Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have pimples all over my face. I tried many activities to cure but no positive result. Please ask something about this.
What is reason of dengue. And how we can save our health from it. Please help us by your reply, thanks.
I have problem of heat n dehydration. I am 25 years old. 5'7" 65 kg. And I sweat a lot it makes uncomfortable specially in public places. specially while eating hot meal. Also after coming from outside. What should be the reason? And also my digestive system is not so good.
The body and its functions depend to a great extent on the play of hormones, which can greatly affect how we function and the quality of life that we enjoy. Men and women have many different kinds of hormones. Testosterone is a male hormone that is found mainly in the testicles of males, and is responsible for the development of their sexual behaviour and other typical male characteristics.
Why Measure Testosterone?
This hormone affects the physical, mental and emotional side of men to a great extent and an alteration can also cause health problems. For example, symptoms like sudden weight gain and mood swings are just a few that can point towards a low T score, which is a measure of testosterone. This is why it is important to measure the levels of this hormone.
There are many ways to measure testosterone levels in men, which are as follows.
- Sweat: One of the foremost ways to measure testosterone levels is to get acquainted with the sweat and its smell, which is basically a function of the apocrine glands. The more you sweat, the more testosterone you have in your body.
- Testicles: The size of the testicles also determines how much testosterone your body is producing. The smaller the size, the lower the level; while larger and firmer testicles will mean that your body is producing high levels of testosterone.
- Erections: The erection that a male enjoys is driven basically by the level of testosterone being produced in the body. The size and frequency of the erection basically speaks volumes of the T score. Infrequent and small erections can point at low levels of testosterone, low levels of nitric oxide, as well as malfunctioning dopamine receptors.
- Saliva and Blood Spot Test: This home-based test kit or a blood test at the doctor's clinic can measure the level of testosterone that is being produced in the body, with the help of a vial that can ask for either saliva or blood In this method, you need to remember that the T score depends on the time of the day and is usually highest in the morning. Also, a blood test conducted by a doctor will have more accurate results.
I am having little hair loss. But in my forehead growth of hair stops. But in the middle and surrounded area hair is growing. My front side of my head in lack of hair and gives me little old look. But I am just 21. Please give some instruction for hair growth and remedies.
I am 23 year old girl. Mt height is 4.9' and I want to increase my height. Which pills I have to take or if exercise is required for me?
Current lifestyle is such that stress becomes inevitable. But you might be aware how disastrous stress can be, it does take control of our lives. What one needs to consciously do is, take steps to address the stress that they are under.
Here are simple and effective ways to do it.
1) indulge in physical activities - most of us have sedentary lifestyles which add to stress. While indulging in workouts won't take away your stress, what will happen is that there will be clarity in your thoughts, and your emotional intensity will come down, calming you.
2) believe every problem has a solution - it is easy to be scared of the problem and let it take control of your mind & your life. Take control of them. Try to actively address your problem and look for solutions. When you act towards solving your problem, irrespective of the solution, your mind has more positive in it than stress.
3) give it away - meet people, socialize, and connect with other lives. This is actually going to solve half your problem. Not only will more things occupy your mind, and you will know of other people's problems too, but at times, sharing your stress problem warranties a quick solution!
4) treasure yourself - take some time for yourself and do what you love to do the most. Go to the spa, go shopping, read or just sleep. But make sure you have time away from work and daily chores, where you can rejuvenate your sense by doing what makes you the happiest. If nothing, meet up with friends.
5) indulge in volunteering work - helping others not only preoccupies your mind with problems of others rather than staying immersed in your own, but also helps you be more resilient. You will come out stronger and with more will to address your own issues.
6) try to stay positive all the time - appreciate what you have rather than concentrate on what you don't. Be thankful.
7) accept what you cannot change - however much we try to solve our problems, some things we cannot resolve right at the time. And there is no point in pondering over them. Accept that this is how things will be, and move on.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.