Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should I done?
I have diplopiya vision and my MRI result shows ischemic changes of small vessels of brain. I have history of high blood sugar from last 4years. What I do?
In my blood tests, it shows that I have 21000 TLC, gran 88% and lym 8%.symptoms are little pain in chest sometimes, headache, weakness, whole body is hot etc What does it indicate. I am taking medicine from hospital. And what type of diet I should take and suggest necessary conditions.
He is suffering fro heart desiese got stunts in veins but still not in good position so what we can do for them.
I am 18 years old. My Blood pressure sometimes reaches to 130/85, it's pretty high. But when I check my blood pressure I have nervousness of the result of my bp. Do anxiety of the result affect systolic pressure? Why is my blood pressure high? Height: 174 cm Weight: 90 kg.
From last 4 days I am having bubbles and foam in urine. In my urine test albumin traced. I go through rft and 24 hr protein test. And reports are normal. Please suggest me what could be the reason of bubbles and urine and how I can reduce or stop it.
High blood pressure is a common condition wherein, the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is so much high that it eventually lead to severe health problems, like a heart disease.
A number of factors can put you at a greater risk for developing high blood pressure (HBP or hypertension). Understanding these risk factors can help you be aware of how possibly you are to develop high BP-
- High Dietary Salt/Sodium intake - >5gms salt/>2.3 gms of salt per day increases the risk of developing BP at early age.
- Smoking or consuming tobacco products like khaini etc (even occasional consumption can be harmful).
- Stressful lifestyle, anxiety and decrease sleep - Meditation, decreasing daily stress and sleeping 8 hrs a day can help control BP.
- Lack of exercise and physical activity - Daily 30-40 mins of exercise or brisk walking is absolutely essential to remain healthy and avoid BP and heart problems.
- High Cholesterol can lead to blockages in arteries of various organs, which in-turn leads to high BP. Hence getting cholesterol checked annually can help in diagnosing it timely.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Following a healthy lifestyle that is armed with a well-regulated diet is the most important aspect of combating your cardio-vascular disease. If you think that it is going to be very difficult to achieve, then you will be happy to know that the reality is quite the opposite. You can achieve your goals by following short and simple steps that would help you to reap long-term benefits for protecting your cardio-vascular health.
- Try to use the calories consumed: It is very important to know how many calories you are consuming in a span of 24 hours. The calorie and nutritional information given on the food levels are normally based on the 2000 calorie diet. But it is crucial to know that your individual calorie requirement is dependent on numerous factors, including your age, gender as well as level of physical activities. When you are aiming to restrict your weight gain, it is recommended not to eat more than you can use up in a day along with increasing the intensity and amount of physical activity so that it matches the amount of physical activity. You must try to incorporate either 75 minutes of hard training or 150 minutes of moderate exercise in a span of seven days in order to boost healthy weight loss.
- Consume a wide array of nutritious items from all food groups: Though you may believe that you are eating a sufficient amount of foods, your body may not be receiving an optimum amount of nutrients it needs for proper functioning. Foods that are considered rich in nutrients must contain sufficient amounts of protein, minerals, whole grains and other variants of nutrients with low calorie content. These foods not only aid in reduction of weight but also trigger lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Eat right: You must aim to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet besides whole grains, dairy products with low fat contents, legumes and nuts. It is important to stay away from red meat, trans fat, artificially sweetened beverages and sodium. Experts also suggest consuming less of food that has poor nutrient content in order to protect your heart.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Simply exercising and eating a healthy diet is important, but you should not eliminate the adverse effects of smoking and alcohol consumption, which not only cast an impact on the health of your heart but also cause a variety of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. The medications and remedial measures vary greatly among individuals and thus, it is crucial to speak with a doctor for receiving personalized treatments.