Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil GrovelYour feedback matters!
Dental problem I am 55 years. I live in a village area where no qualified doctors are available. At all we need treatment we need to go to the city. Root of gum at the upper jaw is swollen and sometimes it's aching. If I press with finger some blood comes. I am having this more than two months. Along with this I also suffer from sores on the tongue as well as at the join of gum and lip. Very difficult while eating. I am often gurgling with salt water. The sores remain more than week. Thanks.
Teeth scaling is a dental procedure with which plaque and tartar deposits that form on the teeth are cleaned or scraped away. While plaque is a soft, sticky film that develops on the teeth containing millions of bacteria which cause tooth decay, tartar is a hardened form of plaque that develops if the plaque is not removed on time. Tooth decay is a natural process that takes place with time but plaque and tartar deposits tend to speed up that process.
Teeth scaling involves a thorough cleaning of the teeth down to the roots. Teeth scaling is usually recommended when the gum disease is of a moderate level, in order to stop it from spreading, leading to further complications. When the gum disease is found to be severe, then teeth scaling is done prior to the surgery.
Here are some common myths surrounding teeth scaling:
1. Scaling weakens the teeth and makes them lose - one of the most common myths surrounding teeth scaling is that it weakens the teeth. However, this is not the case. Scaling removes the elements deposited on the teeth that eventually lead to gum disease. When these elements are removed from the teeth, one feels the teeth weakened and lose. Scaling does not weakens the teeth as they are already made weak by the deposit of elements like calculus and plaque.
2. Scaling makes the teeth sensitive - with the onset of gum disease, the gaps between the tooth are filled with tartar. When this tartar is removed by scaling, the teeth get exposed to the oral environment and become moderately sensitive. In most cases, the sensitivity vanishes in a couple of days.
3. Scaling causes gaps between the teeth to increase - when the gum disease is progressing at a moderate level, the usual gaps between the teeth get filled by tartar which forms on the teeth. After scaling, when the harmful tartar fillings are removed from the teeth, patients feel that the gaps between the teeth have increased.
4. Scaling is painful - contrary to popular belief, scaling is a virtually painless process, with the patient feeling a mild scraping sensation on the teeth when the scaling is taking place.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
My friend was suffering from Oral lichen planus can you help us she doing treatment from dentists Bt want to know further details about this.
I am 22 years old, I have bad breath from past few years. I don't know what might be the reason, due to bad breath I could not speak to anyone properly. I use to take chewing gums every day. Kindly let me know how to cure this bad breath.
Is Drinking the water in the morning, before brush or after brush? Which is better ? I heard that drinking water after brush cause chemical reaction in our stomach which is there in toothpaste manufacture! I think before brushing the teeth , drinking water is good for health that clears the stomach and loose the motion! Which is better before or after.
Sir I am 47 years old but last 6 months I am suffering with dental infection the teeths are slightly moving. On the lunch time I got heavy pain please give me some treatment.
My teeth is in yellow colour and I felt smell in teeth and explain how long to brush our teeth. How I rectify this problem?
Hi doctor i am having broken pre- molar in upper jaw.It previously had a cap over it which has fallen a few months back. That tooth merely has an edge, now troubling. What should be done?
My teeth has broken into half how do I get my new looking teeth, please help me. It makes my face looks different.
My mouth has a permanent bad taste even after eating or drinking or brushing my teeth and using a mouthwash I' ve had the problem for 10 years and constantly eat mints or chew gum though this doesn' t help for long. Can it be cure?
I have plaque and tartar on my teeth root. If I removed it with the help of dentist, may it possible that process of removing plaque and tartar damage my teeth root? Will my teeth become week? Please help me. I am very confused.
Constantly I am feeling salty taste in my tongue it irritating me to take food please advice .What is remedy.
I had one of my tooth filled after it decayed in 2008. As of now, there is no tooth and no filling left and there is a gap. What should I do?
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.