Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from tooth ache and my head is paining badly please help me out with medicines or any other thing.
My teeth is very pale and I drink fluoride water 7-8 years and current I brushed everyday but no improvement in my teeth also want treatment for white them. I want to clean and whitish without any damage someone says that it may gape in your teeth. Thats right or not.
I' m 20 years old and I have toothproblem since I was 16. I have gone through two times rct and finally doctors advice me to remove the teeth so I did today still i' m having pain in my three teeths and also in my mouth.
I have a chronic problem of bad breath for a long time. I do brush twice and also clean the tongue daily. Can you suggest any remedy for this?
I have teeth problem my teeth pains on taking any cold substance ps help very serious conditions here will be very thankful to you.
Hi m 24 years old and got pyorrhoea. Hw can it be cured. Can it be cured by toothpaste /toothbrush. Or have to do something else.
Tobacco prematurely ages the mouth and leads to mouth cancers. Smoking tobacco stains teeth and interrupts calcium absorption in your body.
Can't open my mouth due wisdom teeth. It's now locked.. I am not able to open more then 1 inch. Surgery is compulsory for that? Is there any other options.
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Root canal done. A small bit of drill bit got lodged in. After 1 year a small 2 cm diameter hard ball formed below that tooth. Sometimes it bulges out and gives slight pain. Other times it doesn't bulge out though it is there. Dentist took xray. He says the drill bit is NOT the reason. What should I do?
Sir I had done root canal treatment 2 years ago, now there is a crack in that point. When open my mouth it smells bad. What will I do now?
Sir I have performed my root canal last six months so now it started swelling so kindly help me and let me know the reason abt it because i am afraid that I can lead to some other disease and I'm planning to extract on money so let me know that I should take medicine or not.
I have a gum reducing problem. Till I noticed it. It was late. Now the condition is. I hav a whole on the right side of my gum above molar teeth. My front gums are down badly. My dentist came up with a conclusion that it was because of wrong way of brushing. I followed the way they showed me. Of strokes. Up and down. But that doesn't seem to stop the problem. Kindly advice is something over it. And also it is possible to regrow the gums?
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!