Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nidhi Khurana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi KhuranaYour feedback matters!
Very bad smell coming my mouth bleeding also from my teeth. I suffered from last 4 months. I don't have sugar and BP. I am 31 years old. Please give treatment for me.
I do flossing and mouthwash daily once and brushing twice. Please let me know if this figure is enough for my teeth to last longer without any problem and what time is best to do flossing and mouthwash if I do them only once daily. Thank you.
I am getting small bubbles in my tongue. Its itching little so I am trying to burst that. But this again coming in many part of my tongue in tiny size. Its not like usual wounds which occurs inside the cheeks and under the tongue due to vitamin deficiency. Could you please advise me on this.
You are in the middle of a hot summer afternoon and decide to have some ice to cool off. Suddenly you hear a crackle and something comes into your mouth that doesn't quite taste like ice. oops! That's a part of your broken teeth! Although your first instinct is to panic, don't worry as there are a lot of things dentists can do these days to fix chipped teeth.
A tooth may chip off for some other reasons too. Decay being one of the main culprits, it erodes the top enamel leaving the tooth exposed to decay. Taking an unsightly fall or getting your teeth broken in a fight are some of the other reasons why your teeth may break o partially chip off. Here are some things you can do:
- Take care of you chipped tooth: The first thing to do when you realize that you have a chipped tooth is to see a dentist. If you are unfortunately suffering from this problem on a weekend when a dentist near you isn't accessible, keep the jagged edge of the broken tooth covered with a sugarless chewing gum or paraffin. If you get hungry, opt for a liquid diet or soft solids that don't require chewing.
- Treatment: Filling or bonding that is if you've chipped a visible tooth in your frontline, your dentist will use a tooth coloured composite resin for a 'bonding' procedure. If it is one of your inside teeth, your dentist may try a simple 'filling' to fix things up. Bonding is pretty much 'gluing' bits of your artificial teeth on. The dentist clears up the surface to place the adhesive and sticks the bonding material and then hardens it into shape with ultraviolet light.
- Adding a crown or dental cap: This procedure is used when a larger piece of tooth chips off, it happens mainly due to decay. The dentist will chip off the edges from your broken teeth and cover it with a crown or cap to protect the tooth from further damage. The cap also acts as a cosmetic fixture not making anyone realize that it is different from your real teeth.
Patients are generally given a choice on the material for the cap, which they can choose based on cost and cosmetics. A metal cap is the strongest, but can make you look like a villain from yesteryears, which has an evil glint in every smile. The other common options are porcelain fused to metal, all ceramic or all resin. This procedure will require more than one visit for x-rays, taking an impression of the tooth, trial for your crown and finally fixing it.
I am a male 58 years, I get mouth ulcers often and sometimes in the tongue could you please tell me the reason for same and remedy, if any diet changes required, I am a vegetarian mostly, also I have acidity and have problem while lying down.
My teeth gives me very pain full I approached a doctor and he says that to me fix cement to your teeth. What should I do?
- Though bleeding from gums after deep scaling is normal in most of the cases and subsides after 2-3 hours without any conscious efforts, there are some patients whose gums tends to bleed more and often persists for longer than 72 hours depending upon severity of inflammation.
- Prevention: when you face similar problem kindly inform your dentist. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just you have to prevent the clot to get dislodged from bleeding area. You can apply pressure gauze, black tea bag and can also use alums to rinse 3-4 times at home.
- Sometimes, those who are on blood thinner medications (aspirin) or anticoagulant therapy can also suffer with this problem. They should inform their dentist prior to undergo scaling.