Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NidhiYour feedback matters!
Sunglasses are an important part of the accessories you use in summer or any time of the year. They help you to look fashionable and stylish and also make a pretty good style statement. But is that the only job of sunglasses? Or do they have something more to them? Here are a few reasons why sunglasses are more than just a style statement:
1. Decrease in eye problems: Generally, you use sunscreen to protect your skin from the Sun’s glare. Similarly, sunglasses protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is extremely important for you to protect the eyes so that the harmful UV rays cannot enter the sensitive eye tissue and harm them. If you do not use sunglasses, then you have a higher chance of damaging your eye tissue than a person who uses them regularly. Bear in mind that the strong UV rays can cause serious permanent damage to your eyes.
2. Protection from other environmental components: Not only is the sun harmful to your eyes, but also the wind can be extremely dangerous for them. Dirt, sand, dust particles can fly into your eyes even when just a breeze is blowing. On a windy day, damage can be much more. If you are wearing sunglasses when out on a windy day, they act like a shield to your eyes against the wind and the particles,which might enter your eye.
3. Helps clear vision: It s often difficult to have a clear vision when out in the Sun. The bright sunlight doesn’t give you the clarity in vision. Without protection, you will have reduced vision as the bright glare of the Sun might cause you discomfort in your eyes and limit your vision as you will have to squint in the bright light.
4. Helps prevent aging: Although it might sound a bit surprising, but wearing sunglasses actually helps in prevent aging. The bright glare of the sun causes you to squint and this causes the age lines to appear. So, if you wear sunglasses and your eyes are protected from the bright sunlight, then you will not be squinting anymore, and hence it will not cause the age lines to appear before time.
So now, before you think that sunglasses only make you look good, think again about how they actually do much more than that. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dear doctors, how can I regain my knee joints strength after did alot masturbation. Now I quit the masturbation. Any suggestions.
I am 30 years old and I am having hair loss problem from last 2 yrs. I have dandruff problem also. please advice me a cure for it.
I'm 15 years old ,my body's was growing the pubic hair and my body were clean without pubic hair if you tell me.
Hello doctor. When I am working on a computer my head aches so much and later on I will take rest. It will be cured when I take rest. But in mid night in the middle of sleep sometimes I feel like dying. Please tell me solution.
I am teenager of 16 years old. I had an abdominal ultra sound scan. The reports show that I have an ovarian cysts formed near one of my ovaries. 1.What is an ovarian cyst? 2.how is this formed? 3.How will this effect me in my future? 4.What should I do now? Please. Respond.
I have been suffering from tooh pain since thre days so please give me suggestion to loose my tooth pain?
I have a mental problem For example if I am went for restaurant I will check my wallet for every 5 to 10 times. Some uneasy feeling when I am talking to new persons And if anybody give s a costly item to me I will tense and thinking like this what happened if I drop it. Like that Like this lot of thing's Is this mental problem or fobiaa.
Hi doc, I'm 35years old &suffered from diebeties.My postperidial blood sugar levels are near about normal but my fasting levels are too high.So kindly suggest me how it can be control. & please suggest me diets. Fruits & vegetables. Pomegranate can tke it in diebetis.
Hi sir, My son is two and half year old. But usko bolne me dikkat aa rhi hai. Mera beta bolta to hai per proper nhi bol pa rha. Mummy, papa, dada, roti, pani jaise word to proper bolta hai per puri tarah nhi bol pa rha abhi. Kya muje uske liye koi tonic ya medicine leni chahiye. Please tell me.
Hello doctor I am 7 month pregnant if I do any work like cooking and something after some time I feel pain in my stomach.
Navratras are celebrated to worship the divine mother through meditation, prayers and chanting. It is not just a religious practice, but a spiritual one too. It coincides, twice a year, with the changing seasons and is a process of rejuvenating our body and mind. This reflects in the foods that are supposed to be consumed during Navratri fasting. Why is that we fast and that certain foods are shunned during the festival while some are encouraged and embraced wholeheartedly? Here we try to deconstruct some aspects related to food and fasting during the festival.
Fasting is an integral part of Navratri, which helps to cleanse our body and rekindle the digestive fires. It gives our digestive system the much-needed rest from the constant overloaded eating habits. We can use this as an opportunity to detoxify our body and break away from the regular dietary pattern.
Traditionally, Navratri foods are wholesome and high on nutrition. Kuttu (buckwheat), which we have been having for ages is being hailed as the new superfood! Along with kuttu, sabudana (tapioca pearls), singhada (water chestnut) and amaranth (rajgiri) are widely used and help bridge the gap created by the absence of wheat and rice. Most of the navratri flours are packed with proteins, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which makes them an ideal substitute for heavy gluten rich grains.
Focus during Navratri should be on foods that are nutrient rich, but still light on our stomach, in keeping with saatvic (pure, simple and fresh) principles. Thus, fruits, juices, dairy products and their preparations are stressed upon. However, when we consume food during this period, we tend to overindulge. We have distorted the cooking techniques such that we load ourselves with fried, high fat foods. This, instead of making our body feel light, tends to bloat it up.
We has put together these simple techniques that one may follow this Navratri, to make the best out of fasting foods:
- Cooking technique: The key to unlocking the nutritional value of food is to cook right- instead of making the usual fried paranthas and pooris, try and make rotis, Kuttu dosas, chilla or pancakes. One can have them with the nourishing Kuttu ki Kadhi. Let’s get innovative and try something new!
- Healthy Snacking: One can easily replace fried chips and namkeens with makhanas that can be roasted at home and seasoned with rock salt, black pepper, chili flakes, etc. to one’s liking. We can also help ourselves to baked potatoes, instead of fried ones. We have also put together a Navratra salad for healthy snacking. To satiate our need for a dessert during fasting try making the pumpkin kheer. These are the small changes that could go a long way to achieving the desired result of cleansing our bodies.
- Keep Hydrated: Kuttu and amaranth being rich in protein need good amount of water for proper digestion. Therefore, it is imperative that we increase our liquid intake for proper elimination of toxins during the process of cleansing. Fruits like water melons, melon, grapes, pomegranates or oranges have high water content. So, try to add 3 different colours of fruits, through the day, to keep you hydrated. Fresh coconut water will also help to keep the ions in balance make us feel light. We also suggest making the bottle gourd punch.
- Conscious Fasting: Navratri not being a rigid fast, people tend to follow it differently. The fast could be only on fruits, liquids, once a day grain or varied. We should take into account our health and lifestyle while deciding on the type/ form of fasting. Special care should be taken by people with health issues like diabetes, hypertension and conditions like pregnancy and lactation.
So, hopefully, armed with the science behind Navratri foods, you would be making better informed choices. This Navratri let us leave the unhealthy cooking habits behind and ensure that food that we eat is tasty and healthy too. Happy Fasting and Healthy Feasting!