Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
My best friend left me after a misunderstanding, and now I can't leave without him, always I used to think about him. He leaves with me but he never talks to me, and this guilt is killing me. I can't live without my best friend. please plz help me.
My age was 22. I was working in India post as postal assistant. My problem is I was felling tensed about the things. For example on seeing my grand mother (90) I was scaring about her death. So on. And many negative thoughts are coming. Please Tell me how I can control my self. Normally I was very good, but at these things I was struggling.
age: 24, male had severe head injuries but I never bled on any of those injuries. Most of those hits were directly on the back of skull and on top. I'm having anxiety, mood-swings, agitation, frustration issues a lot. Slurred speech, improper sleep timings, sudden ringing in ears with dizziness that will be there for a couple of minutes, answering questions late than usual time even if I know the answer. Please help me. Should I worry about it that much.
I am suffering from mental stress it reflects in my personal life. Is it any disorder. Age 24. Working in software field.
Why do I have constant fear of heart attack? In morning I feel alot stressed and anxious but as the day progresses it eases abit and at night again it strikes back. I get anxious because of the physical symptoms I get throughout the day. I am fine and suddenly I get anxious about the symptoms I get.
I am 30 years old. I am taking paxidep cr 25 for last 10 months. Can I stop now? My depression level now low.
My son who is 13 years old and there is a problem with him is, he takes some time to speak the words. Pls advice what should I do to cure him. Can he speaks fluently in future.
Hi Doctor I have tried committing suicide 3 times by taking alprocontin tablets in more quantity like 150 tablets, does that effects my sexual life. If so is there any steps I should follow. Please suggest me.
I want to marry my girlfriend I love her lot she also wanted to marry me BT her father hardly gives two years to complete her studies, she did not go against her parents, after that she is going to marry with her father's match BT I want 5years to settle in my life and married her I can't understand what should I do sir?
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.