Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi M.RanaYour feedback matters!
The ability to see is one of our greatest powers and it needs to be valued and looked after. Sometimes this involves wearing glasses to improve our vision. Spectacles not only help us see better but also prevent straining and further deterioration of the eye muscles. Here are a few signs to watch out for that will indicate your need for spectacles. Keep in mind however that a comprehensive eye exam is the only way to determine the power required for your spectacles.
- Blurred vision
Blurred vision or the inability to focus on something in the distance is one of the first signs or eye deterioration. When it comes to children, watch out for complaints of inability to read the writing on class blackboards.
- Frequent headaches
Unexplained headaches that come and go could be a sign that you need glasses. These headaches can usually be felt at the end of a long day or after watching television.
- Constant squinting
Squinting is a natural way to improve vision. This is because the act of squinting reduces extra light and light scattering thus allowing us to see something clearer. Thus, if you notice yourself squinting more than usual it is time to schedule an eye exam.
- Difficulty working on a computer
Struggling to read figures and words on a computer screen is usually a sign of poor vision. Try adjusting your screen angle and the distance of the screen from your eyes to see if your vision improves or worsens.
- Difficulty adjusting to lights
Sudden increased sensitivity to lights can be a sign of many eye disorders with vision problems being the most common.
- Eye strain
Occasional pain in the eyes after a long day or as a result of an allergic reaction is nothing to worry about. However, if this pain persists for a few days, it could be an indication that you need spectacles.
Deterioration of vision is usually a very gradual process and so you may not realize when it begins. However, the earlier you start wearing corrective glasses to improve your vision the easier it will be to control the deterioration of the eye muscles and you may even be able to rectify your condition completely. So, do not ignore any of these warning signs. Even if you do not have any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to get a thorough eye examination at least once a year.
Hi, My eyes feel very tired, dull and slightly red if I stay out of home for more than 4-5 hours. This spoils my face and my looks. Is there any drops or any alternate that can keep my eyes fresh the whole day when I am out. Pls note: I have power in both my eyes. Left eye is 1.75 and right eye is 0.50 something. I wear my glasses only when I am at home and try to avoid when I am outside. Please advise.
I have 2 year girl child last 4-5 month ago some pots are appearing on his eye side below it increases day by day but she fill no problem .Plz know me what is this?
Is there any permanent solution may be ayurvedic or any other, to get rid off astigmatism and myopia? Now I am having a specs with minus 1 since 3 years,
I feel heat and constant constant pressure in my eyes from last one week. I checked my b.P and it came to be on higher side. I have no other symptoms of higher b.P. What should i do. Please tell me?
I was hittied the tennis ball on RIGHT EYE after going doctor was said blood was thothed in your eye after two weeks blood was melted and doctor saying eye pressure is 28 in one eye after 1 month eye pressure 14 eye looking blurry and shade what happened to my eye please tell me doctor please and it will recover or not please doctor my age is 17.
My son is 3 years old when he was only of 4 months he met with an road accident and he got an open skull fracture. And there is no improvement yet. He always coughing and cold never leave him. please advise me what we do for him. He is alright mentally but physically he has little squint problem in left eye. please help.
My Name is Arun Kumar from delhi. My eye sights is very low. Around 10-12 years before I injured by screwdriver in my left eye. From that time my eyes numbers increasing in every few months. Now my left side eye number is 13.00 Cyl. 1.00 Axis 155 and right side eye number is -11.00 cyl. 01.00 Axis 30 but number is not stable yet I have tried many big hospitals like center for sight etc. They have suggested me ICL to operate both eye. Please share your views on below queries. 1. ICL is best solution for my eyes? 2. Is there any side effect I can get in future. 3. Any other way or treatment you want to proffered me? 4. And also I am facing dryness problem in my both eyes. Any eye drop you want to suggest me?
Eye allergies or allergic conjunctivitis involves the inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are common during summer. Homeopathy is an ideal way to cure eye allergies without any side effects.
Here are some homeopathic medicines, which treat eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for eye allergies characterized by burning and stinging in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes; the eyelids swell and become puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an ideal medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin it comes in contact with, and there is burning pain in the eyes. The eyes stay watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: It is an ideal homeopathic remedy in case of eye allergies with prulent discharge. The patient develops photophobia and splinter like pain is felt in the eyes. The conjunctiva swells and the discharge is abundant.
- Ruta: This is a great homeopathic medicine to cure eye allergies where there is a sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels as if a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and quite painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an ideal homeopathic medicine when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes along with itching and burning. The eyelids feel like they have been agglutinated.
In case of eye allergies accompanied by itching or burning sensation, you can apply natural home-based eye remedies as well. They are:
- Applying a cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area will give you relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently. Use chamomile tea bags as a cold compress.
- Use cucumber: Put slices of cucumber over the affected area in the eyes to get relief from eye allergies. Cucumbers possess anti-irritation properties and reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is an effective remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and the eyes become clear. You can use rose water as an eye drop or wash your eyes with it.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and provides relief to eye allergies. It accounts for soothing the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people most during the summer. They reoccur every year and give you a bad time. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are among the best remedies.