Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nidhi Khera
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi KheraYour feedback matters!
Dietary dos and don'ts for pregnancy
Pregnancy is an important time in a woman's life. During this period, you need to be most conscious of what to eat, do and how to change everyday habits. Following these dos and don'ts will ensure a smooth pregnancy experience for you.
1. Take your prenatal vitamin
If you have not yet started taking a prenatal vitamin, now is the time to start. It's particularly critical to get enough folic acid while trying to conceive importantly during the first trimester. It greatly reduces your baby's risk of developing neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
2. If you smoke, quit
Smoking increases your risk of developing several problems including miscarriages, placental and preterm birth problems. It slows the fetal growth and increases the risk of stillbirth and infant death. It's never too late to quit or cut back smoking. Every cigarette you don't light gives your baby a much better chance of being healthy.
3. Do eat seafood
Seafood is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Consume a variety of seafood so you don't have a concentration of minerals from only one type of fish. But remember to not eat more than 12 ounces of fish per 7 days.
1. Don't drink alcohol
Alcohol may immensely impact your baby's development. Women who drink alcohol while pregnant could easily deliver a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome (fas). Symptoms of fas are usually low birth weight, learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and lagging patterns in terms of growth and development milestones. Limiting or avoiding alcohol is a step that you need to take.
2. Don't eat raw meat at all
Raw and undercooked meat or eggs carries the risk of food-borne diseases as well as food poisoning incidence. Make sure all eggs and meat that you eat while you are pregnant are cooked well.
3. Don't drink lot of caffeine
Caffeine easily travels through the placenta and increases your baby's heart beats. Research shows that women can safely consume a cup or two of coffee every day, but avoid downing a triple shot strong latte while you have got a bun in the oven. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi. I am married 1 year back. But till now I didn't get pregnant. I went gynaecologist. She said I am not ovulating every month. So what should I do. How to ovulate naturally. Please suggest any advice?
Your inner health and its link to the heart and Ojas: According to Ayurveda, the heart is believed to be the seat of the ‘Ojas.’ You might be wondering that what Ojas is then. Well, Ojas is a term given to the substance that maintains life. It is responsible for maintaining the bliss and longevity of life. Ayurveda believes that heart can be protected by increasing the ojas. Therefore, the well-being of an individual is directly related to the ojas and condition of his or her heart.
Your inner health can only be improved by maintaining the health of the heart and ojas. Ayurveda suggests that heart can be well kept by boosting fat metabolism and digestion within the body. Therefore, a mixture of herbs is recommended to keep the heart healthy by nourishing the blood, and improving the functioning of heart muscles. Individuals who lead a sedentary life and live on fast-food diet are at risk of developing severe cardiovascular diseases. Ayurvedic treatments offer relief to such persons and ensure the well-being of their hearts and ojas. An authentic Ayurvedic herb mixture improves the health of your heart and inner-health in the following ways:
- It increases the ojas and the power of fighting back diseases
- Nourishes the muscles and tissues of the heart walls
- Improves circulation of the blood through all channels or the shrotas
- Betters the coordination between mind and body
- Enhances fat metabolism and overall digestion, avoids accumulation of excess cholesterol
Tips for good inner health
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
- Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
- Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
- Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
- Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
- While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
- Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
- Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
- Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful for the heart.
- Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Work-out and exercise on regular basis.
- Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
- Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home.
- Avoid eating pungent food items. They increase anger in you.
- Avoid excessive stressful and emotionally draining works or interactions.
- If you are stressed, take an Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils.
- Go for meditation to relieve yourself from the stress and strains of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
After born my baby my belly fat and also breast's skin is loosing . So how can I maintain my figure. My age is 25 years Please tell.
Hello, I am 30 years old. My wife and I are trying for baby but I still have the habit of masturbating. I don't masturbate during her ovulation period but before and after that. Frequency: once in 3 days. I have this suspicion because we have been trying for few months now and she is not conceiving, which worries me. My sperm test done: mobility is 40%, count is 8.8m. I seek your advice for these please.
My wife is pregnant for second baby. Its been been 40 days now from the date of cycle start. We do not want second baby now. Is there any tablets available to abort baby or D&C to be done. Kindly suggest.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce inflammation and swelling
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir agar mai cesare delivery k 28 din bad sex kiya to kya paresani ho sakta he jabki sex k dusre din medam ko white sa kuchh liquid type nikla.
Holi basil seeds for male infertility.
A healthy person ejaculates 60-150 million sperms per ml, if this count is lower then 60 million/ml then it may cause infertility in men/unable to get a baby after marriage.
Take 5gm black basil seeds with milk twice a day for 1 month to cure all your sperm related problems like low sperm count or weak sperms.