Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi SalujaYour feedback matters!
I have some teething issue. Sometimes blood comes from my teeth. When I woke up in morning a saliva kind of comes from my mouth.
I brush everyday morning ANd I was use best in best toothpaste for my yellow teeth Any ayurvedic medicine for decrease my yellow teeth?
I want advice on normal denture or implants as I have 6 lower front teeth and upper 8 doctor says that remove all lower for denture please advise.
Sir I have problem in my teeth I use to brush twice a day but my teeth looks appear yellow please help me for that.
I have a problem in my teeth. They are always little yellowish, even I used approx. All type of toothpastes but there is no improvement in my teeth. Plzz assist me.
Hi I have some problem about chewing tobacco in mouth I have very serious problem so I do not know what do do I can not eat properly due to tobacco so pls tell me what to do.
Hi, My baby is 1 year and 8 months. She has got almost 20 teeth. Should we start brushing here teeth with tooth paste because we can see the color of the teeth getting yellow?
In my stomach there is very painful happening please give me a suggestion and in my teeth there is also pain and my height is not increasing.
Hi. Mera 20 months ka boy hai. Kya main usse brush krana start kra sakti hu. If yes. Sujest me toothpaste nd brush.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.