MahajanYour feedback matters!
I have the problem of wait loss over a period of around 1 months now. I take proper food but I become thinner and weaker day by day. Could you please suggest me something that I could do?
Plese tell how to get rid of wart on inner lips of vagina. I fear it can spread to other parts and removal by burning is not possible as it is sensitive area.
I had sex with my hus three days before. I. Feeling so much pain in my vagina. And bleeding so much. It has a radish brown colour. Im I pregnant. I ate papaya yesterday. Why itz bleedings?
Sir, I had an unprotected sex last month around 2nd april just after the period and after that I hd taken contraceptive pills-unwanted 72 within 72 hours. But later after few weeks I had problem with urine as it was coming with some blood drops and blood cloths, later I went to a doctor and they had taken my urine sample for test and she said I had some infection so she had given some antibiotics and urikind sachet and advice to have plenty of water. But now the problem is that there is one week delay from my periods as it last happened on 27th march and now for today I am having stomach pain and loose motions, and for preventive measures I had taken pregnancy test at the time of visiting my doctor and later on 29th april and it shows negative result. Help me asapsir, I had an unprotected sex last month around 2nd april just after the period and after that I hd taken contraceptive pills-unwanted 72 within 72 hours. But later after few weeks I had problem with urine as it was coming with some blood drops and blood cloths, later I went to a doctor and they had taken my urine sample for test and she said I had some infection so she had given some antibiotics and urikind sachet and advice to have plenty of water. But now the problem is that there is one week delay from my periods as it last happened on 27th march and now for today I am having stomach pain and loose motions, and for preventive measures I had taken pregnancy test at the time of visiting my doctor and later on 29th april and it shows negative result. Help me asap.
Which exercise are suitable for a cesarian delivery? And after how many month can she continue her physical relation with her husband?
Hello doctors I had sex on 21 Aug and my period date was 22 Aug bt it came 25 Aug and now it is stopped means my period lasted for only one day and also he used protection and it didn't leak but I'm still worried. So is there any chance that I can be pregnant? Please reply me asap!
I and my girlfriend had slept together few days back. We both are virgin and we did not had any bleeding or any muscular tear or any pain, as one feels while having sex for the first time. We used condom and it did not got inside properly as we were trying for the first time. Her due date was 27 last month but she has not yet got her periods. Can you help me if this happens normally or there can be any other reason behind this?
I am a JME (Juvenile Mio Epilepsy-Seizure Disorder) patient and taking valparin chrono 500 twice daily. Now I want to conceive and am suggested to take levera 500 and continuously decrease the dose of valparin as valparin is not safe for pregnancy but I came to know from internet that levera is also not safe. Is it? please reply. One more question, if I do not take any neuro medicine during pregnancy and attack happens. Will it harm my baby?
Milk and health always go hand - in - hand and both have always been an important part of life. Yesterday, that is 26 November being the National Milk Day of India, let us understand how drinking milk in a particular position can be positive or negative for your health and well-being.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to stand while drinking milk or sit? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than drinking it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid to hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This can cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain. When you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is, in turn, is supported by your thighs.
But why should you drink milk at all?
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits, such as
- Milk can help in balancing Vata and Pitta dosha in body.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for you, which you have been accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to lose weight, fat and obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1) Drinking Hot Water- Water is the elixir of life. And drinking hot water, particularly in the morning and boost your body. Irregular schedules, living an unhealthy lifestyle and dealing with stresses in general can lead to accumulation of toxins and undigested food juices in the body. Ayurvedic treatment of drinking hot water in the morning can help in elimination of such toxins. Sip it in the morning. And if you want more benefits, go ahead and boil water for ten minutes, add couple of ginger slices to it and sip it about every half an hour throughout the day. Gives better health in general and provides dental benefits.
2) Saluting the Sun- Ayurveda and Yoga combine together to give you healthier body and calmer mind and soul. Staying flexible and moving your body can help in keeping stiffness and ailments away. Therefore, you should ideally perform 12 sets of sun salutations every day (1 set involves movements from each body side). Sun Salutation, with Ayurvedic treatments like drinking hot water can ensure that you are fitter and better.
3) Body Oiling- Massages are considered to be de-stressing. And they find their origination with the Ayurvedic Practice of Body Oiling. Of course, you can?t go and see a masseur every other day, but you can oil your body first thing in the morning before bathing or showering. This will help ensure that your pores open, your skin gets smoother and better.
So, practice these simple treatments to stay healthy!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had sex and had I pill just before 3 days of my period. And now I am having body pain and getting white discharge. Is that any issue? And when will I get my periods.
One of the side-effects of monsoon, besides waterlogging, is the health hazard the rain brings with it - cases of vector-borne, fungal, allergies and parasitic infections. The worse hits are the children, who are susceptible to viral and skin infections after getting wet.
We should avoid getting drenched and should always carry an umbrella. Even when we are drenched, we must immediately follow preventive measures because if left untreated, it can leave permanent scars on the skin. In case of a skin infection, use an anti-fungal powder to avoid any further infection. Always keep your skin dry. Don't wear wet clothes. Also, wet shoes should be changed instantly. These small precautions go a long way in having a healthy and infection-free skin.